Around the NHL IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
You have to think OJ was signed when Poile knew Fisher was out for a while and OJ probably expected to play center on the second line, but he just doesn't have anything left in the tank. I can't blame him for telling the TO media he wasn't used properly, because really, what else is he going to say, "I'm washed up and was a salary/contract dump?"

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
You're an advocate for as long as the injured player is out huh ? ... slippery slope my friend.

Not necessarily. 4 games for something that blatant though is a slap on the wrist. They wonder why players don't stop doing it and then basically give them a short rest for something that dangerous.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Rinne is better than Price. The West is tougher. Our division is way way better. West coast road trips cannot be ignored.

All that said, Price is On Montreal. He is also playing fantastic. He would win if season ended today.

I fear the same will happen with Giordano over Weber who is the new Canadian team golden boy.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Rinne is better than Price. The West is tougher. Our division is way way better. West coast road trips cannot be ignored.

All that said, Price is On Montreal. He is also playing fantastic. He would win if season ended today.

I fear the same will happen with Giordano over Weber who is the new Canadian team golden boy.

i'm afraid the only way rinne wins is if he breaks brodeur's 48 wins and price doesn't

I don't know... the GMs of other teams seem to respect the Preds, so I don't see the MTL factor being as big a deal in the Vezina, except for the fact that there are 16 EC GM's and only 14 WC... but Rinne definitely needs to finish with more wins than Price

but the Norris is already a joke, and if Weber loses because Gio has a few more assists and Calgary wasn't supposed to make the playoffs this year, it will be just one more indictment of how stupid it is to let media vote on major awards. Last year several apparently brain damaged individuals didn't even have Weber in their top 5.... the only way that happens is if you don't watch the games at all or you are deliberately trying to screw over Weber.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I don't know... the GMs of other teams seem to respect the Preds, so I don't see the MTL factor being as big a deal in the Vezina, except for the fact that there are 16 EC GM's and only 14 WC... but Rinne definitely needs to finish with more wins than Price

but the Norris is already a joke, and if Weber loses because Gio has a few more assists and Calgary wasn't supposed to make the playoffs this year, it will be just one more indictment of how stupid it is to let media vote on major awards. Last year several apparently brain damaged individuals didn't even have Weber in their top 5.... the only way that happens is if you don't watch the games at all or you are deliberately trying to screw over Weber.

DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner. The media only watches the teams they are assigned to, then stat watch.

pekkaslap

Jul 8, 2011
Pekka's Vezina hopes were pretty much sunk when he got hurt. If he hadnt he would have the wins record by a mile.

Ranskyre

Feb 10, 2014
For those who don't like our "gold" should check out the uniforms the Penguins have on right now. Supposedly black & gold.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Good post V82.

For the record, Price is having an outstanding season, but so is Rinne against wayyyyy Better competition.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
with the way that the Kings are playing right now, I see them finishing 2nd in the Pacific Division

Yep- I don't think there is any doubt about it- they are only 2 points out of 2nd right now. Heck, if they win their game in hand they are only 9 behind Anaheim and with the way the Ducks are playing, you just never know........

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Winnipegs playoff hopes are in serious jeopardy.... both LA and Minnesota can now pass them just by winning games in hand...

wonder if Chevy is feeling the pressure and will make some panicky deadline deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad