Around the NHL IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Five or six years of missing the playoffs will do it. However, with the core group they have, I doubt that will happen.

...Unless Rocky Wirtz likes his door more.

Wouldn't say that I'd blame him one bit if he went and built his own arena ... got to suck only getting half of non-sporting events.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
How bad do the Blackhawks have be before their Travelling ******* Tour ceases? 1st round exit in the playoffs? Wild card entry to the post season? Failing to make the playoffs? How far do they have to fall before they start shedding bandwagoners?

Until they're out of the playoffs for a few years. The problem is there are a ton of Illinois/Chicago fans everywhere.

There are probably thousands living in Nashville so if the team is good whether it's Nashville, Boston, Dallas, Denver, Los Angeles or anywhere else, they're going to show up and they're going to be obnoxious.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
:sabres
Kane
Bogosian
Kasdorf

:jets
Myers
Stafford
Armia
Lemieux
2015 1st (lowest of Buffalo's picks according to Dreger)

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
things are starting to happen. Hope Anders can get his career back on track... he was very good in relief of Rinne, but of course that was with Weber and Suter and Trotz's system in front of him...

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
things are starting to happen. Hope Anders can get his career back on track... he was very good in relief of Rinne, but of course that was with Weber and Suter and Trotz's system in front of him...

and Mitch Korn.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I think Winnipeg just got a bit better. And if we get them in the POs they are going to be hard to beat. They remind me of us a few years ago, hard to play against, solid in all areas.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
I think Winnipeg just got a bit better. And if we get them in the POs they are going to be hard to beat. They remind me of us a few years ago, hard to play against, solid in all areas.

Disagree, Myers is big, but very soft, he could have a hard time in the Central. Stafford is a slight upgrade for them, but he's really just a 3rd liner.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Well crap- the Canucks choked away a 2 goal lead in the final minutes against the Hawks but did win in OT.

So Chicago is now 0-0-2 to start their 8 game homestand- could be worse I guess. If we win Thursday we will have a 10 point lead on them and even in GP.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
I thought the Jets would be a tough out before the trade and I still do. I agree they are just a solid team all around but in general I'd still love to draw them because I believe we are simply better and if we played well would take that series.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm not overly concerned with Winnipeg if we were to draw them. Sure they could make it interesting, but I think we pretty much have the advantage personnel wise in every major category. Keep in mind too, we are going to be hungry, too many of these guys were around for the last time we made it. I think guys like Weber, Fisher, Wilson, and Rinne will be driving the entire locker room to go for it.

I think last time we were overconfident, I don't see them having that same issue this go around.

I think that is probably part of Chicago's issue atm, they just aren't hungry right now. I expect that will change once the playoffs hit.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'm not overly concerned with Winnipeg if we were to draw them. Sure they could make it interesting, but I think we pretty much have the advantage personnel wise in every major category. Keep in mind too, we are going to be hungry, too many of these guys were around for the last time we made it. I think guys like Weber, Fisher, Wilson, and Rinne will be driving the entire locker room to go for it.

I think last time we were overconfident, I don't see them having that same issue this go around.

I think that is probably part of Chicago's issue atm, they just aren't hungry right now. I expect that will change once the playoffs hit.

Except one. Size!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad