Votes: 44 19.1%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 13 5.7%

• Total voters

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
The only similarity between Galchenyuk and Lindstrom would be the injury issues in their draft year. In term of tools, Lindstrom is a powerful skater and plays an heavy 200 ft game, he is a puck possession player in same the mold of a Slafkovsky, very soft hands and translatable tools. Galchenyuk was a below average skater and not really a 2 way player. I think Lindstrom has a higher hockey IQ too.
Good to know. I was comparing their draft-year situations, not the players, but I do appreciate the write-up on Lindstrom. I'd take another Slaf in the lineup for sure.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Assuming the Jets pick is 23rd. How further up can we move if we add Barron/Harris/Stubble?
Barron, maybe up to 16-17th? He is still somewhat young but is losing value by the minute.
Harris, you can add him all you want, you aren't moving up. Guy holds very little value.
Struble, maybe move to 20th.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Top 10 guys, I would have zero issue with any of these players, at our spot:

Celebrini

Levshunov
Demidov

Lindstrom

Dickinson
Parekh
Yakemchuk
Iginla
Silayev
Eismeran

Guys I hope fall to winnipeg's pick:
Buium
Helenius
Catton
Sennecke
Elick
Jiricek
Kiviharju

It feels llike a deep draft at d and we will probably land a top 4 solid dman at winnipeg's pick if they lose to colorado. I'm hopeful one of demidov/lindstrom end up at our spot, but it feels unlikely at this point.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
The avs were nowhere near stacked at LD like the habs are. They were able to give Byram 20+ min of ice time per night, which is not something the habs will be able to do with both Hutson and Buium.

Are we ? We have a lot of young defensemen, but since we don't have any blue ship prospects, it's likely that we won't have a #1D, in the future.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I now see the issues with Cole Eiserman. Low hockey IQ, undisciplined and at times uninterested. A winger version of PLD.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Curious what else contributed to his drop?
He just started playing since the end of September. He is highly skilled and has great leadership ability. Is it just his size that automatically makes him drop?
His size and the injury didn't help. That's it. Realistically his hockey mind is still brilliant and he's gonna be a Fox/Hutson level steal wherever he goes. I'm not even sure a guy like Dickinson should be picked ahead of him, of course the plus and minus of realibility have to be weighed in, Dickinson is probably a #4 at worse with very high likelyhood of hitting, Kiviharju is most likely a NHL player and he'd probably be an awesome one, but it's not certain he attains the NHL now. We will know more after the U18s, the combine and medical tests.
Top 10 guys, I would have zero issue with any of these players, at our spot:

Celebrini

Levshunov
Demidov

Lindstrom

Dickinson
Parekh
Yakemchuk
Iginla
Silayev
Eismeran

Guys I hope fall to winnipeg's pick:
Buium
Helenius
Catton
Sennecke
Elick
Jiricek
Kiviharju

It feels llike a deep draft at d and we will probably land a top 4 solid dman at winnipeg's pick if they lose to colorado. I'm hopeful one of demidov/lindstrom end up at our spot, but it feels unlikely at this point.
There's no way Buium, Helenius or Catton fall out of the top 12.
What is the knock against Cole Eiserman? He seems like a bonafide scoring star.
He's a sniper and that's the problem. You have to take the good with the bad if you take him. The good is really good, the bad may cost you if he doesn't end up scoring 35+. Just like Caufield.

Reactions: Rozz

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
funny enough Cole Hutson seems to be the D getting slept on the most in this draft, late 1st/early 2nd would be great value for him (i understand the arguments against needs but bottom line is value is value, especially as you go deeper in the draft)

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Curious what else contributed to his drop?
He just started playing since the end of September. He is highly skilled and has great leadership ability. Is it just his size that automatically makes him drop?
Kinda. He has problem handling physicality in Liiga (he seems to get injured easily too) and some scouts question how well he would translate to the NHL because they don't think his skating is high-end enough for his size.

I would put him in the same boat as Lane Hutson, who ended up taken late 2nd round, but I expect Kiviharju to go late 1st.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
funny enough Cole Hutson seems to be the D getting slept on the most in this draft, late 1st/early 2nd would be great value for him (i understand the arguments against needs but bottom line is value is value, especially as you go deeper in the draft)
No, that would be Kiviharju.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
No, that would be Kiviharju.
well ppl talk about Kiviharju way more than Hutson from what i see, there's a lot of good prospects but where you get to pick them matters the most (especially when you factor in needs vs value, neither of these prospects are the type of players we need but if you're in too good to pass up situation then it becomes a no brainer value-wise)

Kiviharju is a really good prospect as well but i expect him to be gone before Hutson, our 2nd rounder could be a good target for Cole, Kivi should be gone between 20-30 but you never know. In an ideal world you have another midd 2nd for Cole (and use our early 2nd on someone else), i don't think Cole would be available in the late 2nd/early 3rd round.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
well ppl talk about Kiviharju way more than Hutson from what i see, there's a lot of good prospects but where you get to pick them matters the most (especially when you factor in needs vs value)

Kiviharju is a really good prospect as well but i expect him to be gone before Hutson, our 2nd rounder could be a good target for Cole, Kivi should be gone between 20-30 but you never know. In an ideal world you have another midd 2nd for Cole (and use our early 2nd on someone else), i don't think Cole would be available in the late 2nd/early 3rd round.
Yes, and Cole should go 20-35, while Kiviharju should probably go inside the top 15, if not more. The value difference is huge.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
another good sleeper dman pick could be Freij, i haven't seen him play much other than international games but I get Engstrom vibes from him

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
No chance he survives past 3.

I believe draft will probably go

1. Celebrini SJ
2. Buium CHI
3. Levshunov ANA

I CAn just envision Chicago wanting that stud US born defenceman.

Next years a good top heavy forward draft and will go find their other forwards to round up what should eventually be a star studded top 6
Buium going to be the Makar of this draft.

Reactions: jaffy27

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
well this can be a pretty subjective argument but my own opinion is that pro management get too much benefit of the doubt and a small "margin of error" should be allowed for these type of arguments

for example in 2015 everyone thought it was crazy when Boston picked Zboril/Debrusk/Senyshyn right before Barzal/Connor/Chabot because those guys were much higher consensus picks
Well it goes both ways which is why I think looking at patterns makes the most sense. Again, with the Suzuki/Vilardi/Necas a few picks after Glass argument, it isn't entirely fair to pick the best players out of the next few and say that could be the player picked instead. At the time, if Vancouver picked Glass instead of Pettersson would it have been seen as a bad pick? No, so it can definitely go both ways and hindsight can benefit either scenario.

Reactions: TT1

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Assuming the Jets pick is 23rd. How further up can we move if we add Barron/Harris/Stubble?
Jets pick is looking like 24th at best. As soon as New York and Carolina wrap up their series it will be 24th at best.

Then for it to stay at 24th, we need one of Toronto or Boston to take out Florida, plus one of Coloroda or Vegas to come out of the Jets/Stars bracket, plus Edmonton or Nashville to come out of the Vancouver bracket.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad