Around the NHL IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Phoenix would've done us a huge favor and beat the B'hawks in regulation if Michaelek wouldv'e attempted to block a shot right in front of Hutton and deflect it into his own net.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Uggghh- I hate to say this, but I think Minnesota is going to make the playoffs

do you think they will displace calgary? or winnipeg? vancouver? and will they hold off LA?

I think the bottom 4 positions in the west are up for grabs and its gonna be a crazy finish...

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Who would have thought Dubnyk would go to that team and be a Hart candidate once there.

It is really crazy....

Here is how I think it will play out:

Central:
Nashville
St Louis
Chicago

Pacific:
Anaheim
LA
San Jose

Wildcard:
1. Minnesota
2. One of: Winnipeg/Van/Calgary/Dallas

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Chicago just had a goal called off in similar fashion to Forsberg's no goal against St. Louis I believe? Good to see consistency there at least.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
How bad do the Blackhawks have be before their Travelling ******* Tour ceases? 1st round exit in the playoffs? Wild card entry to the post season? Failing to make the playoffs? How far do they have to fall before they start shedding bandwagoners?

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
How bad do the Blackhawks have be before their Travelling ******* Tour ceases? 1st round exit in the playoffs? Wild card entry to the post season? Failing to make the playoffs? How far do they have to fall before they start shedding bandwagoners?

that's not the problem in Nash - it's our relative availability of tickets and low cost compared to home, coupled with Nash being a great destination to visit. personally, I think ANY of the other Chicago teams being a winner would be the most helpful.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
that's not the problem in Nash - it's our relative availability of tickets and low cost compared to home, coupled with Nash being a great destination to visit. personally, I think ANY of the other Chicago teams being a winner would be the most helpful.

All 3 of these things are the problem.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007

a couple years of missing the playoffs at a minimum probably... it certainly wasnt an issue in the early 00's when they were so hapless that we beat them regularly. I remember the Hawks fans with bags over their heads at a game but there werent but a few of them

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
a couple years of missing the playoffs at a minimum probably... it certainly wasnt an issue in the early 00's when they were so hapless that we beat them regularly. I remember the Hawks fans with bags over their heads at a game but there werent but a few of them

We need another generation before our fanbase "figures it out"

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009

So St. Louis and Nashville are identical twin cities? Hawks jerseys take over the Blues building too.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
So St. Louis and Nashville are identical twin cities? Hawks jerseys take over the Blues building too.

StL and Chic as sports cities have a rivalry that goes back 80+ years; Hawks and Boos go back what, 40+?

and yes, both StL and Nash have relative avail of tix and much lower cost of tix than in Chic. Proximity in StL case - you can take an afternoon off and get down for a game without any problem, whereas we make a nice place to visit for a long weekend.

I still think if you want to slow down the hawks fans visits it's give them something else - the cubs, the sox, the bulls - something else to spend their sports dollar on and they'll reduce the travelling clown show. of course, when our fans figure out they have to buy tix more than a week ahead it will help, too, but we're a ways from that.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
No, he was claimed when Preds property. Preds have the right to claim him back

He was waived to send to Milwaukee, therefore I don't see him being claimed because he would have to stay up on the big club, which they obviously didn't want to keep him there.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net

Five or six years of missing the playoffs will do it. However, with the core group they have, I doubt that will happen.

...Unless Rocky Wirtz likes his door more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad