Around the NHL IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Does everyone still think the Kings are fine and will just turn it on at some point?? This is not the same team as the Cup teams- I think they are in trouble.....

Kings and Hawks both in a funk... Hawks not in danger of missing the playoffs, but the 7th place team in the central is about to pass LA in the standings

and we are now #1 in the league outright, not just based on win%...

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Kings and Hawks both in a funk... Hawks not in danger of missing the playoffs, but the 7th place team in the central is about to pass LA in the standings

We have built quite a cushion on the Hawks- 8 points up and a game in hand...

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Does everyone still think the Kings are fine and will just turn it on at some point?? This is not the same team as the Cup teams- I think they are in trouble.....

Would be foolish to ever count the Kings out, but if they're going to "flip the switch" then they are starting to give themselves an increasingly large hill to climb. The defense definitely isn't the same, but they just really haven't been all that good overall. They are one of the worst teams in the league in terms of failing behind and if it wasn't for a string of come-from-behind wins and OT losses, they would be double digits out right now. The goaltending has been very shaky at times and there have been a lot of just really flat efforts from the team. I think all those post-season minutes over the last few years have finally taken their toll on some of that core. Based on what I've seen from them all season, and of late, I think they miss out unless the rest of that #7-8 pack just falls off a cliff.

Last edited:

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
he is scratched for loafing

Peg held onto him for too long. If/when he's traded, they won't get nearly as much as they would have if they traded him last year. His numbers have fallen and his attitude remains that direction, too. And I'm a big fan of his.

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville

I'm wondering if it's more a "mental energy" kinda' thing. Kings have made late season runs 2 outta' 3 years - basically starting that playoff mentality pretty early. Hawks similar the last few years, and had to spend a lot of it to make up ground they were down early with Crawford hurt. Kings might just be sapped, Hawks might just be saving a little cause they know they aren't falling outta' third.

Plus, salary cap certainly not the Kings friend, and even with the Toews/Kane friendly deals the Hawks have been through a lotta' rejiggering, too.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I feel like the Kings are probably just wore out. Lets face it, sometimes the difference between winning and losing is just wanting it. When your core has won two cups in 3 years, your tired and beat up, you may not have that fire you once had. I would never count them out til they aren't there, but they aren't looking good.

As long as Chicago makes the thing they will be fine ( which they will). They just have so much dangerous talent not to be.

I can't stand the Wild for anything in the world, but gotta give Dubs his props for the way he's played since suiting up for them.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
The Ducks just calmly come from 2-down in the third to tie it, including killing off two 5-on-3's. If you haven't seen the highlight of the OT game winner, go watch it. It's one of the prettiest plays you'll see. The Ducks looked like they just said, "Ok - on this shift we'll go win it." And did.

Gonna be a heck of a game tomorrow.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
CBJ helped us out by keeping the Booze to only one point, too!
:D
snoopy-dance.gif

:D :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad