Around the League 2017-18 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
The same way it was definite goalie interference when we scored against the oilers in the playoffs?
Nah, I argued those cases extensively. This is a lot more clear-cut.

I see it as Raanta had enough time to get into position to make a save.
He clearly didn't. It was - what, 1.8 seconds? He scrambled over and got somewhat close to what his position would have been, but he was obviously impacted in his ability to make the save.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Man schenn is such a beast... wish we woulda went for him, he kinda fits the teams style too

Granted 2 1sts is prob steep for us, lehtera isnt much tho.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I still think that the Oilers will turn it around. But yes, they flaws have been started to be exposed.
LA seems to slide after the surprising start also. I didn`t believe they were that good

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Whats wrong with Carey Price ? If he doesn't turn it around next year thats one scary contract.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Edmonton :laugh:. I'm loving it.

EDIT: Also if they keep this up for another couple of weeks they are almost out of the playoffs, granted it's 'only' 7 points back with 61 games to go that's a big gap with a lot of decent teams between them and that wildcard. If it continues for another couple of weeks they are probably 11-14 points out and they can stick a fork in their season.

Reactions: Boogernaut
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
The Oilers do look pretty bad, but that Blues team is no joke

Yeah, they're a tough challenge for our healthy roster. Now...

He clearly didn't. It was - what, 1.8 seconds? He scrambled over and got somewhat close to what his position would have been, but he was obviously impacted in his ability to make the save.

Kinda feel like I'm taking crazy pills. It seems that, because he JUST managed to scramble into the general vicinity of where he'd have been otherwise, some folks are calling that time enough to recover. On top of which, the feed plays it in slow motion. He clearly was affected by the play, it's really not arguable.

Edmonton :laugh:. I'm loving it.

EDIT: Also if they keep this up for another couple of weeks they are almost out of the playoffs, granted it's 'only' 7 points back with 61 games to go that's a big gap with a lot of decent teams between them and that wildcard. If it continues for another couple of weeks they are probably 11-14 points out and they can stick a fork in their season.

Fingers crossed. Mr. Bugg is out there somewhere, wishing for a Merry Christmas.

Reactions: Vipers31

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Cam Talbot and his out of his mind play last year covered for a lot of the Oilers deficiencies last year. They were not really that good defensively. He made them appear that way. He’s not having the same otherworldly impact on the game this year.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Cam Talbot and his out of his mind play last year covered for a lot of the Oilers deficiencies last year. They were not really that good defensively. He made them appear that way. He’s not having the same otherworldly impact on the game this year.
With Talbot starting 73 games in the regular season last year & then the playoff games i bet its taken a toll on him mentally & physically. Talbot's 73 regular seasons starts is like if the Angels had Garret Richards thow 325 innings, his arm would fall off the next season. Their GM failed to acquire a quality backup goalie, something Murray would never let happen in Anaheim.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
With Talbot starting 73 games in the regular season last year & then the playoff games i bet its taken a toll on him mentally & physically. Talbot's 73 regular seasons starts is like if the Angels had Garret Richards thow 325 innings, his arm would fall off the next season. Their GM failed to acquire a quality backup goalie, something Murray would never let happen in Anaheim.
Garrett Richards' arm falls off after 40 innings anyway

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Garrett Richards' arm falls off after 40 innings anyway
True & the Angels pitchers arms fall from even less than that. Its almost comical how badly the Angels recover from injurys vs the Ducks. If an Angel had the same injury as Fowler, they'd return in 14 weeks instead of 4 to 8 weeks but after returning they probably get re-injured from running to 1st base too fast.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Plus Sekera is out. Everybody raves about Klefbom and Larsson but IMO Sekera is the most solid of the three. I can’t decide who is more overrated between Klefbom and Larsson.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
This Boeser kid looks like he could carry the Canucks to the playoffs, what a player

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Kris Russell just scored the game winning goal against his own team after scoring the game tying goal. LOL, so happy to see something like that happen to the Oilers.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I read somewhere that apparently Talbot has started 108 of 120 games for the Oilers or something. I haven`t checked but sounds about right.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I read somewhere that apparently Talbot has started 108 of 120 games for the Oilers or something. I haven`t checked but sounds about right.

This number seemed so absurd that I actually had to check his player profile. 73 + 13 + 22 does add up to 108, so that number seems plausible.

It's absolutely ridiculous though, there's no reason why Talbot should play that much. No wonder his numbers have been "bad", the guy desperately needs to get a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad