Around the League '16-'17 Other Teams' Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Vintage Torts:

please do my job for me wahhhh...

what are you gonna hear that's fukin different this time? "coach why didn't you win tonight?""well we just didn't get enough pucks deep and put enough bodies on guys. we really need to bear down and make a team effort next time" rinse, repeat, next article

like these guys are gonna come across some groundbreaking quote that's gonna win them a pulitzer in the fukin conference room after a game.. your article's already written anyway, you're just plugging in quotes at that point

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
This is such a depressing read.
Searching for Matt Johnson
His family relationships in tatters, a group of friends and former teammates that includes former Kings players Jamie Storr and Rob Blake, Matt's former agent Ron Salcer, and his former financial advisor Scott Bye, have tried to help Matt in recent months.

It's only through Bye that the Johnsons have learned their son, who made more than $6 million (U.S.) playing in the NHL, is now homeless, living on the streets of Santa Monica, Calif.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
A Minnesota friend told me Forbort and Welinski were high school teammates in Duluth.

Found a high school image of a young Derek Forbort.
929b3f55-cc25-46b3-bd78-457ec6d60bf7_1000.jpg

What a spry, young lad he was.

Reactions: KingTrouty and Sol

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Jim Rutherford not happy with his team's performance and is considering a 'major shakeup'

Jim Rutherford is close to considering a ‘major trade’ to shake up Penguins

We’re coming in to a critical period where we’ll make a decision whether we need to shake things up or not,” Rutherford told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Wednesday while watching his team practice at T-Mobile Arena.
Asked whether he would do something big to create a ripple effect and get his team’s attention, Rutherford simply replied, “Yes.”

He says he still wants more center depth...
Not sure who is 'major' when he is looking for scoring, Maata? But that's not really 'major'.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Jim Rutherford not happy with his team's performance and is considering a 'major shakeup'

Jim Rutherford is close to considering a ‘major trade’ to shake up Penguins

We’re coming in to a critical period where we’ll make a decision whether we need to shake things up or not,” Rutherford told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette on Wednesday while watching his team practice at T-Mobile Arena.
Asked whether he would do something big to create a ripple effect and get his team’s attention, Rutherford simply replied, “Yes.”

He says he still wants more center depth...
Not sure who is 'major' when he is looking for scoring, Maata? But that's not really 'major'.

The guy is always injury, not sure how much he's worth on the market.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Jim Rutherford makes 2 minor trades , but one (I think) is leading up to a bigger on

Rutherford's Two Trades Improve Depth

1) Pittsburgh acquired goaltender Michael Leighton and a 2019 4th-round pick from Arizona in exchange for forward Josh Archibald, goalie Sean Maguire and a 2019 6th-round pick.

2) Pittsburgh acquired defenseman Jamie Oleksiak from Dallas in exchange for a conditional 2019 4th-round pick.

That's the one I think is leading up to the bigger move he's been talking about. Oleksiak is a 6'7 255 lb defenseman. And It could be that he's moving out a D as part of the package to get that forward he wants. As the article points out, the Pens lack a big d that can move bodies from the crease and net area, they have mostly puck movers. I think one of those puck movers will be used in a package. I've heard both Ian Cole and Ollie Maata.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
oleksiak only pulled a 4th?

kidding me? you only got a 4th from a team that gave up a 1st for ryan reaves??

Reactions: Legionnaire

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I didn't think it was gonna last. Not any of us did. But since they are still good at this point of the season, their confidence is just getting bigger.

Should be interesting what happens at the trade deadline. Do they try and set themselves up for the future and trade the guys who are helping them win, or stand pat?

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Should be interesting what happens at the trade deadline. Do they try and set themselves up for the future and trade the guys who are helping them win, or stand pat?

That is a lot for McPhee for think on, start of they year, I figured Neal and Fluery would be trade day bait. But now I don't think so. This is a good team with an outstanding coach, a team that has maintained it's composure and stayed at the top of the pack, despite losing it's top 3 goalies for an extended period (which really impressed me, to play as well as they did, keep their head above water with a 4th string goalie, props to Gallant)
They already have a strong fan base for home games, you have to think that given they appear to be a playoff team, they'll keep their assets as least until draft day.
And who knows, Fleury decide to sign with them.

Side note- they played a helluva game last night against the best team in the NHL, and came from 2 goals down, got the GWG with 2 seconds left on the clock.
They are a fun team to watch.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Vegas proving hockey is a team sport.
No real star players, 4 goalies, team location laughed at.
Hope the KINgs beat them in the playoffs

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Vegas proving hockey is a team sport.
No real star players, 4 goalies, team location laughed at.
Hope the KINgs beat them in the playoffs

Everyone in the west , as well as the rest of the league was looking at them as a doormat team. Today. 29 teams are looking up at them in the standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad