Around the League '16-'17 Other Teams' Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
They really need a second edition one though

Yeah nothing will ever top this one for me...

VNjBFUR.gif

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Omg I'm just hearing about the Sens asking Karlsson about 10 teams he won't go to.

I need to venture onto the Sens boards

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Don’t look now, but Kopitar is third in the league in scoring. He’s 6th in goals scored at 16, one less than a three way tie for third.

Kopitar, Brown, and Doughty are all in the top 50 players in the league in points scored.

What’s up with Martinez this year? Only seven points so far.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Bergeron is the most overrated player on these boards. I have no idea what people see in him. Is it that rare in the east coast to have a two way center?

Anyone who says Bergeron is better than Kopitar has their head up their ass.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I find it amazing that Doughty brought up Karlsson in regards to contracts and his response in connection to how the Sens are playing is crazy ..

There's NO way the Sens are gonna be able to afford him.. He wants what he deserves.. He's not gonna take a discount either.

The Sens asked him to submit 10 teams as well...

Gonna be interesting

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Omg I'm just hearing about the Sens asking Karlsson about 10 teams he won't go to.

I need to venture onto the Sens boards

Not just him, per Friedman, 10 players:

NHL Rumors: San Jose Sharks, Florida Panthers, Ottawa Senators

On the Ottawa Senators …

Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Citizen
: There was a Hockey Night in Canada report (Friedman and Kypreos) on Saturday that the Senators asked their ten players, including Erik Karlsson, for lists of teams they would/wouldn’t accept a trade too.
Senators players that have some form of a no-trade clause: Bobby Ryan, Nate Thompson, Mike Hoffman, Derick Brassard, Alex Burrows, Zack Smith, Dion Phaneuf and Johnny Oduya.

Mike Hoffman will be a nice pickup for somebody, always like his game and has pretty good number

94 goals (16 GWG) , 101 helpers (195 pts ) in 288 games . +21

[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Was going to post it was everyone,but see it's already there.
That means it's not that big of a deal asking. They did it for everyone. And I seem to remember hearing on the actual broadcast that it's not the first time they've done this in the past few years.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Hoffman would be a nice get for the Kings. Kopitar could use a legit LW and Hoffman is also dangerous in shorthanded situations as well. He's a multidimensional forward who can be used in any situation. However, he comes with a hefty cap hit at over $5M and would likely cost something significant to acquire.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah Hoffman definitely wouldn't come cheap. But he's a one-man wrecking crew at times, especially on the rush with that speed. I wouldn't even necessarily put him with Kopitar if we had him, could probably put him on the 3rd line for full damage and move Gaborik or Iafallo up.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Do the Phaneuf rumors go away now that Dean is no longer GM? If Ott retained 50% of his cap hit, I’d send Forbort the other way in a heartbeat.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Carolina would score so much more if they went to the front. They have the good cycle down, but they don't get a lot of traffic compared to other teams. Same thing that plagued the Kings for the last couple years.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Hoffman would be a nice get for the Kings. Kopitar could use a legit LW and Hoffman is also dangerous in shorthanded situations as well. He's a multidimensional forward who can be used in any situation. However, he comes with a hefty cap hit at over $5M and would likely cost something significant to acquire.

You would have to imagine the ask would include a 1st and top prospect like Clague.

The Hoff has seemed a bit off this year but that entire team has been struggling. Could be the style of play Boucher is implementing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad