Around the League '16-'17 Other Teams' Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
It will be hilarious if Montreal trades the #3 pick for Ryan O'Reilly.

Nothing against O'Reilly but he is not what Montreal needs at this point, if they were contenders who had a flukey bad year then thats a different story, but they really need to blow it up.
If they have another deal to land a top 10 pick it would make sense to me. I heard a couple of reports that whomever Montreal wants in the draft would likely be available later than 3.

It never happens but I could see both Montreal and Edmonton dealing top 10 picks.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
If they have another deal to land a top 10 pick it would make sense to me. I heard a couple of reports that whomever Montreal wants in the draft would likely be available later than 3.

It never happens but I could see both Montreal and Edmonton dealing top 10 picks.

Oilers (per earlier today) open for business, looking for a top d.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Pierre LeBrun said that Carolina's extension talks with Elias Lindholm have not gone well and that a trade could eventually happen. With Carolina's desire to get "tougher", I thought a Lindholm for Boone Jenner trade could work for both sides. Jenner would add some sandpaper to their wings and Lindholm's spot could be opened up for 2016 1st rounder Martin Necas. Columbus rented Mark Letestu at the deadline to give them a RH center and Lindholm could fill that spot. Trading Jenner would open up a spot for 2014 1st rounder Sonny Milano.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Same crap different year.

Have a feeling the draft is gonna be relatively uneventful for trades.

Tavares and Kovy holding up the big moves.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Kovalchuk wants a deal comparable to Marleau, but higher AAV. So you’re looking at $7 million x 3 years minimum.

I don’t see any universe in which the Kings can swing something like that, or should.

We are going to end up dumpster diving on 7/1 for someone like Vanek. We’ve seen this movie before, gents.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Kovalchuk wants a deal comparable to Marleau, but higher AAV. So you’re looking at $7 million x 3 years minimum.

I don’t see any universe in which the Kings can swing something like that, or should.

We are going to end up dumpster diving on 7/1 for someone like Vanek. We’ve seen this movie before, gents.

Vanek may be setting the bar a little high. We got a diminutive re tread last summer who was just bought out. Cammy was in a dumpster underneath another dumpster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad