Around the League '16-'17 Other Teams' Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Man the Lightning are scoring goals and their defense is doing well.
130 goals for so far and 87 against. Difference of 43.
Kings have the next best For/against difference of 26
No other team has 20 difference (positive)

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The question as always with the Lightning, can Steven Stamkos stay healthy through an entire season and the playoffs?

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Having witnessed him playing for various opposing teams for years, I’ve affectionately known him as Brian Smelliot.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Probably no thread given his late-game collapse.

Could always count on him for a mental softness meltdown. Come back to the west, Elliott!

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Mat Barzal scored a hat trick, and now he has 35 points in 36 games.

I recall many of us here clamoring for him to be selected with the Kings' pick in 2015. But I guess having Lucic for one season was a better option in the long run.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I recall many of us here clamoring for him to be selected with the Kings' pick in 2015. But I guess having Lucic for one season was a better option in the long run.

Beat me to it.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

I actually recall most people wanting Connor instead.

Still ain't even mad at the Lucic trade though, saw a window to go for it.

Edit: That being said, look at all the teams that actually had picks passing on him...crazy. I DO know we talked about him ad nauseum!

Last edited:
Reactions: KingTrouty

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Speaking of the Isles... De Haan is out for the year. The Isles were looking for a top 4 D even before De Haan's injury. Now they need two. they may just fall out of the playoffs. The metro is nuts. And what that means for Tavares...

I think the market price for a top 4 D just went up. And that sucks for us since a few here were looking for an upgrade on our D.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I think i'm salty about Vegas because no expansion franchise should be able to step right in and make the playoffs in a 31 team league.

The reality is this probably a 1 year thing, they will likely lose Neal and/or Marchessault in the summer and that will hurt.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I think i'm salty about Vegas because no expansion franchise should be able to step right in and make the playoffs in a 31 team league.

The reality is this probably a 1 year thing, they will likely lose Neal and/or Marchessault in the summer and that will hurt.

They're more than just making the playoffs right now, but nobody had them this good. If after the draft, even 50% of fans were saying they might finish as a top 5 team, then ok, maybe the salty feeling is justified. Nobody was saying that though. At best, they weren't going to be the worst team in the league, and they screwed up their picks in the draft. It was McPhee going Forsberg for Erat again.

If you want a bad expansion team that much, just consider the Coyotes that team. They have the worst points% since the 05-06 season right now. I'd rather see what Vegas is doing, than another bad team in the Pacific. I'd rather Arizona not be this horrible. They have 3 regulation wins in 38 games. The only problem I have with Vegas is they torched the Kings.

Of the 40 worst records since 05-06, the teams that make up the current Pacific division have 14 of them. Next is the Atlantic with 10, then the Metro and Central are tied at 8.

Edmonton, 6
Arizona, 4
LA, 2
Vancouver, 1
Calgary, 1

TB, 3
Buffalo, 3
Toronto, 2
Florida, 2

Colorado, 4
Chicago, 2
Nashville, 1
St.Louis, 1

Washington, 2
Pittsburgh, 1
Philly, 1
NJ, 1
Carolina, 1
Columbus, 1
NYI, 1

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Maybe it's exaggerated for me because I live here, and now their all of these fans who have no idea what they are watching (not saying all of them, but a decent percentage, like the Kings 2012-14 minus the hardcore fanbase, because you can't really have that base in year one).

Just seems like you should have to eat some shit before having meaningful success. Yes, I know the design of this expansion was to create a better team from the jump.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Previously, the fastest an expansion team made the playoffs was the Diamondbacks and NFL Panthers in their second year.

Props to the knights. What they are doing is nuts.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Previously, the fastest an expansion team made the playoffs was the Diamondbacks and NFL Panthers in their second year.

Props to the knights. What they are doing is nuts.

The Blues actually went to the finals their first 3 seasons. Wasn't that because of a rule, though?

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Anybody else think Clifford might be done? He was out about 5 weeks with a concussion, comes back and plays for 3-4 weeks and there's (what appears to be) another concussion. When they start happening in close proximity to each other it's never a good sign. If we don't see him again this season, I wouldn't at all be surprised.

USE Fi

Sep 20, 2007
Home
After the injury Clifford had been spotted in a sling outside the team’s dressing room so it was his elbow that got injured not concussion. Stevens said he could play today.
“Cliffy, I wouldn’t say he’s 100%, but he’s available,” John Stevens said on Thursday.

They put him on IR to get one roster spot, he's not going to be on IR after christmas break.

Reactions: Basilisk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad