Around the League '16-'17 Other Teams' Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Tkachuk is a *****.

Yes he is and it apparently is working. He's 3rd in the NHL in drawing penalties. He's the player you hate and bitch about except if he's on your team. He should have gotten a suspension for the crap in Detroit last week and the spear last night and he also ran Anderson on purpose.

As has been stated, somebody needs to teach him a lesson. And he's got skill, he doesn't have to be a bleepin' dirty agitator. And he's skating on thin ice, he's going to go too far and it might cost him more than a suspension.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
That Thornton bobblehead is magnificent :laugh:

One game for Tkachuk? May as well write him a commendation letter. **** off.
it's incredible. marchand got 2 for that spear on dotchin last year, and that had so much less intent than tkachuk's, not to mention it happened on the ice during play rather than FROM THE f***IN BENCH..........

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I just go back to what people are saying to defend him....it's good ol tough 80s hockey. But the leave out the difference, which is that someone would have yanked him off the bench and beat the piss out of him and the Flames would have let them.

Reactions: KingTrouty

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
They have a Pavelski bobblehead where he's dressed as Captain America too. Pretty cool.

The Barracuda have had some cool ones as well. They had a Vlasic bobblehead with his dogs a couple weeks ago and they're giving up a Pavelski/Braun fighter pilot bobblehead on fight pilot night.

Also **** Tkachuk

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Tkachuk is awesome. Keith is my favorite player ever so I like Matthew.

He's a symptom of the league p***yfication, not the cause. He'd play the same way in a tougher era, just like his dad. He doesn't have to answer for his shit though because the league has made it like that.

That being said, I want someone on the Kings to plant him.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

He's a symptom of the league *****fication, not the cause. He'd play the same way in a tougher era, just like his dad. He doesn't have to answer for his **** though because the league has made it like that.

I agree, i'd love the kid on our team... with that said, if he did that to Kopi... i'd expect MacD to concuss his a$$ regardless of size.. its a principal thing, if teams are mad at what he does then do something about it!!! end of story...

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Elliotte Friedman‏Verified account @FriedgeHNIC 50m50 minutes
SEA: looking at 2020-21. Have asked to file application to expand. League has agreed and will allow a season-ticket drive. But Bettman says this is not guarantee of a team

As expected Seattle in the NHL, EF said the price tag is 650M. They seem more Pacific then Central, I wonder if one of the Central teams moves. Given how close their are to Vancouver, would make a good division rivalry.

And the league needs to move one of the bleeding Eastern teams to Quebec, not right that FLA has 2 teams, and there are 2 desert teams and Quebec is without a team.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

He's a symptom of the league *****fication, not the cause. He'd play the same way in a tougher era, just like his dad. He doesn't have to answer for his **** though because the league has made it like that.

No, he wouldn't, because he'd have his spots picked for him instead of trying to jump Muzzin and spear people behind refs and over a barrier.

I liked Keith. Keith was a dick, but he'd back it up too. Matthew hasn't done shit but hit and run and has had more "out of bounds" fouls in one year than anyone else has in a career.

Keith fought Warren Rychel 2x in his sophomore year and had 7 fights total. Darren McCarty. Chris Chelios. Shane Churla. 4-5 fights a year against prominent players. Matthew so far has three total--one vs. McNabb after he couldn't go with Muzzin and wouldn't go with anyone else. Alex f***ing Wennberg. And Cramarossa. And ZERO fights so far in his sophomore year when doing more dumb shit and being practically encouraged to do so.

This guy isn't some romanticized 80s power forward/tough guy, he's a great f***ing player who is a total coward and a hack.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015

He's a smart player. He avoids fighting or messing with the guys who would fight back or really hurt him. He's mostly doing lame pest things like Perry does. I wouldn't be surprised to see MacDermid challenge him next time they meet and Tkachuk will absolutely not fight him. But if Andreoff challenges him he'll definitely go. He knows the stuff he's doing will get him 1-2 game suspensions at most but if someone retaliates and does something really dirty back to him then they'll get a loooong suspension.

Last edited:

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
No, he wouldn't, because he'd have his spots picked for him instead of trying to jump Muzzin and spear people behind refs and over a barrier.

I liked Keith. Keith was a dick, but he'd back it up too. Matthew hasn't done **** but hit and run and has had more "out of bounds" fouls in one year than anyone else has in a career.

Keith fought Warren Rychel 2x in his sophomore year and had 7 fights total. Darren McCarty. Chris Chelios. Shane Churla. 4-5 fights a year against prominent players. Matthew so far has three total--one vs. McNabb after he couldn't go with Muzzin and wouldn't go with anyone else. Alex ****ing Wennberg. And Cramarossa. And ZERO fights so far in his sophomore year when doing more dumb **** and being practically encouraged to do so.

This guy isn't some romanticized 80s power forward/tough guy, he's a great ****ing player who is a total coward and a hack.

The thing is, he was just suspended for doing dumbass stick crap 3 weeks ago , yet DOP gave him just one game again. You want to send a message to him, give him 3 or 4 .

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Canes up 3-0 on the sharks. Go J Dub!

And its gone. Sharks end up winning 5-4 in Overtime. Sharks were down 4-1 at some point and pulled it to 4-2 and I knew if the sharks made it 4-3 that they would end up winning. Canes just kind of switched off in the 3rd period.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Watching Hall get slash on the foot on a breakaway and going down with no no penalty shot, then thinking of the phantom Kopitar slash on Mathews has me just shaking my head again.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
metro is insane. Start of play today, top 5 teams were within one point of each other. Now it's two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad