Proposal: Anaheim - Toronto

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
You think a late first round pick in a weak draft gets you Rakell?
Not only a weak draft but also one that is not properly scouted, last years had better scouting until covid19 shut down every league.
It is like the 31st overall pick this year is like a late 2nd rounder in 2022.
Next years stacked draft class will be playing a full season in the juniors due to everyone being vaccinated in US/CA

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
You think a late first round pick in a weak draft gets you Rakell?
I mean trading rakell for a 1st + something else pretty good (roughly Kerfoot maybe Liljegren value) would just be the ducks admitting they aren't likely to resign him so they're going to settle for some good but not great pieces while simultaneously lowering their own record and increasing the likelihood of a good pick. There's more to trades these days than straight up value. The timelines need to work out age wise and you need to make the most out of your assets. For the record, I do not think a 1st + kerfoot is enough for Rakell but it is a legit offer.

Reactions: KickHisAssZegrass

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I mean trading rakell for a 1st + something else pretty good (roughly Kerfoot maybe Liljegren value) would just be the ducks admitting they aren't likely to resign him so they're going to settle for some good but not great pieces while simultaneously lowering their own record and increasing the likelihood of a good pick. There's more to trades these days than straight up value. The timelines need to work out age wise and you need to make the most out of your assets. For the record, I do not think a 1st + kerfoot is enough for Rakell but it is a legit offer.
no it’s not. Anyone thinking it is is absolutely incorrect. It’s not even worth discussing the merits of it because it’s awful for Anaheim and fantastic for the Leafs.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
no it’s not. Anyone thinking it is is absolutely incorrect. It’s not even worth discussing the merits of it because it’s awful for Anaheim and fantastic for the Leafs.
The ducks aren't doing anything but rebuilding. If they get more for Rakell then amazing for them but in terms of what is smart for the Leafs to offer then kerf + a 1st and no other major adds is about what the Leafs can do. Not saying its fair but its what the situation is.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
The ducks aren't doing anything but rebuilding. If they get more for Rakell then amazing for them but in terms of what is smart for the Leafs to offer then kerf + a 1st and no other major adds is about what the Leafs can do. Not saying its fair but its what the situation is.
So because we’re rebuilding the only useful asset we get back for Rakell is a late 1st that wont be nhl ready for 3-5 years? And a useless roster player that doesn’t help a rebuilding team at all? Come on lol. There’s no upside to this deal for us and you know it. And you said the offer is legit lol. Only legit for the Leafs. Other teams dont solely exist to help the Leafs you know.

Reactions: Rec T

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Kinda a dumb take tbh

Reactions: Rec T

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

That does nothing for Anaheim though. Kerfoot blocks a young guy who probably has higher potential and he's not a core piece going forward, and the first is likely going to be one of the last 4 picks in the first round of a weak/crapshoot (more than every other year) draft. It would be better for the Ducks to hold on to him and trade him next year for a 2022 1st with no add rather than a 1st this year and (what is to the Ducks) a cap dump.

And Kerfoot is signed for 2 years after this year, no way Ducks want that contract. That's the summer Perry and Kesler contracts end and they can try for a big name free agent on top of the two more top 10 picks they should have in the next two drafts.

Reactions: MCB

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Toronto Maple Leafs
Rickard Rakell (50% retained)
John Gibson

Anaheim Ducks
Frederik Andersen
Alex Kerfoot
Rodion Amirov
Timothy Liljegren
Leafs first round pick of 2021

lets fix this insulting debacle of an offer.
Kerfoot out - Nylander in
Liljegren out- Sandin in.
First round 2021 out - 2022 1st in.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
That doesn't fix anything nor should anyone be insulted by a message board offer. They are are all complete nonsense. It will s just fun.

Reactions: Lt Dan

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Makes one wish HF had a 'point and laugh' button in addition to the 'like'...
I just post this

maxresdefault.jpg

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
That doesn't fix anything nor should anyone be insulted by a message board offer. They are are all complete nonsense. It will s just fun.
It fixes it to a deal that makes sense for the Ducks.

you in? Now a deal Toronto makes?

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
NO ONE WANTS KERFOOT. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANOTHER TEAM MAKE A PROPOSAL FOR HIM. NO.
i think you should give your head a shake buddy, have you seen kerfoot play i like the player hes fast kills penalties, hes a solid player just not in ducks fans view, his only problem is his numbers but then again he does other things and he plays third line no power play, so whatever duck fans you keep rackell leafs keep kerfoot and move on.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
lol, awful. Nylander is worth more than Rakell so its basically Sandin Amirov and a 1st for Gibson, which is an overpay.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
i think you should give your head a shake buddy, have you seen kerfoot play i like the player hes fast kills penalties, hes a solid player just not in ducks fans view, his only problem is his numbers but then again he does other things and he plays third line no power play, so whatever duck fans you keep rackell leafs keep kerfoot and move on.
Ducks Fans don't have anything against Kerfoot, we just don't need players like him as we already have similar players like Heinen, or Grant or he'd take a roster spot from guys like Jones, Lundestrom or Steel who need NHL minutes to grow. If you need to dump salary, trade him to another team for something but the hes not adding value to the Ducks in a trade. If anything we'd be making things easier for Dubas because he then doesn't have to work out another trade which takes time and in this market is likely hard to do. Nylander may be worth more than Rakell(arguably Rakells lower Cap in this market evens it out quite a bit) so what is Nylander worth in a trade? If you were trading for Nylander what would you give up for him? That is where you should start in a Rakell trade. Sure Rakell wont get as much because hes older and signed for less time but his production and cap him make him very valuable.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He’s kinda an anchor when he is in the top 6.... I watch and read enough leafs games/forums to know this. It’s also not a piece we’d want, and the only reason kerfoot is involved in deals is to make cap work.... the cap issues arnt Anaheim’s problem.

it’s not that he’s not an okay players he’s a middle 6 guy that prob best suited on a 3rd line.... problem is Anaheim basically has 3 3rd lines at this point and no 1st or 2nd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad