Freddy Andersen
Nick Robertson
Rasmus Sandin
1st 2021

for
John Gibson
Troy Terry
Rakell 50% retained
Common dude give your head a shake if dubass did tha i would shoot him myself, way way over payment a no from this leaf fan big no.....

Reactions: Tmart335

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
That’s brutal. Amirov and the first gets you Rakell. The other pieces are worthless to us.
oh and your not getting that much for an average forward thats for sure i like the player but he is not a difference maker so big no to this, Amirov is going to be better than rakell, so why make this move, for gibson i would do that and through in freddy and kerfoot for the money to work..

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
so we're admitting that Andersen has no real value to the Ducks and is being sent to dump cap only?
dude its not that he has no value its a matter of cap dollars leafs have 0 cap space and in order to bring a 5 mill player there has to be money going out, if its a goalie coming its freddy going out if its a forward coming kerfoots 3.5 has to go back, its the simple math and not because they have no value, those are the only ones that have to move to bring reinforcememts and cap situation and if not leafs can't make any moves period, and its not all that is going out there is prospects involved and draft picks as well, its the nature of doing trades in the league, and because you or i don't like a certain player it doesn't mean those hockey people see the same as we do, that is why sometimes there is a trade and everyone says i didn't see that one coming at all but it happens, that is why they get paid big bucks to manage, and all we do is abserve and speculate..

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
It's amazing how many proposals are being thrown out there for Rakell to TO, but then once a Duck fan proposes the cost, TO fans say how trash he is or how he isn't worth much.
Insert Manson for Rakell a couple years ago same thing

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
dude its not that he has no value its a matter of cap dollars leafs have 0 cap space and in order to bring a 5 mill player there has to be money going out, if its a goalie coming its freddy going out if its a forward coming kerfoots 3.5 has to go back, its the simple math and not because they have no value, those are the only ones that have to move to bring reinforcememts and cap situation and if not leafs can't make any moves period, and its not all that is going out there is prospects involved and draft picks as well, its the nature of doing trades in the league, and because you or i don't like a certain player it doesn't mean those hockey people see the same as we do, that is why sometimes there is a trade and everyone says i didn't see that one coming at all but it happens, that is why they get paid big bucks to manage, and all we do is abserve and speculate..

Here's the thing. A player can have intrinsic value but it's relative based on whether the team has an actual need for said player. A person with an ice cold beer in hand and no bottle opener is going to pay a premium for one and it's going to hold little to no value to the person who drinks only cans or already has one. Neither situation is a reflection of "the true value of bottle openers" per se - it's just market capitalism. If a player is included in a trade because you need to drop salary and not because the receiving team has an actual want or need for said player it's typical to include a 'sweetener' to convince them to take those players rather than looking for another team that does have assets they have a use for.

ANA chose Gibson over Freddie several years ago when his level of play was higher and his salary lower. There is little reason to think they want him back now- especially unsigned at 32 and looking for a retirement contract . Kerfoot is overpaid for what he brings in a flat cap environment, and nothing Anaheim doesn't have several of already. Including them is to benefit TOR not ANA

patriotfan

Jun 8, 2014
Just close this sh*t down already why do we need 3 threads of the same garbage everyday. Leaf fans throw tantrums when you don’t want to eat their sh*t
don't like get out and stop posting stupid shit ok, this is after all a rumour site of baffooonnnnnnnnn

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
no chance I’d trade those 2 for Rakell
Neither would I. If a team has a strong need to add some offense then it's a different story but that's not the case with Toronto.
I would have no problem moving those pieces to fill a need though.

RD616

May 4, 2010
What about..

Nylander
Andersen

for

Rakell @ 50%
Gibson
Anaheim 2021 2nd Rd Pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad