Proposal: Anaheim - Toronto

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Well, the Ducks wanted Bennett and a 2nd for Rakell apparently and the Flames said no. Not exactly much of a package if it's legitimate.

Keep in mind that the expansion draft and 14 day quarantines are going to be hinderances.

Calgary Flames Reject Anaheim Ducks Trade Offer - NHL Rumors - NHLTradeRumors.Me

That is definitely not any sort of reliable source. Even then you are not reading the entire quote... "The Flames were believed to have offered Sam Bennett in return for Rakell, however the Ducks were looking for at least a 2nd-round draft pick in a package with Bennett."

Looking for at least a 2nd round draft pick in a package with Bennett does not = Ducks wanted Bennett + 2nd for Rakell.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Amirov + conditional 2nd for Rakell at 50%

condition.... 2nd becomes a 1st in 2022 if Rakell hits 30 goals or 60 points.
Problem solved

or
Rakell at 50%
For
Amirov
2nd 2021
3rd 2022(conditional 2nd if he hits 60 points)

Something like this is close
I could be biased but Amirov isn't exactly a late 1st he was drafted 15th last year so out of the late first range, I think that should add some value, esp since he continued strong in the khl this year.

Amirov + conditional 3rd(25 goals or 55 points for a 2nd) for Rakell at 50%

Reduce the 2nd pick a round to a 3rd UNLESS there's a bidding war. Then I think Dubas goes up to a 2nd with condition.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Something like this is close
I could be biased but Amirov isn't exactly a late 1st he was drafted 15th last year so out of the late first range, I think that should add some value, esp since he continued strong in the khl this year.

Amirov + conditional 3rd(25 goals or 55 points for a 2nd) for Rakell at 50%

Reduce the 2nd pick a round to a 3rd UNLESS there's a bidding war. Then I think Dubas goes up to a 2nd with condition.
Amirov and a 2nd is fair for Rakell. Now what do you pay for 50% retention?

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
i think you should give your head a shake buddy, have you seen kerfoot play i like the player hes fast kills penalties, hes a solid player just not in ducks fans view, his only problem is his numbers but then again he does other things and he plays third line no power play, so whatever duck fans you keep rackell leafs keep kerfoot and move on.

You're overlooking his biggest "problem numbers" - the $3.5M AAV for 2021-22 AND 2022-23. That is a really bad contract for a third line player in the COVID cap era. It drastically reduces his value and it is one of the reasons the ducks have no reason to want him. It is also the reason that the cap constrained Leafs fans are wanting to move Kerfoot in just about every trade thread.

Glad you're happy keeping him because he doesn't bring much value in a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00