Rasmus Sandin
1st 2021

for
John Gibson
Troy Terry
Rakell 50% retained

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
It's amazing how many proposals are being thrown out there for Rakell to TO, but then once a Duck fan proposes the cost, TO fans say how trash he is or how he isn't worth much.
I don't think anyone thinks he is trash, but people will say he isn't worth what some fans want.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
I don't think anyone thinks he is trash, but people will say he isn't worth what some fans want.

You should read the other threads with him being proposed to TO. Some are even saying he isn't worth a first, let alone anything on top of it. There have been comments as to him not being very good. In fact, one fan called him a dime a dozen player.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
You should read the other threads with him being proposed to TO. Some are even saying he isn't worth a first, let alone anything on top of it. There have been comments as to him not being very good. In fact, one fan called him a dime a dozen player.
Sure, there are individuals who have crazy ideas. i admit that. Lately the Leafs have been in a slump and haven't been getting the goaltending we expect, so many fans want your goalie.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Sure, there are individuals who have crazy ideas. i admit that. Lately the Leafs have been in a slump and haven't been getting the goaltending we expect, so many fans want your goalie.

I love Gibson, one of my favorite players...unfortunately, his stats suck right now and therefore discussing him in a trade is futile. While us Duck fans consider him elite, other fans like to point to his terrible stats and devalue him considerably. Even more so than the Rakell devaluing.

Both Gibson and Rakell are well liked in Anaheim and you won't find many Duck fans agreeing on their values being low.

There are several recent trades of players in Rakell's value range, yet opposing fans like to say he isn't worth as much as the others, despite having better stats over the years.

I just find it funny that they're being asked for, but then are talked down on their ability.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nitro Dubs

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
Counter-
Nylander
Freddy Andersen
Nick Robertson
Rasmus Sandin
1st 2021

for
John Gibson
Troy Terry
Rakell 50% retained

The OP is bad, but this is even worse the opposite way, I wouldnt move Nylander for Gibson 1 for 1. (Gibson being the better player, but no goalie has that kind of value)

Id cut out Rakell and Terry and try something like Freddy, Engvall, Sandin, Amirov for Gibson

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
would love to get Gibson and Rakell at 50%. and would have no problem moving nylander+(+) to do it. i take a great goalie over a great winger every day of the week.

andersen would have to be in the deal to save on cap space.

Reactions: Getz2noone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad