Alzner: Petry's most reliable partner ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I think Alzner has been fine but he has not been the spark I wanted him to be for Petry (not yet anyways). I think we made a mistake by protecting Benn over Beaulieu. That move was not one I supported. If we kept Beaulieu, we had more leverage to negotiate with Alzner because of our LD depth and we probably could of got him for cheaper and less term.

Lol, Alzner as a ''spark.''

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I think Alzner has been fine but he has not been the spark I wanted him to be for Petry (not yet anyways). I think we made a mistake by protecting Benn over Beaulieu. That move was not one I supported. If we kept Beaulieu, we had more leverage to negotiate with Alzner because of our LD depth and we probably could of got him for cheaper and less term.

Alzner is absolutely awful and he was probably the worst or 2nd worst signing of this year's UFA, in the entire NHL.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Then we don't watch the same games. And we don't care about the same stats.

The first is apparent. The Second may true. I care about stats that correlate to winning games and stats that have a causal effect on winning games.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
I think Alzner and Petry will get better as the season goes on, they need to get used to each others' style of play.

The ideal outcome is Alzner's defensive play allows Petry to play up a little more and carry the puck in more often, generating more offence. I think this will happen but it'll take a few more games to work.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I think Alzner and Petry will get better as the season goes on, they need to get used to each others' style of play.

The ideal outcome is Alzner's defensive play allows Petry to play up a little more and carry the puck in more often, generating more offence. I think this will happen but it'll take a few more games to work.

I'm not quite sure how this is going to happen. Petry will carry the puck more often out of necessity, but I'd expect him to play up less with a slow D partner that can't handle the rush all that well.

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
upload_2017-10-13_9-54-47.png

I guess you can call that reliable :laugh:

Reactions: Price is Wright

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
I see some bad things from him but he has been positive too

He has been putting up pts while it’s not his job

Wtv you guys say I prefer him to Emelin

Status