Alzner: Petry's most reliable partner ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Petry needs to be better. If he plays like a top 4 the Habs will be improved.

I can’t remember ever seeing a team have so many players struggle all at once. Just crazy.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Petry needs to be better. If he plays like a top 4 the Habs will be improved.

I can’t remember ever seeing a team have so many players struggle all at once. Just crazy.

This was very predictable. The Habs lack game breakers. MB thought he could build a fortress and sit inside and win games. Well this hasn't worked in 3 years. Alzner signing was a terrible idea, he's best fit for a #6 guy who plays PK. Agile, mobile players is the way of the future as the league tries to get of almost anything physical.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
He is okay for 3-4 role. That what he is payed for. Not much more, not much less. People here just can stop bashing him cause he was signed by MB. Beaulieu and Emelin are worst, even this season. they were 5-6-7 material. That how Alzner replaced

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
This was very predictable. The Habs lack game breakers. MB thought he could build a fortress and sit inside and win games. Well this hasn't worked in 3 years. Alzner signing was a terrible idea, he's best fit for a #6 guy who plays PK. Agile, mobile players is the way of the future as the league tries to get of almost anything physical.

Every other team sees the league evolving into a speed game while the Habs go in the opposite direction. Is Bergevin that dumb? What other answer is there?

Reactions: Runner77

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
No that play was not good. Alzner is a lot better then what people picture him, but blocking a side shot and disturbing the goaler at the same time (I do that some time, and my god I'm not happy if the puck get's in!)... Hope he was not very happy about this one... should have been 8-2... But at 8-3... who care!

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
No that play was not good. Alzner is a lot better then what people picture him, but blocking a side shot and disturbing the goaler at the same time (I do that some time, and my god I'm not happy if the puck get's in!)... Hope he was not very happy about this one... should have been 8-2... But at 8-3... who care!

Your goalie also tells you if you do that. I remember a goalie i was playing with many years ago was slashing me with his stick when i was doing plays like that. He was a weird guy though lol

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
Your goalie also tells you if you do that. I remember a goalie i was playing with many years ago was slashing me with his stick when i was doing plays like that. He was a weird guy though lol

Lol! Very true!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Blocking a side shot? What? He was trying to block a cross crease pass! If he doesn't redirect that pass into his own net Brassard has an open net and he scores anyways...

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
Blocking a side shot? What? He was trying to block a cross crease pass! If he doesn't redirect that pass into his own net Brassard has an open net and he scores anyways...

I really like Alzner. Compare to Emelin or Beaulieu he is better. But that move is hard to defend.

Brassard could have miss the pass, could have miss the shot, Montoya could have stop the shot. If you get down on ice, disturb the goaler and "score in your goal" on a puck that was not going in... you did something wrong!

Reactions: LarryO

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I really like Alzner. Compare to Emelin or Beaulieu he is better. But that move is hard to defend.

Brassard could have miss the pass, could have miss the shot, Montoya could have stop the shot. If you get down on ice, disturb the goaler and "score in your goal" on a puck that was not going in... you did something wrong!

It was bad luck, watch the PK, you'll see defenders do that play all the time. He was probably a bit too deep, but he needs to do that play, I mean he's doing the right play, he's trying to block the cross crease pass....

Reactions: Peanut

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

The problem was not him trying to block the pass. it was the way he tried to block it. His skates touched the goalie. I don't think Montoya could even try to block that deflected pass with Alzner in the way.

Zusammenhalt

Dump & chase-not a fan of
Jan 18, 2007
Depot Division
Alzner's time on ice was the 2nd highest behind Weber in an 8-3 win. The fluky goal not withstanding. I think the coaches realized it was a one off. Stuff happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad