Prospect Info: All Prospect Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Eh, well Finland has the biggest amount of medals from the previous 4 Olympics...you know, when NHL-players have participated.

Kentti

Oct 5, 2012
Teuvo Teräväinen's Jokerit game schedule for November is as follows. First is visiting team, then home team.

SAT NOV 2, 2013 JOKERIT ILVES 10:00 AM CT
TUE NOV 12, 2013 BLUES JOKERIT 10:30 AM CT
THU NOV 14, 2013 SAIPA JOKERIT 10:30 AM CT
SAT NOV 16, 2013 JOKERIT HPK 9:00 AM CT
FRI NOV 22, 2013 JOKERIT LUKKO 10:30 AM CT
SAT NOV 23, 2013 PELICANS JOKERIT 9:00 AM CT
TUE NOV 26, 2013 JOKERIT KALPA 10:30 AM CT
FRI NOV 29, 2013 HIFK JOKERIT 10:30 AM CT
SAT NOV 30, 2013 JOKERIT ÄSSÄT 9:00 AM CT

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Not like anyone expects Finland to do anything but suck in the Olympics anyway.

Great goaltending + a team that almost always plays better than the sum of its parts. I expect the Fins to play a smart, disciplined, team-defense oriented approach. They're not the favorites but don't write them off quite so easily. They have Medals in each of the last two Olympics for a reason.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Mark McNeil with his team leading 6th goal tonight, Ice Hogs just came back from 3-0 down to tie it here early in the 3rd.

Hogs keep rolling!

Edit.. Checkers take the lead 4-3, just after I typed this. Raanta is in net.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Kevin Hayes and Chris Calnan are going to have pretty big years this year. Calnan is a wildcard to make the US WJC team. Kid has size and skill and is finally showing it in college.

BC and Minnesota are simply stacked with talent this year and Hayes and Calnan are a big reason for that in BC.

Tyler Motte is off to the kind of start I figured he would have this season. Him and Compher look amazing together and as true freshmen are going to have big years and careers at Michigan. Motte is going to be another mid round gem that Bowman stole in last years draft. Been touting this kid since prior to his USNDP days at Honeybaked. Look no further than Riley Barber to see what kind of a player Motte will be. Heck of a player.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Lest we forget the CHL prospects:

Ryan Hartman - 20GP, 9G, 19Pts
Dillon Fournier - 16GP, 6G, 13Pts
Travis Brown - 18GP, 6G, 21Pts
Brandon Whitney - 15GP, 3.47GAA, .897Sv%

And off in Europe:

Teuvo Teravainen - 14GP, 3G, 10Pts
Robin Press - 15GP, 1G, 3Pts
Robin Norell - 2GP, 0G, 1Pt
Carl Dahlstrom (J-20) - 9GP, 1G, 7Pts

McNeill scored again tonight for Rockford - a 4-2 loss. That gives McNeill 7 goals and 10 points in 12 games. Leading Rockford in goals and tied for 2nd among rookies in goals.

Kentti

Oct 5, 2012
Teuvo Teräväinen's Jokerit won Ilves 1-2 today. TT had an assist for the first goal.

He has now 3 G + 8 A = 11 P in 15 games.

Highlights: http://www.nelonenpro.fi/videot/media/593860

Next game on Tue 12th Nov.

Next week is Karjala Tournament in Finland. Czech Republic, Finland, Russia and Sweden participate. TT didn't make it to team Finland.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Enough people on this board like to look at past picks and say who should have been grabbed instead when they were proven right

Just want to take a look at 2 guys I advocated who as rookies in AHL this year for Lightning are putting up these #'s

RW Nikita Kucherov 9 GP with 10 goals + 9 assists (2nd round 2011 ,, 58th overall)
C Vladislav Namestnikov 9 GP with 5 goals + 9 assists (1st round 2011 ,,, 27th overall)

I was huge on Kucherov and think he will be another Saad (Though his fall was mainly Russian factor)

Namestnikov picked right after Danault hurts but I am fine with Danault pick and at time was happy with McNeill pick

Still Kucherov was gonna be a steal for whoever took chance like Saad was. Would so much rather have Saad + Kucherov then Clendeing + Saad

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Has there even been a Russian player you haven't like BWC?

I never cared for several who I didn't think were worthy of hype they got

Andrei Nazarov
Alexandre Volchkov
Mikhail Kuleshov
Kirill Safronov
Alexander Kharlamov (His dad was great but his son was drafted for that legacy/hype around it)

Still I commend Steve Y for ignoring the Russian factor nonsense of recent drafts. He has stocked the Lightning system with several high quality Russian prospects. Nesterov and Vasilevski are other examples

D Nikita Nesterov 148th overall in 2011
G Andrei Vasilevski 19th overall in 2012

Nesterov - 9 GP with 1 goal = 5 assist
Vasilevski looking strong in KHL

Last edited:

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Enough people on this board like to look at past picks and say who should have been grabbed instead when they were proven right

Just want to take a look at 2 guys I advocated who as rookies in AHL this year for Lightning are putting up these #'s

RW Nikita Kucherov 9 GP with 10 goals + 9 assists (2nd round 2011 ,, 58th overall)
C Vladislav Namestnikov 9 GP with 5 goals + 9 assists (1st round 2011 ,,, 27th overall)

I was huge on Kucherov and think he will be another Saad (Though his fall was mainly Russian factor)

Namestnikov picked right after Danault hurts but I am fine with Danault pick and at time was happy with McNeill pick

Still Kucherov was gonna be a steal for whoever took chance like Saad was. Would so much rather have Saad + Kucherov then Clendeing + Saad

Namestnikov isn't a rookie. This is his sophomore season.

I wanted Kucherov too.. but it's kind of hard to complain with the way Clendening's progressed over the past two years. Everyone likes Danault and McNeill's also off to a very stong start to his Pro career.

The 2011 draft has shaped up very well for Chicago to this point. It's hard to nit-pick Chicago for anything in that draft.

Saad's in the NHL, and is at worst top-9 forward on a contending team. Shaw's in the NHL and again, is a top-9 forward on the Hawks. Clendening's an AHL all-star, and is only 21. McNeill's off to a great start in the AHL and Danault's been solid too. Broadhurst, a 7th rounder, is 2nd on the Hogs in scoring and 5th among AHL rookies. Dahlbeck's been very solid in his first season and a bit in the AHL. Shalunov's shown flashes and Paliotta projects as a very solid #5 Dman. Jardine's still a project.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Honestly the only guyI was really worried about missing out on we got at number 43 anyways so Im good :)

Really really liked both Monahan and Ristolainen this year, but as they both went top 10 Im k that we didn't trade the assets it would have taken to get on of those picks. I kinda wish would would have grabbed Bailey this year, but it's way too early to tell how he's going to turn out.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
would anyone trade seabrook if it netted a hight draft pick +?

i only ask b/c i was watching hockey tonight w/ an oilers fan and he asked what it would take to get seabrook from chicago. my initial response was that there's nothing that the oilers have (and would be available) that we would possibly want and we're not currently in need of drafting high.

but ymmv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad