Prospect Info: All Prospect Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
McNeill's coming to Rockford and it looks like Danault will be too in the next couple days. Danault will (likely) finish his QMJHL career losing in back-to-back years in upset fashion. It's not just him, Jaskin's been MIA all series, but kinda sucks for Danault to be on powerhouse teams in back-to-back years and not even get out of the 1st round.

Going to guess the lines when McNeill/Danault come will look something like this:

Olesz - St. Pierre - Morin
Smith - Pirri - Danault
McArdle - Froese - Beach
Svendsen - Nordstrom - McNeill

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
McNeill's coming to Rockford and it looks like Danault will be too in the next couple days. Danault will (likely) finish his QMJHL career losing in back-to-back years in upset fashion. It's not just him, Jaskin's been MIA all series, but kinda sucks for Danault to be on powerhouse teams in back-to-back years and not even get out of the 1st round.

Going to guess the lines when McNeill/Danault come will look something like this:

Smith - Pirri - Danault
McArdle - Froese - Beach

Why wouldn't McNeill play 3C?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Smith - Pirri - Danault
McArdle - Froese - Beach

More likely Rockford Coaches dont use them much and go with what they have

Hogs are more concerned right now with making playoffs then giving McNeill/Danault playing time

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City

Hogs are more concerned right now with making playoffs then giving McNeill/Danault playing time

Yeah, pretty much. Only way one of them would get significant burn is if someone went down with an injury.

That being said they will see a lot of ice next year (and Danault has a shot of actually making the big club in my opinion).

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
I think Danault will get some significant icetime with the Hogs. He only had a couple of assists in 7 games there last season, but he impressed with his work ethic and two-way play.

I'm not so sure about McNeill. He was more of a passenger in his first spell in the AHL, but is a 1st rounder who needs icetime at a higher level. Maybe he gets it this season, maybe he doesn't.

Garret Ross should also be there shortly (London should put Saginaw out of their misery tonight).

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC

Maybe not McNeill, but the Rockford coaches loved Danault when he was there last year, so I'm sure he'll get decent ice time.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Why wouldn't McNeill play 3C?

He played mostly on the 4th line last year and the Icehogs are trying to make the playoffs - hence, they likely don't want to disrupt the lineup too much. Danault played on Pirri's wing last year and had success, that's why he's in the top-6, otherwise he'd be on the 4th line too.

Mark McNeill and Phillip Danault are better than Brad Mills and Matt Beaudoin. Maybe they don't get in right away, but both will play games for the Icehogs, and likely the majority of their remaining games. They're 1st round picks, not scrubs.

KanetoToews2883

Sep 14, 2011
I don't see Bickell leaving the Hawks. I see him signing a team friendly deal in and around a 1-2 mil for 2 years or so. whatever coincides with the Toews/Kane contracts. He has said he's willing to take less money to stay with the Hawks supposedly and if that is true... the Hawks should have no problem re-signing him.

I don't know about Stalberg though... Stalberg I see leaving the Hawks and getting 3+ somewhere else

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He played mostly on the 4th line last year and the Icehogs are trying to make the playoffs - hence, they likely don't want to disrupt the lineup too much. Danault played on Pirri's wing last year and had success, that's why he's in the top-6, otherwise he'd be on the 4th line too.

Mark McNeill and Phillip Danault are better than Brad Mills and Matt Beaudoin. Maybe they don't get in right away, but both will play games for the Icehogs, and likely the majority of their remaining games. They're 1st round picks, not scrubs.

Hogs are looking to make playoffs

Sticking kids into lineup isn't the way to go

Danault might draw in but McNeill isn't a sure thing

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
I don't see Bickell leaving the Hawks. I see him signing a team friendly deal in and around a 1-2 mil for 2 years or so. whatever coincides with the Toews/Kane contracts. He has said he's willing to take less money to stay with the Hawks supposedly and if that is true... the Hawks should have no problem re-signing him.

I don't know about Stalberg though... Stalberg I see leaving the Hawks and getting 3+ somewhere else

Wrong thread. ;)

I definitely see McNeill and Danault being big impact players in Rockford next year. Danault, if at all, will only come to the Hawks if he's spent a significant amount of time just tearing the AHL to shreds.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Hogs are looking to make playoffs

Sticking kids into lineup isn't the way to go

Danault might draw in but McNeill isn't a sure thing

No, I'm telling you right now it is a sure thing that they both play a lot of Rockford's remaining games to end the season and wanting to make the playoffs is exactly why.

You don't dress Brad Mills and Matt Beaudoin over Mark McNeill and Phillip Danault because they're "kids". McNeill and Danault are both significantly better than those players and therefore, they'll dress.

Like I said, maybe not the minute they get there, but after a couple practises, they'll get in.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
No, I'm telling you right now it is a sure thing that they both play a lot of Rockford's remaining games to end the season and wanting to make the playoffs is exactly why.

You don't dress Brad Mills and Matt Beaudoin over Mark McNeill and Phillip Danault because they're "kids". McNeill and Danault are both significantly better than those players and therefore, they'll dress.

Like I said, maybe not the minute they get there, but after a couple practises, they'll get in.

We'll see. The Hogs are playing really well right now, and if they keep it up they'll actually make the playoffs for once. I doubt they would want to make too many drastic changes. That being said, it would be hard to keep Danault out of the lineup.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
For the record, Rockford was on a nice roll when Joakim Nordstrom's season ended in Sweden. He's come over and stepped right into the line-up, despite never playing in N.A. Mark McNeill and Phillip Danault are both better than Nordstrom, so why would anyone think they wouldn't play much?

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
For the record, Rockford was on a nice roll when Joakim Nordstrom's season ended in Sweden. He's come over and stepped right into the line-up, despite never playing in N.A. Mark McNeill and Phillip Danault are both better than Nordstrom, so why would anyone think they wouldn't play much?

By the way, anyone who's on the "when are we finally going to dump Kruger/Frolik" wagon should watch the development of Nordstrom as he's one of the most likely to be groomed as their replacement.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If I'm Chicago, Danault and McNeill only play enough games so they don't burn a year of their contract. Rockford has been doing amazing the last few weeks, so they don't really need an improvement.

It's more beneficial to the Hawks that they have these guys on ELCs for another year as oppossed to them helping the Hogs get to the playoffs.

Not sure what the brass actually thinks about it though.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
If I'm Chicago, Danault and McNeill only play enough games so they don't burn a year of their contract. Rockford has been doing amazing the last few weeks, so they don't really need an improvement.

It's more beneficial to the Hawks that they have these guys on ELCs for another year as oppossed to them helping the Hogs get to the playoffs.

Not sure what the brass actually thinks about it though.

Their contracts will slide to next year because they weren't 20 by December 31st 2012, regardless of how many games (playoffs/regular season) they play in Rockford.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Their contracts will slide to next year because they weren't 20 by December 31st 2012, regardless of how many games (playoffs/regular season) they play in Rockford.

Hmm, didn't know about that rule...I thought if they played X amount of games that it didn't matter.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Hmm, didn't know about that rule...I thought if they played X amount of games that it didn't matter.

If they play in the NHL, it would matter. Since their in the AHL, it doesn't.

Both of Pirri/Morin's contract slid over a year, despite both playing in the AHL for a full year. The reason? They were both 19.

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
Teuvo Teravainen's season is over.

Jokerit lost 3-1 today to complete a 4-2 series loss.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
Sucks for Jokerit, but Teuvo had a really good season after his slow start. Excited to see him at Prospects camp in a few months.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
Sucks for Jokerit, but Teuvo had a really good season after his slow start. Excited to see him at Prospects camp in a few months.

My bet: He will (and should) look like the best prospect there. Just like last year.

I'd love to see him in the AHL soon though. More for selfish reasons than development ones though, since I have an easier time watching AHL games than SM-Liiga.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
My bet: He will (and should) look like the best prospect there. Just like last year.

Yep, that's what I'd expect too. Unfortunately, it's Chicago fans only chance to see him in N.A as he won't be attending training camp next year either.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
By the way, anyone who's on the "when are we finally going to dump Kruger/Frolik" wagon should watch the development of Nordstrom as he's one of the most likely to be groomed as their replacement.

I remember that wagon. Last time I saw it, it was upside down in a ditch, on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad