Prospect Info: All Prospect Talk Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
would anyone trade seabrook if it netted a hight draft pick +?

i only ask b/c i was watching hockey tonight w/ an oilers fan and he asked what it would take to get seabrook from chicago. my initial response was that there's nothing that the oilers have (and would be available) that we would possibly want and we're not currently in need of drafting high.

but ymmv.

during the season, no way. In the offseason, not sure, it would depend what would be offered.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011

i only ask b/c i was watching hockey tonight w/ an oilers fan and he asked what it would take to get seabrook from chicago. my initial response was that there's nothing that the oilers have (and would be available) that we would possibly want and we're not currently in need of drafting high.

but ymmv.

If it netted Chicago Connor McDavid next year, than yes.. for any other pick, no. There's no guarantees with young players. Seabrook's an established top-pairing Dman. Just because Hammer's emerged as an outstanding Dman, doesn't mean Chicago can trade Seabrook. The depth of great DMen is what makes this team as strong defensively as it is.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Quietly flying under the radar (especially since Clendening gets the headlines with his production), but I love what I've been seeing out of Dylan Olsen this year. Kid looks much quicker, better positionally, and is still a physical presence. He's getting more PP time this year (4 points off the PP) and he will definitely light the lamp soon as he's got a very hard shot.

He's improved every year defensively since he was drafted (taking the tough assignments with the opponents first line players) and his offense has also improved every year since turning pro (already has 7 points in 13 games) I'm not sure he'll get another chance here with the abundance of d-man the Hawks have, not to mention in the system, but he's definitely NHL caliber. Won't turn 23 until January as well.

Last edited:

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Quietly flying under the radar (especially since Clendening gets the headlines with his production), but I love what I've been seeing out of Dylan Olsen this year. Kid looks much quicker, better positionally, and is still a physical presence. He's getting more PP time this year (4 points off the PP) and he will definitely light the lamp soon as he's got a very hard shot.

He's improved every year defensively since he was drafted (taking the tough assignments with the opponents first line players) and his offense has also improved every year since turning pro (already has 7 points in 13 games) I'm not sure he'll get another chance here with the abundance of d-man the Hawks have, not to mention in the system, but he's definitely NHL caliber. Won't turn 23 until January as well.

Great to hear. Brookbank is up this year and rozi is signed for next year, so room could be made for Mr Olsen.

moose vasko

Mar 3, 2011

I haven't seen Rockford yet this year, but I follow the blogs and he seems to be trending up nicely. Had a good camp too. I also think he still has a decent chance to make the big club next year (both Brookbank and Kostka are UFA) or in 2 years when (when both Rozy and Oduya are UFA). I love his shot too...low, accurate, and super heavy; tons of rebounds.

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010

but ymmv.

No need to pull a Holmgren. This teams window is now. Top pair DMan are way too hard to find.

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
A little late on this, but Vince Hinostroza was named NCAA national rookie of the month for October.

shotvalley

Jan 18, 2010
Has anyone seen Calnan playing? How does he look, is he fast on his skates? Is there any top 6 potential for NHL or is he more like a grinder type of player?

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
Johns played well last night and is putting together a solid resume:

Three-time monogram winner for the Irish ... will serve along with Bryan Rust and T.J. Tynan as one of the team's three alternate captains in 2013-14 ... keeps opponents honest in the defensive zone with his physical style of play ... tough, rangy, defenseman with excellent size and reach ... plays the game with an edge ... is passionate about the game of hockey ... has worked on keeping his emotions in check on the ice ... makes life miserable for opposing forwards in front of his net and in the corners ... good open-ice hitter who forces opponents to know where he is at all times ... has made huge strides in developing his offensive skills ... strong skater with the ability to jump into the play ... has a strong, accurate shot from the point ... has unlimited potential and will be one of the leaders of the Notre Dame defense ... played in all 41 games as a junior, scoring one goal with career highs in assists (13) and points (14) ... led Notre Dame with 62 penalty minutes on the season ... has played in 124 career games (missing just one while playing in 2012 World Junior Championships) with seven goals and 30 assists for 37 points ... selected to the 2013 CCHA all-tournament team after helping the Irish to the final CCHA Mason Cup title ... co-winner of the 2013 Cameron Compton Leadership Award for organizing his teammates in the "M is for Movember" efforts to raise awareness and funds for men's health issues ... team raised over $4,000 in the month-long effort ... joined the Irish after two seasons with USA Hockey's National Team Developmental Program based in Ann Arbor, Mich. ... selected in the second round, 60th overall by the Chicago Blackhawks in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft ... was ranked 35th among all North American skaters in Central Scouting's final draft rankings ... invited to the U.S. National Junior Evaluation Camp's in 2010 and 2011 and played in the World Junior Championships in 2012 ... one of six alums of the U.S. National Program currently playing at Notre Dame ... is one of 31 former NTDP players to play for the Irish ... signed in the early-signing period (Nov. of `09) along with forwards Jeff Costello, David Gerths, Anders Lee, Garrett Peterson, Bryan Rust and T.J. Tynan plus defenseman Jarred Tinordi.

http://www.und.com/sports/m-hockey/mtt/stephen_johns_713555.html

BronYrAur

Nov 29, 2011
If it netted Chicago Connor McDavid next year, than yes.. for any other pick, no. There's no guarantees with young players. Seabrook's an established top-pairing Dman. Just because Hammer's emerged as an outstanding Dman, doesn't mean Chicago can trade Seabrook. The depth of great DMen is what makes this team as strong defensively as it is.

Come on now. You are greatly over-valuing Seabrook. A good defenseman whose best days seem to be behind him. A top-5 pick can net you an instant-NHLer who would cost a fraction of what Seabrook costs for the first few years. Helps you clear a little cap space to add another player. It's a no-brainer.

The fact is, there is no way any team with a top-5 or probably even top-10 pick would trade that pick for Seabrook.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Come on now. You are greatly over-valuing Seabrook. A good defenseman whose best days seem to be behind him. A top-5 pick can net you an instant-NHLer who would cost a fraction of what Seabrook costs for the first few years. Helps you clear a little cap space to add another player. It's a no-brainer.

The fact is, there is no way any team with a top-5 or probably even top-10 pick would trade that pick for Seabrook.

A top 5 pick can also land you squat.

Still think draft picks are way overvalued in general.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City

Cam Barker says hello.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011

Yeah..

The fact is, if the Oilers could trade their 1st round pick for Seabrook today, they probably would.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
You're nuts if you think that. That would be insane.

I don't agree. Seabrook is a known quantity, has leadership skills, extensive playoff experience, and could be their #1 d easy. Also, they have no hope of attracting a player of his calibre through free agency. If it were between him and a 1st overall maybe not. But we could get a high pick from them for him esp of we added our own pick

Hawkster

It's on.
Aug 2, 2005
Vince Hinostroza left last night's game late in the 2nd period after a knee-on-knee hit from a scrub named Tommy Serratore (who got a 5 minute major). He tallied 3 assists before the injury.

Kentti

Oct 5, 2012
Teuvo Teräväinen participated in a U20 Tournament in Novogorsk, near Moscow in Russia this weekend. In the first game on Friday team Finland lost to Russia 3-2, TT got two assists.

Yesterday Finland played against Czech Republic and Finland won it 4-3 in shootout. TT was pointless but scored the winning goal in the shootout.

Today's game was against Sweden and Finland won it 3-2 also in shootout. TT was 0+1 in the game and scored the winning goal in the shootout.

So in three games TT was 0+3 with two GWG shootout goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino