Prospect Info: Alexander Holtz (#7 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Fanatik

Mar 28, 2021
And I don't see any reason for the club or the player to demur here. Ideally he should be signed by the end of the day and as soon as his visa is approved be on an airplane.
Some time for him to rest and be with his family before he leaves them for good is probably ideal

he can come over next season. Have him workout where hes comfortable and beef up

Reactions: My3Sons

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Some time for him to rest and be with his family before he leaves them for good is probably ideal

he can come over next season. Have him workout where hes comfortable and beef up

He's flying over to play hockey, not crossing the Berlin wall. The offseason will be here soon enough and he can go back and see his family.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
And I don't see any reason for the club or the player to demur here. Ideally he should be signed by the end of the day and as soon as his visa is approved be on an airplane.

The one question mark seems to be if his national team wants him. The Devils sounded like they would let him train and play with them; if he was going to be asked.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I'd have him checked out by a top notch orthopedist if his back is at all an issue. He's played plenty of hockey this season and I'd have him evaluated closely if he is at all sore before rolling him out in NJ. Hopefully Bratt can ease him into the North American routine and help him succeed with the off ice stuff to make the on ice stuff easier.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I'd have him checked out by a top notch orthopedist if his back is at all an issue. He's played plenty of hockey this season and I'd have him evaluated closely if he is at all sore before rolling him out in NJ. Hopefully Bratt can ease him into the North American routine and help him succeed with the off ice stuff to make the on ice stuff easier.

Im sure they do a physical on all newly sign players ect ect

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I'd have him checked out by a top notch orthopedist if his back is at all an issue.

Back is fine.

harold-bornstein-facebook_650x400_61525239277.jpg

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
So when it comes to forwards in particular, you usually have sub categories.
1. Line Drivers 2. Playmakers 3. Finishers 4. Puck Retrievers 7. Two-way 6. Defensive 7. Bad
Obviously players can fit into more then on category. While Ovechkin is the greatest Finisher we have ever seen he certainly is a line driver and an underrated playmaker. When it comes to prospects outside of a select few most players will make the league based off of the one thing they thrive at. Based off of all of this would say Line Drivers are the most impactful?

With wingers in particular, line-drivers are pretty rare. Think Patrick Kane or Nikita Kucherov.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Will playing in the NHL burn a year off his ELC? Does he need to reach a certain amount of games played for that to happen?

GeNeXt

Jul 5, 2012
Will playing in the NHL burn a year off his ELC? Does he need to reach a certain amount of games played for that to happen?

Hmm, yeah not sure how this works this season. AHL too, is someone like Clarke, who normally wouldn't be AHL eligible, burning an ELC year too?

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I can see Holtz getting a game or two at the end of the season, but not right away. He is too raw defensively to jump right in to the nhl

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
im not sure it will be any easier for him to get a visa to come here than it was for Bratt, so it's not like he will be hopping on a plane tomorrow to join binghamton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad