Prospect Info: Alexander Holtz (#7 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Alexander Holtz has been an important player on the International stage. He played on the Swedish teams at the Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, scoring two goals and seven points in five games, winning silver. Holtz played at the U17 World Hockey Challenge scoring four goals and eight points in six games, and taking home a bronze medal. He also appeared at the 2019 IIHF Under-18 World Championship, scoring four goals and seven points in seven games and winning a gold medal. This season, Holtz put up three goals and five points in seven World Junior games and won a bronze medal.

Holtz has also been strong in the Djurgardens system. With 30 goals in 38 games, Holtz led the entire J20 league in 2018-19. He added four points in five playoff games, with Djurgardens finishing in third place. After playing three SHL games last year, Holtz has become a regular this season and has put up nine goals and 16 points in 35 games. He also put up nine points in just three j20 games this year. He has proven to be too advanced for the junior leagues.

Alexander Holtz Scouting Report: 2020 NHL Draft #8

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Perfectly fine with this. Maybe not necessarily the way I would have gone with the two additional first round picks in our pockets, but the kid is going to be good. I think the floor is high. His production in sweden is super rare. Naslund and Forsberg? Pretty limited company there, and it's damn good.

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
I’m still shook from Bergfors and Josefson to get behind a Swedish forward in the 1st.

I also would’ve liked more size.

That being said with the two defensemen I liked gone I’m glad we went RW.

Reactions: theoptimist

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
I've been burned by Tedenby and Josefson to be happy about this pick. Outside of Bratt we just don't do well with developing Euros. I really hope he proves me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille