Prospect Info: #8OA, Marco Kasper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
So can someone who actually watches Griffins a lot write a short whats good and whats bad about Kasper atm? I have been able to watch only 2 Griffins games this season and have to just pretty much look at numbers and messages here (and everyone knows that if a prospect isnt scoring a lot hes a bust).

If you notice there hasn't been any hype? Well, that's because there's nothing to hype about. Last time I watch him he was meh. Didn't get many minutes. I get the sense the coach is using him sparingly. Adjustment? Not 100% up to speed? Not trusted?

My guess brass is using this season as an introduction as he adjusts to NA hockey. He hasn't really took the bull by the horns, either.

I'm not worried... I trust our development system knows what it's doing.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
We should draft Zegras instead Seider, Eklund instead of Edvinsson, Benson instead of Danielson.
Everyone here knows our woes would have been solved if only we picked Raty!:sarcasm:

On topic, I'm not sweating Kasper's development yet. He's 19. Most U.S. prospects would be playing their 1st year of college hockey...he's playing in the pros.

Last edited:

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
On topic, I'm not sweating Kasper's development yet. He's 19. Most U.S. prospects would be playing their 1st year of college hockey...he's playing in the pros.
Exactly. This is his 3rd full pro season, first pro games at the age of 16 in Austria. Big role in SHL at the age of 17/18, thats a top-3 league in the world. In a champion contender team. 1st line center in Austria's men's national team at the age of 18, it's only Austria but you don't see that everyday.

There is nothing to be worried about, Kasper missed last off season training because of a injury. That effects a lot, he's healthy now and seems like he's warming up. Hopefully stays healthy for rest of the season and gets a good off season training, this time next year 1C in GR.

Reactions: RabidBadger
I mean it took us how long and how many years of struggling to score goals before we were able to trade for a player like DeBrincat? I get what you are saying. Drafting surefire centers is nice. But if those surefire centers top out as 3rd liners, it doesn't really make a difference either.

Currently I don't think Danielson or Kasper are on a "very good 2nd line center" trajectory, but I hope at least one of them can get back on that trajectory within the next year or so. (As we know development isnt always linear, and I think one of them will.) If so I think we are OK with having them occupy the middle six center spots.

We should be patient, correct. But I’m a little disappointed that we as a community seem to have already forgotten that Danielson not only looked like he can hang but actually be an impact player against NHL and AHL players in the preseason. That’s just months ago. I think a junior player showing those flashes absolutely has the potential to be a very good 2nd line center.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
We should be patient, correct. But I’m a little disappointed that we as a community seem to have already forgotten that Danielson not only looked like he can hang but actually be an impact player against NHL and AHL players in the preseason. That’s just months ago. I think a junior player showing those flashes absolutely has the potential to be a very good 2nd line center.
So because he looked good in the preseason it doesn’t matter what he does the rest of the season? Well I think that’s pretty dumb. I think a guy who looked like he belonged with NHLers (if you believe that) should have had more of an impact in the WHL. I think if Benson was sent back to the WHL he would have a massive impact there. That’s what anyone who looks like they belong with NHLers should do.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Everyone here knows our woes would have been solved if only we picked Raty!:sarcasm:

At this point I would have settled with trading Kasper for Horvat.

Horvat instead of Copp or Compher looks a whole lot better, and everything else being the same it makes this a playoff team.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Nice to see he's coming on. Are they increasing his TOI?
Last nights game isn't out yet but it looks like his usage has been pretty consistently 14-16 minutes

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 11.01.38 AM.png

Reactions: Dotter

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Oh, you have to have an account?
Yes, most high level teams purchase it to have access to their database. Junior hockey, CHL, NCAA, AHL, NHL. Everything except for KHL is on there. Not sure if you can purchase an individual account

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Yes, most high level teams purchase it to have access to their database. Junior hockey, CHL, NCAA, AHL, NHL. Everything except for KHL is on there. Not sure if you can purchase an individual account

Do you work in one of those leagues?

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Kids a gamer. Lots of our fanbase sleeping on him because they check Stat sheets.

When I was 19 I couldn't consistently get up for work at the right time. Give the kids time.

I like him. Not every draft pick needs to be a high octane offensive budding star. You need these guys who dig in and play a rough and tumble junk yard dog game (as Mickey would say).

It's clear the type of team Yzerman is attempting to build. It's the type that wins in the playoffs.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
I like him. Not every draft pick needs to be a high octane offensive budding star. You need these guys who dig in and play a rough and tumble junk yard dog game (as Mickey would say).

It's clear the type of team Yzerman is attempting to build. It's the type that wins in the playoffs.
Isn’t that what you should be aiming for with a 9OA pick? Decent 3rd line centers can be easily gotten via FA. It’s those “high octane offensive guys” that teams are desperate for and usually only gotten via the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad