Post-Game Talk: 5 losses in a row

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
If only we had some cap space this year to address those glaring needs.

I mean, our brilliant GM used that cap space to ink Russell to a 4x4 with a juicy NTC too. Exactly as bruin fans stated of how Chiarelli dishes NTCs like candy. What an incompetent GM.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I mean, our brilliant GM used that cap space to ink Russell to a 4x4 with a juicy NTC too. Exactly as bruin fans stated of how Chiarelli dishes NTCs like candy. What an incompetent GM.
I actually praised Chiarelli for his prior offseason strategy (even with the dreaded Taylor Hall trade) but there's simply no defense for the strategy he chose this offseason in a year the Oilers needed to go to the next level.

Reactions: Bangers

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I actually praised Chiarelli for his prior offseason strategy (even with the dreaded Taylor Hall trade) but there's simply no defense for the strategy he chose this offseason in a year the Oilers needed to go to the next level.

I mean it was quite obvious we needed a stopgap D while Sekera healed from injury, a top 6 scorer (Vanek would've been nice), and an NHL backup. Chiarelli of course thought Yamamoto and JP were enough and that Brossoit was capable. #FireChiarelli

Reactions: frag2

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Give Chia a break. Needed the space for a potential rule change that allows mid-season offer sheets.

Don't worry.

hqdefault.jpg

This guy knows what he's doing with a salary cap.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
That's the problem. The management constantly relies on younger players to carry the huge load. Yet they don't put players like JP in a spot to succeed. Don't want him to play with 97 yet? Okay. Then at least utilize him on the worst PP in the league. What harm will it do if they put a shooter in JP on the first PP that has McDavid and Draisaitl being able to dish him the puck for a one timer. Strome or Caggiula aren't a damn threat on the PP, and their PP is beyond perimeter and slow. They don't move their skates which makes it so much easier for the opponents. Seriously, **** the coaching staff. Woodcroft had the luxury of having guys like Thornton, Burns, Marleau, Boyle, etc on the sharks that made their powerplay so lethal, but I doubt Woodcroft did **** all.

RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi
?-Draisaitl-Yamamoto

That should be the template of our top 2 lines. Ideally we have Benson, Safin or Maksimov surprise to fill in the LW on Drai's spot unless of course Lucic decides to show up next season or we put Khaira there.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I mean it was quite obvious we needed a stopgap D while Sekera healed from injury, a top 6 scorer (Vanek would've been nice), and an NHL backup. Chiarelli of course thought Yamamoto and JP were enough and that Brossoit was capable. #FireChiarelli
Yup... Like why trade Eberle if you're not going to replace him properly?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi
?-Draisaitl-Yamamoto

That should be the template of our top 2 lines. Ideally we have Benson, Safin or Maksimov surprise to fill in the LW on Drai's spot unless of course Lucic decides to show up next season or we put Khaira there.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a bounce back year from lucic next year

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Top priority this off season should be trying to convince all of Lucic, Sekera and Russel to waive their NMC’s. I doubt we can get rid of all 3 but hopefully one of them will be willing to move. My guess would be Sekera moving.

After that find a 1B that can over take Talbot, a skilled winger for Draisaitl and a PP defenceman. The rest of the holes can be filled with value deals. We’lll probably trade our 1st+ for that Dman and Yamamoto will make the opening night lineup.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yup... Like why trade Eberle if you're not going to replace him properly?

and why trade him to the same GM that already ripped you off completely for Reinhart. But hey, Chiarelli's the only reason why Snow hasn't been fired yet. Let me guess.. RNH for MDC one for one next? It would be a Chiarelli special.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Top priority this off season should be trying to convince all of Lucic, Sekera and Russel to waive their NMC’s. I doubt we can get rid of all 3 but hopefully one of them will be willing to move. My guess would be Sekera moving.

After that find a 1B that can over take Talbot, a skilled winger for Draisaitl and a PP defenceman. The rest of the holes can be filled with value deals. We’lll probably trade our 1st+ for that Dman and Yamamoto will make the opening night lineup.

There's no money to make like 5 different changes. Trading the 1st I think is stupid at this point, unless it's some kind of scenario of OEL or Karlsson coming back, I think even Nicholson will step in and tell Peter he's not allowed to do that.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
RNH-McDavid-Puljujarvi
?-Draisaitl-Yamamoto

I want to vomit that we have to hope Lucic bounces back next season. What a shit player he is this year. 1 goal in 43 games. Not even Eberle who had an off year last season went that long without a goal.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I want to vomit that we have to hope Lucic bounces back next season. What a **** player he is this year. 1 goal in 43 games. Not even Eberle who had an off year last season went that long without a goal.

If Lucic has pride and his body cooperates he should be improved next season, the question is by how much?

I'd try Puljujarvi there when Nuge comes back and play Rattie alongside Strome or Drai.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
I honestly still can't believe that this season happened; I adamantly defended management and coaching to the point that people thought that I was a shill hired by the organization to post on message boards. Now, even I've reached the point of being utterly flabbergasted by the incompetence of the Oilers.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I honestly still can't believe that this season happened; I adamantly defended management and coaching to the point that people thought that I was a shill hired by the organization to post on message boards. Now, even I've reached the point of being utterly flabbergasted by the incompetence of the Oilers.

It really is the worst season in the history of the franchise, and yes, worse than any of the DoD years. Those teams weren't expected to ever do much.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG

McDavid's +/- is not good either in the past 4 out of five games. Even with the 3 points against Anaheim he ended being even . I think he's -6 in the last 5. That's with 7 points in that time frame.
Nuge is even in the same time frame. Counting 3 games since he's been injured for two.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad