Post-Game Talk: 5 losses in a row

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I want to vomit that we have to hope Lucic bounces back next season. What a **** player he is this year. 1 goal in 43 games. Not even Eberle who had an off year last season went that long without a goal.

That’s Jordan Nolan/Ryan Reeves territory now.

How fitting since punching faces is the only thing those 3 are good at

Reactions: McAsuno

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
If a coach is as disinterested as Tmac, why not just step down and save the trouble and embarrassment of a firing.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Russell/Sekera + 1st for Hamilton

I don't think the Flames would be interested in Russell or Sekera so it would be a 1st for Hamilton. With Sekera's cap hit and downslide I don't know who will take him off our hands.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I don't think the Flames would be interested in Russell or Sekera so it would be a 1st for Hamilton. With Sekera's cap hit and downslide I don't know who will take him off our hands.

Hopefully the IR will take :sarcasm:

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
If a coach is as disinterested as Tmac, why not just step down and save the trouble and embarrassment of a firing.

I believe firing keeps you paid. Stepping down doesn’t.

Considering how f’n cheap he has been and never ripped the refs and risk a fine, safe to say he’s just waiting to get paid

Reactions: BlackDogg

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
If Lucic has pride and his body cooperates he should be improved next season, the question is by how much?

I'd try Puljujarvi there when Nuge comes back and play Rattie alongside Strome or Drai.

I doubt it will be enough to justify $6M a year but the fact is that the team will now have to find a way to work around 5 years at 6 million per for a guy who might be done. It is starting to look a lot like the Horcoff contract, possibly worse.

Reactions: harpoon

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I doubt it will be enough to justify $6M a year but the fact is that the team will now have to find a way to work around 5 years at 6 million per for a guy who might be done. It is starting to look a lot like the Horcoff contract, possibly worse.

It's worse.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I'll take a damn old retired Smytty over Lucic. At least Smytty knows how to score greasy goals in front of the net just by showing his presence there.

Lucic and the master of the net side presence.

IIRC, we had Yamamoto playing net front presence at the beginning of the year on the PP with Lucic on the same unit lol

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Lucic and the master of the net side presence.

IIRC, we had Yamamoto playing net front presence at the beginning of the year on the PP with Lucic on the same unit lol

which is just sad considering Yamamoto's a rookie and looks like a damn smurf compared to Lucic. Lucic hasn't scored a PPG since December, but that still warrants PP in Woodcroft's brain. Talk about f***ing logic.

Reactions: frag2

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Honestly i've forgiven Lucic for his atrocious season since he punched Mike Smith in the face. I hate that guy so much for no apparent reason

I mean sure, props to him for that. But that's been his only real highlight for awhile. The bear's been sleeping, got poked by Mike Smith and woke up, and then went back to hibernation.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I felt no compulsion to watch tonight, and followed my gut there. Judging from the score, the shots on goal, and the few comments Ive read, I made the right decision.

If this team would even show a pulse of caring I'd watch, but why give it all when your coaching staff has packed it in 2 weeks early.

What a gong show

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I felt no compulsion to watch tonight, and followed my gut there. Judging from the score, the shots on goal, and the few comments Ive read, I made the right decision.

If this team would even show a pulse of caring I'd watch, but why give it all when your coaching staff has packed it in 2 weeks early.

What a gong show

I was at work. Had my break, and checked the score. Wasn't remotely surprised. Just rolled my eyes and ate my dinner.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
There's no money to make like 5 different changes. Trading the 1st I think is stupid at this point, unless it's some kind of scenario of OEL or Karlsson coming back, I think even Nicholson will step in and tell Peter he's not allowed to do that.

OEL or Hamilton would be my target if the 1st is in play. We just can’t make that deal unless one of the 3 I listed is moved as well.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Rattie, Aberg and Caggiula should have no business being in the top 6 next season. If you count RNH as a winger now then we have 3 top 6 spots to fill. I was hop No they’d use JP during garbage time as a trial so we know what he have for next season.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
which is just sad considering Yamamoto's a rookie and looks like a damn smurf compared to Lucic. Lucic hasn't scored a PPG since December, but that still warrants PP in Woodcroft's brain. Talk about ****ing logic.
To be fair to Lucic... there are only 5 players on the team who have a power play goal in 2018.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
whoever the GM is, will probably trade for a more offensive d-man
Damn it. The Oilers genius management is always trading what they think have too many of, only to find out they needed them after all. I swear these people are so dumb they think that 'depth' means having one guy in reserve.

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I honestly cant wait for the season to end. All we’ve had to look forward to (besides McDavids brilliance) is the bloody draft since December. Its just sickening what Chia has done to this team and its chances going forward. Squandered doesnt begin to cover it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad