Post-Game Talk: 5 losses in a row

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
There is no hope for this team. Too many things to fix that playoffs next season seems like a pipe dream.

Need better management.
Need better coaching.
Need better forwards.
Need better prospects. - Though I'm praying that Yamamoto surprises us....apart from that who else is there? Benson?

These have been the needs for the past decade. Still nothing gets solved. Not even one of them. I suppose our D is marginally better (on paper)

Edit: I should add need better development* - that Bakersfield staff is as hopeless as ours

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Lucic makes me actually ill, what a horrible signing that was. This GM destroyed us for many years. Cant wait to watch Hall win the hart. In three years this guy traded 2 Top line players for nothing, a pick that could have drafted Barzal and signed Lucic, Drai and Russel to horrid contracts. Literally this gm is the worst gm in NHL history, combined with this horrible coach and his horrible minions, never been so depressed in Oilers history, we are going to ruin Connors career. I hope he demands a trade, he does not deserve this.
I'd give it two more seasons max. of losing and I think McD would ask for a trade. No reason to reward incompetent management.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Bu ... bu ... but we should be optimistic about next year!

Disagreeing with the childish whines to fire Chiarelli instantly doesn't mean there is not reason for optimism next year. Thanks for coming out though.

The Oilers definitely need an upgrade in net and saying so doesn't mean there can't be optimism for next year.

Reactions: Nunymare

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Disagreeing with the childish whines to fire Chiarelli instantly doesn't mean there is not reason for optimism next year. Thanks for coming out though.

The Oilers definitely need an upgrade in net and saying so doesn't mean there can't be optimism for next year.

36 year old Cam Ward is gonna fix this right?

If Cam Talbot is not the answer, say bye-bye to your precious GM. There is no $1-1.5 mill "back up" coming to fix this.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
No McD but a healthy Klefa and Nuge vs. Calgary Flames minus Johnny Doochface?

Flames are better than the Oilers if you remove both McDavid and Gaudreau, which is sad because the Flames are hot garbage. Alberta is the province of hockey mediocrity, it's two good players, one more solid support guy, and a bunch of crap.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I was actually impressed with how awful they were tonight, like a ballet of ineptitude. Like you couldn’t plan playing that shitty, you can only accomplish that level of shit by truly sucking at what you do and just not giving an actual shit.

Reactions: Mez

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Can anyone name ONE good thing Chia has done? Just one? Talbot and Kassian were the props he was given but both suck now. Is there anything this loser has done well?

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Can anyone name ONE good thing Chia has done? Just one? Talbot and Kassian were the props he was given but both suck now. Is there anything this loser has done well?

He ruined what could have been a potential dynasty.

Reactions: Aerrol

hockeyguy1967

Aug 24, 2017

No offense man but what gives you optimism for next year? If GM and Coach are gone, nothing is going to make us better. Are we magically going to get a great starter? NHL wingers? Is Lucic going to retire? Is Drai going to give 2 million back?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Turned on the replay of the game, saw that it was low scoring, the Parise goal happened then I checked the other 2 goals and said **** it, no sense in watching this horse ****.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
We won the season series vs Minny. We will discover soon that the Oilers management specifically designed this team to be able to win regular season games against the Wild. Mission accomplished.

hockeyguy1967

Aug 24, 2017
Flames are better than the Oilers if you remove both McDavid and Gaudreau, which is sad because the Flames are hot garbage. Alberta is the province of hockey mediocrity, it's two good players, one more solid support guy, and a bunch of crap.
You are dreaming my friend. Calgary has MUCH better D/Wingers/Goalie then we do. Much better. McDavid on Calgary would be hitting 130 points this season easy. They have Dmen that can carry the puck and produce on a PP.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I advocated in giving Chia and Tmac one more year early in the season when they were losing but I have to eat crow on this. They need to go. The players he brought in like Russel and Lucic are anchors. The team chemistry has been broken and the players do not look like they are having fun anymore. I believed in Tmac when we got him, I honestly thought he was going to be the coach that will finally turn this around, but he instilled self doubt instead of confidence in this group this year. The players are so lost out there, just so disappointing. McDavid can't do everything. Chia needs to go through a walk of shame. This is just sad to watch the team like this. Just ***king absurd that we have go through this again. I'm tired as a fan, I wish the management would get a ****king clue.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
You are dreaming my friend. Calgary has MUCH better D/Wingers/Goalie then we do. Much better. McDavid on Calgary would be hitting 130 points this season easy. They have Dmen that can carry the puck and produce on a PP.

Isn't that what I said?

They still suck regardless and don't have McDavid, so sucks doubly for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad