Post-Game Talk: 5 losses in a row

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Because they put out five ****ed up players once on the PP?
Yes exactly. Because that's the kind of junk options three years of Peter Chiarelli has left the team with.
It sucks because the whole thing is dependent on passing the puck to #97 and anyone with half a frigging brain knows that, including the guys defending him. Pair that with #97 being pretty average on the PP and there's your league worst unit. .
No, 'anyone with half a friggin brain knows' that the PP sucks because the team has poor players and poor coaching. Both of those things are Chiarelli's fault. Keep on shilling for him though.

Reactions: Aerrol and frag2

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I advocated in giving Chia and Tmac one more year early in the season when they were losing but I have to eat crow on this. They need to go. The players he brought in like Russel and Lucic are anchors. The team chemistry has been broken and the players do not look like they are having fun anymore. I believed in Tmac when we got him, I honestly thought he was going to be the coach that will finally turn this around, but he instilled self doubt instead of confidence in this group this year. The players are so lost out there, just so disappointing. McDavid can't do everything. Chia needs to go through a walk of shame. This is just sad to watch the team like this. Just ***king absurd that we have go through this again. I'm tired as a fan, I wish the management would get a ****king clue.

They both should go, but this we know what this team is gonna do. Blame everything on the coach like they always do and give the GM a pass like Tambellini and Lowe got.

Mac T only really got fired because they fluked out and won the lottery and then were under pressure to get someone more "experienced" (and they proceed of course to choose the worst possible fit). If that didn't happen Mac T would've gotten a third year too.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Erik Karlsson picks up the game puck in what many are speculating is a sign that this is his last home game as a Sen.

I don't normally endorse ownership going above management's head, but if Katz isn't making a trade for EK a condition of Chiarelli and/or Bobby Burger's continued employment, he's doing it wrong.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Erik Karlsson picks up the game puck in what many are speculating is a sign this is his last home game as a Sen.

I don't normally endorse ownership going above management's head, but if Katz isn't making a trade for EK a condition of Chiarelli and/or Bobby Burger's continued employment, he's doing it wrong.
Dont think Karlsson is stupid enough to come here. One tire fire for another?

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Erik Karlsson picks up the game puck in what many are speculating is a sign this is his last home game as a Sen.

Wait what? He is the last player we should trade for. How in the hell can we afford his obvious 12+ million paycheque. Are you mad? We have 6 Million tied up in a Enforcer that never enforces and 4 million in a shot blocking dman.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
seriously, not sure why you guys care so much

the Oilers players have checked out and so should you

the only thing that matters is McPoints...and he's pointless in 2 games

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Dont think Karlsson is stupid enough to come here. One tire fire for another?

Wait what? He is the last player we should trade for. How in the hell can we afford his obvious 12+ million paycheque. Are you mad? We have 6 Million tied up in a Enforcer that never enforces and 4 million in a shot blocking dman.

Karlsson is one year from UFA. What does he care? If the Oilers offer up the best deal- and they have the pieces, because really everything short of McD and maybe Drai should be on the table- there really would be no excuse for him not to waive.

This team is going nowhere without a 1D. I'd rather watch McDavid-Karlsson be this generation's Gretzky-Coffey with a bunch of scrubs behind them than whatever this ****show is.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
seriously, not sure why you guys care so much

the Oilers players have checked out and so should you

the only thing that matters is McPoints...and he's pointless in 2 games

But they'll magically turn it on next year. Teams that have no pride/fight like this have issues. In this team's case, they have very little talent and have given up as a result. Where's all your "character"?

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Yes exactly. Because that's the kind of junk options three years of Peter Chiarelli has left the team with.
No, 'anyone with half a friggin brain knows' that the PP sucks because the team has poor players and poor coaching. Both of those things are Chiarelli's fault. Keep on shilling for him though.
Gotta always get your Chiarelli shot in, eh. f*** you guys are basic.

PP has been flawed since Woodcroft has owned it. Set up on the right half-wall and pass it around until the seam opens up. It's the easiest one to defend.

Keep ragging on the GM for all the 'crappy' players he has, but I'll continue commenting on what happens in these games like an educated hockey fan who doesn't look to the sky every time the team starts to suck. Hey, at least your buddy Ebs will have some old buds to tee off with next week.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
McDavid and Khaira can stay everyone else in this pathetic organization can take a hike.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Colorado did

And when is the rebound fairy coming to Edmonton? You sure that's a guarantee?

Colorado is also having an Erik Karlsson like season from Tyson Barrie (scoring at a 70 point pace). Feel free to do that any time, any Oiler d-man.

Colorado also missed the playoffs 3 years too. And they might not even make it this year.

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Hey, at least your buddy Ebs will have some old buds to tee off with next week.
And another twenty goal, sixty point season to add to his resume.
Meanwhile we have Woody and Johnson and McLellan (and I'm not disputing that the lot of them have been terrible) and cap space. Well we had cap space. We can kiss that goodbye for next season. All of the above brought to us, the fans, by Peter Chiarelli.

Reactions: Aerrol

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
No offense man but what gives you optimism for next year? If GM and Coach are gone, nothing is going to make us better. Are we magically going to get a great starter? NHL wingers? Is Lucic going to retire? Is Drai going to give 2 million back?

I'm not arguing for GM to be gone. I probably agree with you.

It feels like Koala has lost the room so he needs to go.

I've argued repeatedly for a 1B to push Talbot. Maybe Talbot gets his groove back or someone like a Cam Ward resurrects his career here.

If Looch can drop 25 pounds he might not looks so slow.

If there is not optimism for next season why even watch the team at all?

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad