Post-Game Talk: 5 losses in a row

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Lucic makes me actually ill, what a horrible signing that was. This GM destroyed us for many years. Cant wait to watch Hall win the hart. In three years this guy traded 2 Top line players for nothing, a pick that could have drafted Barzal and signed Lucic, Drai and Russel to horrid contracts. Literally this gm is the worst gm in NHL history, combined with this horrible coach and his horrible minions, never been so depressed in Oilers history, we are going to ruin Connors career. I hope he demands a trade, he does not deserve this.

Most of all this Owner is the main reason for all of this, hiring his friends non stop over and over again, absolute loser and nothing will change over the summer.

A Minnesota fan asked me what is the problem in Edmonton . Best answer was the following. It basically goes like this;

After the cup run in 06, Pronger demanded a trade. We got pesos on the dollar in the trade. They went thru coaches until they got Kruger. Kruger seemed well liked by the players and had them playing good so MacT Skyped him and fired him with wonder boy Eakins. Eakins was mercifully fired down the road after a disaster and replaced with Todd Nelson. Nelson was liked by the players and had them playing good but was replaced by Todd MacLellan who couldn’t win with a great SAN Jose team. Chiarelli has gutted our team with very questionable decisions.

The Minnesota fan then said “ Why did you hire Chiarelli after his mess in Boston?”

My answer “ Because that is the Edmonton thing “

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I agree with the no more gambling on rookies thing. Which is why I would have liked to see jp in the top 6 down the stretch to see if he could reliable fill a top 6 winger spot next season. Instead though Todd decides that cagguila, aberg, rattie, cammy, and lucic should be utilized in the top 6 until the end of the year.

Like, why not play the top 5 draft pick who’s 19 years old in a position he was drafted to fill during meaningless games to see if he can grow into it. Why are we playing 25-35 year olds who are pretty well developed and known commodities in the top 6.

If you could figure out MacLellans coaching strategy, you are the new Stephen Hawkins

Reactions: frag2

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
That Lucic back-check though. I won't bother describing what I mean. You already know which one I mean.
Not really because this game induced raging narcolepsy. I literally fell asleep 16 times in this game. I often try to catch myself and try to prevent this from happening but just let the sleep ride, needed that more than another Oilers game.

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
JP would get benched/dropped back to the bottom 6 if he went even half close to that. Just brilliant "coaching" by the idiot coaches.

Rattie has come back down to earth and he is what he is. Nothing special. If McDavid sets him up for a gimmie he can bury it, but he's not creating anything on his own. With that being said, JP has been seriously nothing special. Last night's game he was brutal. Could make a pass, couldn't catch a pass. Couldn't do anything. I agree with it being unfair to plop Rattie on the first line, but JP hasn't done anything to earn that chance either. And don't say anything about his linemates. He's gotta bring something to the table to make a difference and seriously he's barely done that for most of the season. His level of compete is somewhat concerning.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Hall for Larsson, Eberle for Strome, and picks for Reinhart. We were legitimately strong in scoring on our wing, and Chiarelli single-handily destroyed it. How he keeps his job is beyond me. Just a putrid ****ing GM that absolutely has no negotiations ability.

Also **** McLellan and Woodcroft for making a PP that has the best player in the world in a dead last position.

SO SIGN THEM ALL TO 5 YR EXTENSIONS EACH?

STAY THE COURSE!!!! DIDN'T THEY SAY THAT ON THE TITANTIC?

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Rattie, Aberg and Caggiula should have no business being in the top 6 next season. If you count RNH as a winger now then we have 3 top 6 spots to fill. I was hop No they’d use JP during garbage time as a trial so we know what he have for next season.

I can't for the life of me think why Puju is not out there in top 6 or PP. Anyone have an answer?

Jeff Lebowski

Jan 12, 2008
Going out with a whimper. B'bye McLellan. Can't wait to get a coach that is able to breathe life into this team instead of sucking the life out of it.

Reactions: PulYou

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
If they aren’t going to use JP in the top 6 then they should just put him in the AHL. In a perfect world Yamamoto will be in the AHL also but with our cap situation for next season I expect both of them to be in the lineup full time.

I would like JP in the top 6 as well but I just don’t think he will get that chance and if he needs another year to develop and get more sheltered mins, I’m okay with that. Let him force his way into the top 6. I’m a huge fan of his and believe a lot in him but his play as of late has not been good. I do blame Mclellan for some of it but it falls a lot on puju himself too. With that said though, I think he will have a strong year next year and prove many people wrong.

Reactions: PulYou

mouz135

Apr 27, 2013
But Rattie and Aberg have? They both went from below average AHL seasons to players Nah with Mcdavid or Draisaitl and PP time.
....and that's why your coach is a moron. Those 2 haven't deserved it either.

PulYou

Feb 16, 2018
....and that's why your coach is a moron. Those 2 haven't deserved it either.

On the other hand I understand the coach (team) wanting to see how would Rattie or Åberg fit the team.

On the other hand I fail to to understand, because You are willing to risk Your prospect's developement. And TMac did know there were problem's in Pulju's confidence, but he chose to ignore it - or so at least it looks like.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I think the theme here is "damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead"
220px-TomPetty&theHeartbreakersDamntheTorpedoes.jpg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
On the other hand I understand the coach (team) wanting to see how would Rattie or Åberg fit the team.

On the other hand I fail to to understand, because You are willing to risk Your prospect's developement. And TMac did know there were problem's in Pulju's confidence, but he chose to ignore it - or so at least it looks like.

How does playing with McD automatically solve a players confidence problems? Even players as good as Eberle, or Lucic, who have both scored 30 goal seasons had their confidence basically destroyed by playing longterm with McD and blowing so many scoring chances. The exact same would happen to Pulju with the exception that Jesse has never established a comfortable level of play in the NHL. He has basically never even found his NHL game yet and theres these arguments to put him with the best playr in the world for more minutes and that this would somehow make him look like Laine..

PulYou

Feb 16, 2018
How does playing with McD automatically solve a players confidence problems? Even players as good as Eberle, or Lucic, who have both scored 30 goal seasons had their confidence basically destroyed by playing longterm with McD and blowing so many scoring chances. The exact same would happen to Pulju with the exception that Jesse has never established a comfortable level of play in the NHL. He has basically never even found his NHL game yet and theres these arguments to put him with the best playr in the world for more minutes and that this would somehow make him look like Laine..

I think at the moment You are very right. Pulju's confidence seems to be very low now and putting him in the same line with Connor would probably do no favours for him. At the moment it could just deepen his low confidence.

So answer to Your question, this no way would be an automatic answer to Pulju's confidence issues. My complaint goes further. There was a time, when this could have been avoided. To avoid further scarring, keep Pulju where he is at the moment. I think for now there is nothing to be gained...

Reactions: Drivesaitl

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Rattie has come back down to earth and he is what he is. Nothing special. If McDavid sets him up for a gimmie he can bury it, but he's not creating anything on his own. With that being said, JP has been seriously nothing special. Last night's game he was brutal. Could make a pass, couldn't catch a pass. Couldn't do anything. I agree with it being unfair to plop Rattie on the first line, but JP hasn't done anything to earn that chance either. And don't say anything about his linemates. He's gotta bring something to the table to make a difference and seriously he's barely done that for most of the season. His level of compete is somewhat concerning.

We have a guy in Lucic who's scored one even strength goal in 43 games, and one PPG since December, despite having top first minutes on the PP. Then Strome who I believe has scored 3 points in his last 15 games (1 goal, 2 assists), with the 4th overall pick from 2016 and some folks are surprised about JP not finding success with those two? Who the hell could find success with a player who got straddled to the best player in the world and still couldn't score one damn goal. Even if people don't agree with having him out there with McDavid yet, he's not having the damn opportunity to succeed. Meanwhile guys like Tolvanen and Donato get PP minutes under their respective teams. Talk about teams and coaches actually knowing how to place their rookies in spots to succeed, while the Oilers do the same shit every single season.

Reactions: PGW and PulYou

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad