WC: 2023 Germany Roster Talk

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
It's pretty random who you register with the first selection. More players will be registered tomorrow and I'm pretty sure Seidel is one of them.
Is he with the team yet? If not that could be why.

I'm interested in why only 9 forwards were registered.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Is he with the team yet? If not that could be why.

I'm interested in why only 9 forwards were registered.
As I said, this is just pretty random. You just have to register 15 skaters initially.
As far as I know Seider is with the team since Tuesday.

kalle wirsch

May 29, 2015
Let's play a prediction game: Top 3 Point Predictions for the tournament for German players?
Feel free to add any reasoning also if needed.

Example:

1. Seider 2+9 = 11 pts
2. Peterka 7+2 = 9 pts
3. Tiffels 3+4 = 7 pts
Kahun 5+7
Noebels 2+7
Peterka 5+4

Reactions: Poiquets

Giguere27

Feb 4, 2006
Bavaria
Seider and some forwards have been registered.

Not registered at the moment are:
GK Franzreb
D Gawanke
FW Varejcka
FW Wiederer

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
If Philip Samuelsson and Andreas Thuresson was germans, would they be good enough to take a roster spot on this team?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
If Philip Samuelsson and Andreas Thuresson was germans, would they be good enough to take a roster spot on this team?

Tough question. Extremely hard to tell.

Are they "good enough"? Of course.

But is that the direction the national team is going in?

The youth movement is on. Just look at how many established German DELers aren't part of this event in Tampere, regardless of for what reason.

Also, depends on what the coach's vision is.

Germany is looking really good. What is the likelihood of Draisaitl joining if the Oilers get knocked out

Guess we'll be finding out soon enough.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
What’s the point of not registering Gawanke?

In general, teams seem to leave those last few spots open until a guy is definitely there and the coach wants to suit him up.

Just leaves flexibility in case, for any reason, a guy shouldn't be able to go.

Luke Tuch of the US didn't get registered until yesterday against Hungary, when Farrell was left of out of the line-up because he took a 3-hour exam for his Harvard degree the night before. However, Tuch was already with the team the whole time and played in the test game against Germany last Tuesday.

Mogi

May 4, 2018
Yes, and Grubauer is available as well. With Grubauer, Seider and Draisaitl they'd argubaly have the best goalie, defender and forward in the tournament. They'd be one of the favorites for the gold
Grubauer honestly has been pretty bad, DeSmith is even a better goalie and Vejmelka probably too if he did not play in Arizona.

• Haha
Reactions: GermanRocket7

Miqlis

May 11, 2023

Reindl87

May 18, 2012
Not suprised at all to be honest. Draisatil has developed one huge diva attitude over the last couple of years.
National teams should be strict here. If players don`t join, they absolutey should not be on the Olympics roster in 2026 either. That cherry pciking by the NHL divas is not acceptable.

Reactions: Lauro

EHCler

May 9, 2003
Visit site
its a shame but Leon has shown in the past passion to play for Germany so all good, played long season including playoffs, so very close time frame.

For some other players (no playoffs) or early season end I do not have the same understanding, we are talking about 4-5 players here. Teams not alloing players to participate is for me a no go. One thing that actually shoul be adopted from football.
And those I would not priotice for the Olympics.

I am happy with the team as it is, we where more than competitive against the 3 big boys in the group. Annoying that we have nothing to show for that yet.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Not suprised at all to be honest. Draisatil has developed one huge diva attitude over the last couple of years.
National teams should be strict here. If players don`t join, they absolutey should not be on the Olympics roster in 2026 either. That cherry pciking by the NHL divas is not acceptable.
Yeah atleast if they never say yes. I can understand injuries and not feeling like going across the pond five minutes to (and sometimes after midnight) every single year. I understand not every one can be the national teams knight in shining armour like Nylander or OEL for Sweden, but when you always find an excuse and they just get sillier and sillier like Erik Karlsson for example. Then maybe you don’t deserve to play when all the cool kids are there either.

In Sweden we call this ”ursäkternas årstid” literally the season of excuses.

Reactions: Reindl87

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
its a shame but Leon has shown in the past passion to play for Germany so all good, played long season including playoffs, so very close time frame.

For some other players (no playoffs) or early season end I do not have the same understanding, we are talking about 4-5 players here. Teams not alloing players to participate is for me a no go. One thing that actually shoul be adopted from football.
And those I would not priotice for the Olympics.

I am happy with the team as it is, we where more than competitive against the 3 big boys in the group. Annoying that we have nothing to show for that yet.
They just need to start scoring goals, Germany was better in most of these matches as well. With 4th place finish they will be looking at Swiss or Canada in QF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad