WC: 2023 Germany Roster Talk

krishiigonzalez

Jun 22, 2019
Berlin
Couldn't find a thread so I created one. Yesterday the new coach Harold Kreis nominated this group for the first round of WC-preparation:

Pos.Nr.NameVornameGeb.Dat.Verein 2022/23
GK45AncickaTobias27.02.2001Eisbären Berlin
GK36BuglFlorian14.05.2002Straubing Tigers
GK37FranzrebMaximilian18.08.1996Fischtown Pinguins
DF88FohrlerTobias06.09.1997HC Ambrì-Piotta
DF6KarrerJulius06.06.2000Nürnberg Ice Tigers
DF68MebusOliver30.06.1993Nürnberg Ice Tigers
DF12MikEric28.02.2000Eisbären Berlin
DF41MüllerJonas19.11.1995Eisbären Berlin
DF11NowakMarco23.07.1990Eisbären Berlin
DF64WeberMarcus02.11.1992Nürnberg Ice Tigers
DF47WirthMoritz10.06.1999Fischtown Pinguins
DF52ZimmermannMario26.04.2001Straubing Tigers
FW26BokkDominik03.02.2000Löwen Frankfurt
FW17EderTobias04.03.1998Düsseldorfer EG
FW40EhlAlexander28.11.1999Düsseldorfer EG
FW77FischbuchDaniel19.08.1993Düsseldorfer EG
FW19FleischerTim29.09.2000Nürnberg Ice Tigers
FW49KammererMaximilian28.09.1996Kölner Haie
FW63KarachunAlexander03.03.1995Schwenninger Wild Wings
FW51LeonhardtDanjo22.08.2002Nürnberg Ice Tigers
FW55LobachDennis11.03.2000Nürnberg Ice Tigers
FW92NoebelsMarcel14.03.1992Eisbären Berlin
FW44SamanskiJoshua22.03.2002Straubing Tigers
FW25SchmölzDaniel25.01.1992Nürnberg Ice Tigers
FW28SoramiesSamuel30.06.1998Augsburger Panther
FW62TuomieParker31.10.1995Straubing Tigers
FW56WiedererManuel21.11.1996Eisbären Berlin

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Could Germany have their best possible NT in this WC? All germans in NHL have contract and all of them outside of Dr.Drai will miss the playoffs. And we all know Oilers will fail in the cup, that will make Dr.Drai free to join. Should be enough to battle for the gold.

Reactions: Czechboy

krishiigonzalez

Jun 22, 2019
Berlin
Grubauer will play with the Kraken. Stützle and Seider made questionable comments regarding participation in the WC. Guess Reichel has to play AHL-playoffs if the Icehogs qualify. Same with Gawanke and Wissmann. Could imagine only Peterka and Sturm come over, maybe Reichel, Wissmann and Gawanke after getting eliminated.

Draiseistu99

Jan 11, 2023
Last what i read was that Kreis doesn't have any commitents from the NA players yet, but is optimistic that they will come if 100% healthy. But of course Ottawa will be cautious to send Stützle after last years injury. I`m hoping that Reichel doesn`t have to play AHL playoffs, if Chicago wanted him down there he should have been sent down weeks ago to secure the playoff spot.

But we probably wont see Drai, Grubauer, Wissmann and Gawanke because they will likely get past the first playoff rounds.

Same goes for Napravnik who barely played this season in Hershey but it seems he picked up the pace in the last weeks. Maybe we could see Münzenberger nominated? Does anyone know how he is developing?

Anyway, this would be my realistic lineup, considering anyone who is out of the playoffs is healthy, i will put a extra skater in for every (?): Lines in no particular order...

Reichel (?) - Stützle (?) - Peterka
Rieder (?) - Sturm - Kühnhackl (?)
Bokk - Noebels - Ehliz
Kammerer - Plachta - Schmölz
A.Eder- Tiffels - Höfflin

Extras for (?): Fischbuch, Loibl, T.Eder, Schinko

Seider - J.Müller
Hüttl - Brandt (?)
Daubner - Fohrler
Mik

(?): Abeltshauser or Holzer

Niederberger
Strahlmeier
Tiefensee or Franzreb

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Last what i read was that Kreis doesn't have any commitents from the NA players yet, but is optimistic that they will come if 100% healthy. But of course Ottawa will be cautious to send Stützle after last years injury. I`m hoping that Reichel doesn`t have to play AHL playoffs, if Chicago wanted him down there he should have been sent down weeks ago to secure the playoff spot.

But we probably wont see Drai, Grubauer, Wissmann and Gawanke because they will likely get past the first playoff rounds.

Same goes for Napravnik who barely played this season in Hershey but it seems he picked up the pace in the last weeks. Maybe we could see Münzenberger nominated? Does anyone know how he is developing?

Anyway, this would be my realistic lineup, considering anyone who is out of the playoffs is healthy, i will put a extra skater in for every (?): Lines in no particular order...

Reichel (?) - Stützle (?) - Peterka
Rieder (?) - Sturm - Kühnhackl (?)
Bokk - Noebels - Ehliz
Kammerer - Plachta - Schmölz
A.Eder- Tiffels - Höfflin

Extras for (?): Fischbuch, Loibl, T.Eder, Schinko

Seider - J.Müller
Hüttl - Brandt (?)
Daubner - Fohrler
Mik

(?): Abeltshauser or Holzer

Niederberger
Strahlmeier
Tiefensee or Franzreb

I would probably have Kahun over most of the forwards, Michaelis is injured, I believe, otherwise I'd have him there too.
Too bad Pföderl is out, his chemistry with Noebels is just beautiful.

Reactions: krishiigonzalez

krishiigonzalez

Jun 22, 2019
Berlin
Reichel will go back to Rockford after tonights game as it’s reported by some Twitter guys. We will see if they will qualify for the Playoffs, I hope not.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
I doubt that Ottawa let's Stuetzle play after what happened last year but this team is shaping up nicely anyway.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think Reichel missed the U20s due to COVID. Timmy and JJ were playing with Florian Elias if I recall correctly.

The first one where Ferraro referred to them as Team Full Cage, Bokk lead them in scoring, Hane got most of the starts in Czechia. 2020?

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
The first one where Ferraro referred to them as Team Full Cage, Bokk lead them in scoring, Hane got most of the starts in Czechia. 2020?
I see, I believe they at least started out on different lines there as well. I think it was Reichel with Bokk and Jentzsch or Fleischer, and Peterka with Stützle and Schütz.

I just went and took a look at the line ups for the games in this tournament and if the official line ups are correct the lines were:

For the games USA (3-6 L); CZE (4-3 W); CAN (1-4 L)
Jentzsch - Reichel - Bokk
Stützle - Schütz - Peterka

For the games RUS (1-6 L); KAZ (4-0 W)
Jentzsch - Schütz - Bokk
Stützle - Reichel - Peterka

Then Stützle was out for the remaining games KAZ (1-4 L); KAZ (6-0) and Brune took his spot next to Reichel and Peterka.

But I think they may have already jumbled the lines a bit in the first 3 games, which was likely why they made the switch before the Russia game.

But be that as it may, whenever those three have played together it was very special and very reminiscent of the times when Draisaitl and Kahun played with either Rieder or Tiffels. With both groups it was so weirdly different, that they were actually able to dominate when they were on the ice, and not just against our equals, but even against teams like Canada, USA or Czechia.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
No Stützle, which sucks, but isn't really surprising. Also, no Holzer and no Plachta.

The team we could make from the players who declined is shaping up quite nicely. Unfortunately we can't say the same for the team that will actually be playing. Our goalies better be sharp.

Reactions: Kleefeld

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
No Stützle, which sucks, but isn't really surprising. Also, no Holzer and no Plachta.

The team we could make from the players who declined is shaping up quite nicely. Unfortunately we can't say the same for the team that will actually be playing. Our goalies better be sharp.

Is it confirmed that Stützle isn't coming?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00