WC: 2023 Germany Roster Talk

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Important win. Very dominant 2nd period, cannot remember something like this against a top10 team. Almost everything thrown away but first time some luck this tourney with the shot of JMüller (and obviously bad goaltending). Man I was yelling at Peterka when he tried to get the shot away in the PP instead of just letting the puck go around. Almost as bad as Seidenbergs decision making with 1 minute left in the Olympic final.

Peterka's decision making has been a little suspect overall this tournament. I am not too worried about it, because it's likely just him, being as young as he is, struggling with the fact that everyone seems to expect him to be "the guy" for this team, at least on offense.
So, I give him a little more leeway than Seidenberg back then.

Before he scored his goal, I was yelling at him for once again trying to force a pass through a lane that just wasn't there, which resulted in them having to leave the offensive zone. Of course as I was shouting at my screen, he decides to just skate the puck back in and scoring by himself.

Huusko

Dec 23, 2020
I was impressed today in the game against Austria by Justin Schütz and Stachowiak!

KahunWOW

Apr 14, 2006
Germany
I know 1-2 guys on the german hfboards were really high on Stachowiak since many years, but he really looks like a NHL player now in my eyes.
Mark Stone clone.

Last edited:

jaro

Mar 31, 2018
if Germany take a gold Stuetzle and Draisaitl maybe will be sad that they didnt go there and play

Draiseistu99

Jan 11, 2023
I have to say what a great suprise this tournament has been. Of course the player quality is better than 10 years ago, but i still thought that we would see a regression under Kreis, like under Kölliker and Cortina. Like many others i found some squad decisions questionable, but you could see from the first game that there was something there and the success pretty much shows what a great cohesion the squad has. Every line looks dangerous and is contributing.

There is to much good to say about all players, but i just wanna point out again how good Stachowiak is. I knew he is a good DEL player but what an impact on the international level. And Sturm is such a amazing player, he literally does everything. I'm still dreaming about an Kühnhackl - Sturm - Rieder line in an best-on-best tournament, the grind would be of the charts.

On defense: How the f**k got Wissmann benched for so many games in Provdence? I can#t believe that he hasn't the talent for the NHL. Seider is doing Seider things to, but he still plays with NA toughness. The major today was such a stupid penalty to take, but i think it helped that every other player had an focus on defending after that.

The only little disapointment is, that Hüttl wasn't convinving in his games. I thought for sure that he would have a break out tournament. But he still young and many World Cups to come for him.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Not only is NHL players missing but also some top players from DEL such as Ehliz, Bokk, Plachta etc + Michaelis which makes what Germany have done in this tournament even more suprising. DEL players are underated.

A best on best Germany team right now is really strong. Not on level of Canada, USA, Russia, Finland, but just as good as the Czechs, Slovaks, Swiss and Swedes imo.

Michaelis - Draisaitl - Kahun
Reichel - Stützle - Peterka
Plachta - Noebels - Ehliz
Rieder - Sturm - Kühnhackl
Bokk, Stachowiak

Hüttl - Seider
M.Muller - Wissmann
J.Muller - Gawanke

Grubauer, Niederberger, Strahlmeier

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I have to say what a great suprise this tournament has been. Of course the player quality is better than 10 years ago, but i still thought that we would see a regression under Kreis, like under Kölliker and Cortina. Like many others i found some squad decisions questionable, but you could see from the first game that there was something there and the success pretty much shows what a great cohesion the squad has. Every line looks dangerous and is contributing.

There is to much good to say about all players, but i just wanna point out again how good Stachowiak is. I knew he is a good DEL player but what an impact on the international level. And Sturm is such a amazing player, he literally does everything. I'm still dreaming about an Kühnhackl - Sturm - Rieder line in an best-on-best tournament, the grind would be of the charts.

On defense: How the f**k got Wissmann benched for so many games in Provdence? I can#t believe that he hasn't the talent for the NHL. Seider is doing Seider things to, but he still plays with NA toughness. The major today was such a stupid penalty to take, but i think it helped that every other player had an focus on defending after that.

The only little disapointment is, that Hüttl wasn't convinving in his games. I thought for sure that he would have a break out tournament. But he still young and many World Cups to come for him.

I also had hoped for more from Hüttl, but maybe he has just played too much hockey this season. Making it all the way to the finals, averaging almost 26 minutes per game is a lot, and quite the jump from last year. His tank could be pretty empty.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I am impressed that the news of Germany making it to the final actually bumped down the coverage of the Bundesliga final on sportschau.de.
I was so shockey I had to take a screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    645.6 KB · Views: 2

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: