WC: 2023 Czech Team

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006

FTR... if Hadamczak thinks Jalonen should go then I think he should stay!

I hate Hadamczak.. the fact he has a job with us is enfuriating! He's a lying, calculating and self centred man.

He was losing with unreal rosters. He was the one that started the trend of playing his fav Euro goalie over the NHL one. He was the one that started not bringing big players and favoring no names. Barinka over Hejda. At U18... Barinka over Mysak.

He's brutal and a big part of our decline. He was successful when we still had a strong talent pool (Vyborny led silver aside).

Yes, he did all that so our hockey establishment made him their leader :)

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Yes, he did all that so our hockey establishment made him their leader :)
Expanding the league was hillarious! Everyone agreed we needed to trim it down.. here comes Loyza!

Also, his reports are all about accounting and auditing... Like I get the extraliga owners are corrupt assholes.. it's not lost on me at all. But I'm more concerned about a good JR program and a good spot for 18 to 22 year olds to stay and develop here. Only one I can think of doing that today is Michal Krutil.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
1685224071272.png

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
How perspectives change. When we lost against Latvia, I could not believe it, but now I wonder how we even managed to get a point against them, when I see how much better they play against Canada and now the US than we did! Currently Latvia 2- USA 2.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
What a surprising sets of statistics! Who knew that the NHL starter would end up topping all statistics? Certainly not the coaches, apparently. Weirdly, everyone on an ice hockey forum posting in the middle of the night from home seemed to know. But Kari and Zdenek were sure we didn’t have a clear number 1.
'A normal 3 goalie rotation'. Still can't think of another nation or tournament where this is done.lol.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
How perspectives change. When we lost against Latvia, I could not believe it, but now I wonder how we even managed to get a point against them, when I see how much better they play against Canada and now the US than we did! Currently Latvia 2- USA 2.
NHL goalie!lol.

Seriously though... Wow. Good for them! Wide open tournament and Latvia and Germany stepped up. We did not.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Half of the Latvian team plays or played in the extra league. That's okay, we just played terrible hockey. I would compare it again to how literally f***ed up hockey we played at U18, because we supposedly had nothing more to do. While the Slovaks played fearlessly, they earned the admiration of others and the players advanced significantly in their careers.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Half of the Latvian team plays or played in the extra league. That's okay, we just played terrible hockey. I would compare it again to how literally f***ed up hockey we played at U18, because we supposedly had nothing more to do. While the Slovaks played fearlessly, they earned the admiration of others and the players advanced significantly in their careers.
Yeah thats the most frustrating and infuriating thing lol.

We are making excuses od how injuries destroyed us that the team was simply weak this year. Bs lol, we still had better team then Latvians or Germans on the paper And look where they are, and more importantly look at the game they are presenting themselves this year. Absolutely uncomparable with that shit we were playing.

No, more and more I am convinced it had nothing to do with the "quality" of the team, but the main problem is simply that terrible passive and defensive style we were forced to play. Once again, even at last years wch with stacked team, IT didnt looked much better.

If we dont change the coach, it will be the same even in Prague, mark my words

Reactions: 1989 and Goodman68

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah thats the most frustrating and infuriating thing lol.

We are making excuses od how injuries destroyed us that the team was simply weak this year. Bs lol, we still had better team then Latvians or Germans on the paper And look where they are, and more importantly look at the game they are presenting themselves this year. Absolutely uncomparable with that shit we were playing.

No, more and more I am convinced it had nothing to do with the "quality" of the team, but the main problem is simply that terrible passive and defensive style we were forced to play. Once again, even at last years wch with stacked team, IT didnt looked much better.

If we dont change the coach, it will be the same even in Prague, mark my words
My proof of this is that damn Olympic team. We had cervus and Krejci at a tourney with no NHLers or AHLers and got killed. That was a very competitive roster on paper. We blamed Pesan for that one but roster wise I recall thinking it was very good. 2018 had Kubalik and francouz... Nothing.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Aaand yes another round of Kari bashing! 8th place in rankings, worst in Czech hockey history! and behind Germany and Switzerland.

Why there is still no article in the news, that he was fired???

Reactions: Goodman68

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
I think the style of our U18 team a d possibly the team at the Skodas this year can only be described as “pripodesrany”.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Oh here it is ... good, he may actually really be fired and all the staff with him, which imo is much more important, then fire Jalonen. They are the real pain and cancer this team had.

Dont like the part about Hadamzcik personally step up as the coach, that would be no improvement whatsoever lol. Also it will send a very bad signal into the czech hockey public if they fire him. Majority stands by Kari, I absolutelly cant understand why, but it is what it is.

Hadamczik and Dedek will definitely not gain any sympathy here lol, they will be even more hated. But it must be done. I dont like either of them, but agree with them on this one.

Bring Rulik or Jandac or canadian coach. Those are only viable options which can send our hockey in the right direction.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Just steal Craig Ramsay from Slovakia lol. Plays aggressive skating game and gives young players actual chance, so like, the complete opposite of Jalonen.
I was going to say exactly that. Or another Canadian coach with a good track record - they will respect and fully understand the value of the AHL and give young players a chance.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I was going to say exactly that. Or another Canadian coach with a good track record - they will respect and fully understand the value of the AHL and give young players a chance.
I think Jandac is also capable of giving young guys from AHL chance, but I am also favouring canadian coach, that would be the best in this situation, but sadly not gonna happen,

Reactions: Old Man Jags

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Oh here it is ... good, he may actually really be fired and all the staff with him, which imo is much more important, then fire Jalonen. They are the real pain and cancer this team had.

Dont like the part about Hadamzcik personally step up as the coach, that would be no improvement whatsoever lol. Also it will send a very bad signal into the czech hockey public if they fire him. Majority stands by Kari, I absolutelly cant understand why, but it is what it is.

Hadamczik and Dedek will definitely not gain any sympathy here lol, they will be even more hated. But it must be done. I dont like either of them, but agree with them on this one.

Bring Rulik or Jandac or canadian coach. Those are only viable options which can send our hockey in the right direction.
I still remember his last senior appearance.. it did not go well and he got smashed by the media. I couldn't stand him so I enjoyed the smashing. Afterwards he comes out and says he's a fan of Czech hockey just like anyone else and he doesn't understand all the criticism.

Now look what he's doing to Kari with his very public tweet about explaining himself.

Hypocrite.

And yeah, zero shock if he does name himself the head coach. It's in Prague and he could try to show the world what a great coach he is 20 years after he was no longer even a good coach. His peak had a very different talent pool.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I still remember his last senior appearance.. it did not go well and he got smashed by the media. I couldn't stand him so I enjoyed the smashing. Afterwards he comes out and says he's a fan of Czech hockey just like anyone else and he doesn't understand all the criticism.

Now look what he's doing to Kari with his very public tweet about explaining himself.

Hypocrite.

And yeah, zero shock if he does name himself the head coach. It's in Prague and he could try to show the world what a great coach he is 20 years after he was no longer even a good coach. His peak had a very different talent pool.
Yeah it would be a terrible choice, hopefully reason will win and coach will be at least someone competent, but we are in czech rep. so who knows lol.

What I believe is that public would eat Hadamzcik alive if he fires Kari and then names himself coach, so thats something he will not want to risk. At least I hope lol.

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018

Second time they've shown Cervus to be a Top 5 skater speed wise... was there not a chip on Flek?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Blows my theory right up!haha. And a lot of them were D.lol.
then the problem was who jalonen picked from extraliga. he choosed gritty pylons as dvorak and Nemecek instead of skilled defenders.

Petr Zamorsky should have been choosen instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad