Did Marchand get punched or wrecked clean? (MOD NOTICE post #175)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
There are two. Neither show the contact. Logic is required.
What is this logical conclusion based on though. There’s zero evidence of a punch. To me, from what we can see, Marchand skates into contact and got the worst of it. It wasn’t even that nasty of a play

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
You can legitimately search YouTube for “Marchand sucker punch” and there’s at minimum 4 different legitimate sucker punches Marchand has thrown. Not this freeze frame/analyze every second garbage.

He’s a clown. I don’t feel bad.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
What is this logical conclusion based on though. There’s zero evidence of a punch. To me, from what we can see, Marchand skates into contact and got the worst of it. It wasn’t even that nasty of a play
It’s kinda like when a puck crosses the goal line, and then a goalie covers it. No, you can’t see the puck so there’s no way to say for sure where it is. But everybody knows it’s there. Logic required.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Touching his face? That earned Maroon a misconduct the other night.

I can’t tell the intent. Knowing everything we both know about these two players, I’m not sure how else I’m supposed to interpret the play when there’s clearly a punching motion, and the punch lands on Marchands face. I’m not saying he’s trying to maim the guy, but he’s not doing this to hug him either
Maroon got tossed because he started shit while the puck was not in play.
Cousins probably called him Fat Pat to set him off, so he also got a misconduct.

• Haha
Reactions: TD Charlie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
You can legitimately search YouTube for “Marchand sucker punch” and there’s at minimum of 4 different legitimate sucker punches Marchand has thrown. Not this freeze frame/analyze ever second garbage.

He’s a dick. For sure. Still hilarious watching people defend a guy who is really no different than Marchand, when the video clip is all over the thread

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
It's a play that's very tough to see in real time. If you're a ref, unless you're right there it'll be very difficult to pick up. Same for the bench. It's only going to get caught in review more than likely. And we all know DOPS doesn't care. Half of the dirty plays that occur in the game that get former players, coaches, refs, etc. irate don't even get a review from Parros and crew.

There's dozens to hundreds of examples of this just from this season alone.

Let's stop pretending that they care. Nobody who actually watches the game and has for years thinks the job they do is even remotely acceptable.
Marchand would’ve known, right? He didn’t go back after Bennett later in the game. Maybe he just decided he didn’t want any of that smoke, decided he’d save it for if Barkov changed his mind :sarcasm:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
No call on the ice, no reaction on the bench, no hearing from DOPS, but sure we should just go with your opinion, lol why not

In real time, nobody saw it. But like others and I have said, bracing for a hit with your lead shoulder and whipping your far arm out in a punching motion at the same time isn't a normal reaction. I still can't see if the punch connects or not, but I see Marchand's head snap back and the way he got up afterwards suggests there was contact. But not enough there for the DOPS to go on without another angle.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
In real time, nobody saw it. But like others and I have said, bracing for a hit with your lead shoulder and whipping your far arm out in a punching motion at the same time isn't a normal reaction. I still can't see if the punch connects or not, but I see Marchand's head snap back and the way he got up afterwards suggests there was contact. But not enough there for the DOPS to go on without another angle.
I agree it's possible/likely he hits him, I just can't justify the rest of the jumping to conclusions without something more concrete. Bang bang play tough to assume anything.

Not that that is stopping anyone

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
It’s kinda like when a puck crosses the goal line, and then a goalie covers it. No, you can’t see the puck so there’s no way to say for sure where it is. But everybody knows it’s there. Logic required.
This is a good analogy and explains why the NHL didn't punish anyone. You can't count a goal you can't see, even if it logically was in. You can't suspend a player for a punch you can't see even if logic says it happened.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Marchand would’ve known, right? He didn’t go back after Bennett later in the game. Maybe he just decided he didn’t want any of that smoke, decided he’d save it for if Barkov changed his mind :sarcasm:
Marchand was f***ed up. With this roster there’s a better chance of Pastrnak taking another fight than anybody else doing anything.

Reactions: BB79

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This is a good analogy and explains why the NHL didn't punish anyone. You can't count a goal you can't see, even if it logically was in. You can't suspend a player for a punch you can't see even if logic says it happened.
As a Jackets fan observing this thread, I feel compelled to respond to this with a reminder of the Wes Walz Pants incident, because yes of course we're still salty.

:proceeds to warn and threadban self for thread hijacking:

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
As a Jackets fan observing this thread, I feel compelled to respond to this with a reminder of the Wes Walz Pants incident, because yes of course we're still salty.

:proceeds to warn and threadban self for thread hijacking:
I was thinking most recently of the goal in the TOR-BOS series... I think game 7? Maybe 6? I'm pretty sure Toronto scored. But pretty sure isn't going to be called a goal in a playoff game.

But I get your point.

Reactions: Viqsi

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Marchand turns awkwardly causing the contact and Bennett awkward hit. Also, people are not acknowledging Marchand's fall into the boards rather heavily.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
This view shows that the Bs fan(s) upset that they also missed an icing call on the play are the ones who missed something.
I couldn’t care less about the icing?

Maybe the missed one from game 2 though haha

More upset if they thought it was a dirty play on the captain, they did absolutely nothing to Bennett to respond to it.

Pasta gotta go out and fight him too? Great job boys!

Either way, can’t win a playoff game showing up for ~8minutes

Call on Lauko was embarrassing as well. B’s finally show a pulse and get sent to the box when Ekblad pushed him in. Fun!

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I couldn’t care less about the icing?

Maybe the missed one from game 2 though haha

More upset if they thought it was a dirty play on the captain, they did absolutely nothing to Bennett to respond to it.

Pasta gotta go out and fight him too? Great job boys!

Either way, can’t win a playoff game showing up for ~8minutes

Call on Lauko was embarrassing as well. B’s finally show a pulse and get sent to the box when Ekblad pushed him in. Fun!
I didn’t say you did, just replied to you because the vid clip shows it.

Yes, bad bad call on the GI

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Marchand turns awkwardly causing the contact and Bennett awkward hit. Also, people are not acknowledging Marchand's fall into the boards rather heavily.

Awkward? He goes for a shoulder to shoulder. Bennett sees it coming and prepares. Up to that point, nothing was awkward about it. Marchand's body turns on body contact and the probable punch.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Awkward? He goes for a shoulder to shoulder. Bennett sees it coming and prepares. Up to that point, nothing was awkward about it. Marchand's body turns on body contact and the probable punch.

Marchand's turned it into a back shoulder-blade hit. It wasn't shoulder to shoulder squared off. He was cutting across the grain.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
His fist definitely made contact with Marchands face.
100%. Anyone who says otherwise is in denial because they hate Marchand.

You can legitimately search YouTube for “Marchand sucker punch” and there’s at minimum 4 different legitimate sucker punches Marchand has thrown. Not this freeze frame/analyze every second garbage.

None of them are nearly as hard as this one.

• Haha
Reactions: RCGP2 and BB79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad