WC: 2023 Czech Team

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
And I ask again... what makes Martin Havlat (one of my fav players growing up) qualified to do any of this? We need nerds not former NHLers!

He's a bastard.. he didn't hire him and he'll make him the scapegoat while talking about saving money on rental cars or whatever bullshit he keeps bringing up. Great divorce lawyer, awful hockey GM.

Firing the only Finn is brutal too!

As far as the other guys.. not sure what they did to be NT coaches either. Again, famous last names.

We are an old boys club just hiring our friends.

A good business plan:

A students hire A students and get out of their way and let them do their thing.

A bad business plan:

B students hire C students so that they are the smartest in the room.

We are definitely the latter.

FTR. It's not about Kari to me. I don't care if we fire him or keep him tbh. He's not my scapegoat. I definitely haven't enjoyed 80% of the matches he has coached at the last 2 worlds and man did I question some decisions at this tournament (no Galvas, Jasek, Vrana, 3 goalie rotation, Jordan paired with Zboril like an anchor, Knot benched for the same mistake Jordan/Dvorak made in the elimination game, youngest guy was Kaut, Svozil sent packing after 20 minutes)

I did read that Havlat is coming up with a Master Plan... we are over 100 years old and good at hockey (or at least were) with tonnes of history and we're still figuring it out. Basically our master plan is whatever the other nations did 5 years ago.lol We went from being different and unique with our mullets and mood swings to having zero identity.
More and more It feels like Havlat is a complete cancer. I never wanted anyone gone so much ever like him now lol ...

Forcing Jalonen to change the style of play would be a complete disaster, I dont think he is capable of doing so and he just will not know what to do with the team.

Keeping Jalonen would result in another terrible tournament, where we will struggle and get kicked out in QF (if we are not lucky and land Germans or someone again). I am sure of that, and the team would not matter, he will play this awfull shit even if got the best we can from NHL lol.

Firing Jalonen is sadly the only sensible option here. And of course mainly firing the whole staff with him. No one should be taking in account players opinon right now .. What will they do? They will refuse to play under lets say Rulik, cause they liked Jalonen better? I seriously doubt that.

At the same time the public should also be not taken into account whatsoever. Most of the "fans" supporting Jalonen probably watched only last years PO games and this years QF, they dont know shit nor they know what they are talking about. Lojza and the board just really need to show balls and go against public and fire the coach and staff, even though they gonna be hated.

But it will be a right move for the czech hockey. Next year especially beacuse its a home WCH, I want to see a fresh and hungry team, who will leave everything on the ice. Not those half dead sloths we got this year. With Jalonen we gonna have the sloths again, cause they fit good into his system, which is totally terrible.

BTW: Svozil was in allstar CHL team, and again praised from all sides how amazing he is, how he was great even in those few NHL/AHL games at the end of the season. But apparently its not enough for more then 9minutes in NT lol ...

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
More and more It feels like Havlat is a complete cancer. I never wanted anyone gone so much ever like him now lol ...

Forcing Jalonen to change the style of play would be a complete disaster, I dont think he is capable of doing so and he just will not know what to do with the team.

Keeping Jalonen would result in another terrible tournament, where we will struggle and get kicked out in QF (if we are not lucky and land Germans or someone again). I am sure of that, and the team would not matter, he will play this awfull shit even if got the best we can from NHL lol.

Firing Jalonen is sadly the only sensible option here. And of course mainly firing the whole staff with him. No one should be taking in account players opinon right now .. What will they do? They will refuse to play under lets say Rulik, cause they liked Jalonen better? I seriously doubt that.

At the same time the public should also be not taken into account whatsoever. Most of the "fans" supporting Jalonen probably watched only last years PO games and this years QF, they dont know shit nor they know what they are talking about. Lojza and the board just really need to show balls and go against public and fire the coach and staff, even though they gonna be hated.

But it will be a right move for the czech hockey. Next year especially beacuse its a home WCH, I want to see a fresh and hungry team, who will leave everything on the ice. Not those half dead sloths we got this year. With Jalonen we gonna have the sloths again, cause they fit good into his system, which is totally terrible.

BTW: Svozil was in allstar CHL team, and again praised from all sides how amazing he is, how he was great even in those few NHL/AHL games at the end of the season. But apparently its not enough for more then 9minutes in NT lol ...
Asking Kari to change his system is nonsense. He was hired because of that system!

Svozil has to be 24 to be put on the team. It's simple math. He was not 24... not worthy.haha

I kid of course but when you look at our D... I honestly would've preferred Musil on that squad as I think he's better than a bunch of them. There are a few I hope to never saw on NT again.lol

I still maintain our big issue is that we are ignoring about 40 guys. We have more depth than Slovakia, Switzerland, Germany and Latvia yet we are purpsoely ignoring about 40 players...

Basically everyone in AHL, NCAA and CHL need not apply. Those are all our best 18 to 24 year olds. Then even guys like Jasek weren't considered. Or Galvas. I know.. I know. I've said this all before.lol

Honestly, the thing I want to see the most is a mindset shift from Extraliga to AHL.

Give Kari this roster instead:

4 or 5 NHL guys
8 to 10 AHL guys
4 Extraliga guys (this year that would've been Kempny, Sedlak and pick 2 more)
Rest from NLA, SHL and LIIGA

That's it. Don't focus on 28 year old guys that are career Extraliga players who werent even drafted.

And don't tell your f***en NHL goalie that we don't have a 1 (unless we have 2 of them, I actually don't even want a 3rd NHL goalie on the roster but pick a young guy for 3). f*** right off with that shit!

• Wow
Reactions: Goodman68

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
4 or 5 NHL guys
8 to 10 AHL guys
Love this team composition, only thing maybe just switch the AHL with NHL guys and its perfect, but I know that landing 10 NHL guys can be very hard some years even for nations like Sweden which has over 100 of them in the NHL lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Love this team composition, only thing maybe just switch the AHL with NHL guys and its perfect, but I know that landing 10 NHL guys can be very hard some years even for nations like Sweden which has over 100 of them in the NHL lol
My ideal composition is ALL NHL guys and maybe Cervus or Kempny (today).

But 4 or 5 NHLers seems to be the max we get.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Fun read.

My big fear is the latvian medal with 8 extraligers. This will somehow be used as proof that the Extraliga is a great source of hockey players.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

The hits keep coming... The czechs have created the greatest insurance scam in history. No one is in charge of anything and everyone says it is someone else.

If you phoned the Czech NT you would be greeted with

Press 1 for English
Press 2 for Finnish
Press 3 for Czech

After that and some elevator music

Press 1 for forwards from Europe
Press 2 for forwards from NHL
Press 3 for goalies
Press 4 for pp
Press 5 for PK
Press 6 for the president
Press 7 for D deployment
Press 8 for extraliga information
Press 9 to find out what zidlicky does
Press 10 to find out where Haseks hall of fame stuff is

After you press 1 to 10. The system automatically hangs up on you.

Welcome to the NT where we have more people in charge then people on the actual team!

Reactions: Old Man Jags

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Fun read.

My big fear is the latvian medal with 8 extraligers. This will somehow be used as proof that the Extraliga is a great source of hockey players.lol
It could be, but you need to bring the top players from there lol too. Look who we left at home: Holik, Lakatos, Nestrasil, Radil, Stransky, Flynn, Najman, Kubik, Horky, Zdrahal etc ... and we brought Cernoch, Beranek, Vozenilek instead lol

Ok so from 9 players from our top 20 in scoring in elh eligible for nt (eg. not too overage, or already ended career in nt) we brought one lol (Tomasek), and instead we brough unproductive, average players and most of them from completely average or below average teams (like two guys from Vary seriously?) ...

Its like we didnt even wanted a succes this year and was doing everything to put together as weak team as possible lol.

Reactions: Czechboy

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Asking Kari to change his system is nonsense. He was hired because of that system!

Svozil has to be 24 to be put on the team. It's simple math. He was not 24... not worthy.haha

I kid of course but when you look at our D... I honestly would've preferred Musil on that squad as I think he's better than a bunch of them. There are a few I hope to never saw on NT again.lol

I still maintain our big issue is that we are ignoring about 40 guys. We have more depth than Slovakia, Switzerland, Germany and Latvia yet we are purpsoely ignoring about 40 players...

Basically everyone in AHL, NCAA and CHL need not apply. Those are all our best 18 to 24 year olds. Then even guys like Jasek weren't considered. Or Galvas. I know.. I know. I've said this all before.lol

Honestly, the thing I want to see the most is a mindset shift from Extraliga to AHL.

4 or 5 NHL guys
8 to 10 AHL guys

That's it. Don't focus on 28 year old guys that are career Extraliga players who werent even drafted.

And don't tell your f***en NHL goalie that we don't have a 1 (unless we have 2 of them, I actually don't even want a 3rd NHL goalie on the roster but pick a young guy for 3). f*** right off with that shit!
Sorry, I can't agree with such adoration of the Ahl compared to the European leagues. This is not primarily a matter of the European leagues being automatically weaker than the Ahl. How did you figure it out after all that? The problem is primarily in Jalohokej's crazy system. In nothing else.
All successes in Czech hockey were always with the contribution of players from European leagues. I agree that Ahl players should be included in the national team much more, such a Kulich is already better than the vast majority of European players. But this does not apply to all Ahl players. How many of those players who came back from the AHL are stars in Europe today?? We will automatically make a path to the national team for all these players, even though most similar players were never stars in the national team?? I repeat, the biggest problem is the coach. Both Latvians and Germans with players from European leagues played better hockey and achieved better results than our national team tied by tactics in every situation..

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sorry, I can't agree with such adoration of the Ahl compared to the European leagues. This is not primarily a matter of the European leagues being automatically weaker than the Ahl. How did you figure it out after all that? The problem is primarily in Jalohokej's crazy system. In nothing else.
All successes in Czech hockey were always with the contribution of players from European leagues. I agree that Ahl players should be included in the national team much more, such a Kulich is already better than the vast majority of European players. But this does not apply to all Ahl players. How many of those players who came back from the AHL are stars in Europe today?? We will automatically make a path to the national team for all these players, even though most similar players were never stars in the national team?? I repeat, the biggest problem is the coach. Both Latvians and Germans with players from European leagues played better hockey and achieved better results than our national team tied by tactics in every situation..
AHL Czechs in Europe - Kovar, Klok, Sklenicka, Moravcik, Chlapik, Stransky, Stransky, Spacek, Kempny, Jasek, Kundratek, Musil, Musil, D. Kase

Incoming next year and I think they will all be top guys: Frk, Galvas, Knot and maybe Rousek if the rumour is true.

This years AHL crop - Jiricek, Dostal, Frk, Blumel, Rousek, Kulich, Patera, Galvas, Kral, R. Zohorna, Jenik, Hajek, Sustr, Kaut and Lauko

Now tell me the Extrliga guys that are better than them this year?

Sedlak (returning from NHL), Kempny (returning from NHL) and ????

And it is not an adoration of the AHL.. it's more that the Extrliga is very weak.

Look at Mueller.. he was .5ppg in the AHL and won the extraliga scoring title after playing in Austria!lol

1686412253482.png

Last edited:
Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
AHL Czechs in Europe - Kovar, Klok, Sklenicka, Moravcik, Chlapik, Stransky, Stransky, Spacek, Kempny, Jasek, Kundratek, Musil, Musil, D. Kase

Incoming next year and I think they will all be top guys: Frk, Galvas, Knot and maybe Rousek if the rumour is true.

This years AHL crop - Jiricek, Dostal, Frk, Blumel, Rousek, Kulich, Patera, Galvas, Kral, R. Zohorna, Jenik, Hajek, Sustr, Kaut and Lauko

And it is not an adoration of the AHL.. it's more that the Extrliga is very weak.

Look at Mueller.. he was .5ppg in the AHL and won the extraliga scoring title after playing in Austria!lol

View attachment 716750
Not just ELH, AHL is better then basically any european top league period. You can see the guys coming from AHL and then crushing Liiga, NLA, SHL, ELH, DEL basically every leauge. Of course not all of them, but majority. The data speaks for itself very clearly.

And it is nothing suprising also. Most of the guys returning from AHL were drafted, some of them even have NHL experiences, so clearly they always belonged among top talents their respective nation was able to produce the given year, in contrast most of the euro players werent even drafted nor were even playing for youth national teams, so I think nothing needs to be added here.

AHL > Europe, no one can convince me otherwise, sorry Goodman

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

View attachment 716750
We do not understand each other. You wrote that you don't want anyone from Liiga, SHL, or NL. Good players from these leagues are players on the level of good AHL players. So why should there be 8-10 players from the AHL and none from the European leagues in the national team?
Edit: And pulling the stats of one player who did well in some places and not in others.. That way I could definitely find a lot of players saying that their stats prove something that is not true. Last year, Červenka was the best attacker at the championship. Is he better than all the other players from that championship? I just have to laugh that maybe every player from overseas is better than a European player, which you clearly indicated with your lineup. Knot played in the AHL and was removed from the lineup first, Kaut as a player who plays for the NHL was literally embarrassing. It could go on like this.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
We do not understand each other. You wrote that you don't want anyone from Liiga, SHL, or NL. Good players from these leagues are players on the level of good AHL players. So why should there be 8-10 players from the AHL and none from the European leagues in the national team?
That's not what I wrote.

4 or 5 NHL guys
8 to 10 AHL guys

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Great article on the U23 guys in the extraliga.. worst year in a decade for U23 players getting minutes.

Extraliga is a bunch of underplayed teenagers, mid 20's guys that were never drafted and returning veterans.

1686424548351.png

The NHL probably has more U23 guys than the Extraliga.lol

Also, when I looked at the names of the U23 guys in the article... not many future stars. The best ones will be in CHL or AHL next year.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
That's not what I wrote.
Translator. I do not know what you mean. If it's not what I thought you wrote that no one from those leagues should be in the national team, then we're talking pointlessly. But I just don't know what you mean.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Translator. I do not know what you mean. If it's not what I thought you wrote that no one from those leagues should be in the national team, then we're talking pointlessly. But I just don't know what you mean.
4 or 5 NHL guys
8 to 10 AHL guys

25 guys on the team

4 from NHL
8 from AHL
4 from Extraliga
9 from NLA, SHL, LIIGA

25 total

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Or. put in a different way... no more than 4 guys from Extraliga... we will never have 10 guys in Extraliga that are better than the rest of the Czechs. Not unless they fix the extraliga which won't give young players any opportunity (look at my article above which is in Czech).

Who were the best U23 guys this year?

Take out the teenagers like Skok, Sale, Jiricek and Dvorak.

Who are the best 20 to 23 year olds? Kucerik? Hauser? Konecny?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
4 or 5 NHL guys
8 to 10 AHL guys

25 guys on the team

4 from NHL
8 from AHL
4 from Extraliga
9 from NLA, SHL, LIIGA

25 total
Yeah, if I switch it to English, I get it right away.
:D

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, if I switch it to English, I get it right away.
:D
And by AHL... that could include CHL, NCAA as well.. eg. Dobes would've been a great 3rd goalie. Svozil or Sapo could've got a look. Ondrej Pavel seems to be a very fast skating and hard working guy too.

All of them are fast and skilled and young.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I just cant understant this, how anyones moral spine can be so botched he is willing to play in Russia these days only to earn a few extra bucks. Not necesarilly talking about Jaskin now, but others like Klok, Sklenicka, plethora of Slovak players.

For money they are willing to support the nation, which invaded and is murdering another sovereign nation and its people for no reason.

Do you not make enough money in europe? So you have to play in this abomination of a country?? Its not like you havent made millions in Swiss league so why? I am asking why?

Anyone who goes to Russia is rightefully unfit to play for NT. People with absolute zero moral compass and he is wondering why he cant play for NT on top of that lol, thats beyond ridiculous.

Reactions: Old Man Jags

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
I just cant understant this, how anyones moral spine can be so botched he is willing to play in Russia these days only to earn a few extra bucks. Not necesarilly talking about Jaskin now, but others like Klok, Sklenicka, plethora of Slovak players.

For money they are willing to support the nation, which invaded and is murdering another sovereign nation and its people for no reason.

Do you not make enough money in europe? So you have to play in this abomination of a country?? Its not like you havent made millions in Swiss league so why? I am asking why?

Anyone who goes to Russia is rightefully unfit to play for NT. People with absolute zero moral compass and he is wondering why he cant play for NT on top of that lol, thats beyond ridiculous.
They don't understand that. Professional athletes are not the smartest people around. A lot of them barely finished high school, critical thinking - non-existent. Unfortunately, KHL is still able to offer more money compere to other European leagues. For example Martin Gernat ... He just signed in Lokomotiv. Last season, he played in Switzerland. Some journalist said that they offered him almost 50% more money. According to Russia, Czechia and Slovakia are enemy countries. Czech and Slovak citizens shouldn't be there right now.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Help me... What did hadamczak say that was so offensive?
It wasn’t offensive as much as cowardly, as usual. He said in his original tweet that basically unfortunately we - as in we Czechs - are only “small masters” in the world and Europe is against Russian players playing, he can’t do anything about it. He basically deflected responsibility for Russia-based Czech players not being allowed to play in the world championships to others in Europe (ie “Sure we’d love you to play, but the big bad mean other European nations forced our hand here”), rather than showing some moral backbone and reaffirming the ban and defending the reasons for it. He also said he knows Dima and hopes Jaskin and his dad are well. After the completely predictable backlash over this drivel, he backpedaled and send the second tweet saying that why doesn’t Jaskin come and play in the Czech league so he can join the team.

Do I seriously have to explain why this was not good? Or did the article I sent not cover that first tweet, I don’t remember.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad