WC: 2023 Czech Team

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I read Havlat’s interview on isport and threw up in my mouth a little. Deluded, supremely arrogant, condescending towards Nosek, Lauko and others and zero acknowledgment that good players exist in North America outside the NHL. When the interviewer pointed out the make-up of the US team, he responded by babbling about us no longer having as many NHL players as we used to have without acknowledging the existence of the leagues many of the superior American players play in. And his statement on Svozil? 🤮🤮🤮
As I said, Havlat and Erat, two absolutelly incompetent persons, who should never be given a job at nt. No experience, no skill what so ever.

Just fire them all. I am serisouly boycotting the nt if they stay,

Reactions: Czechboy

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Zákulisí hry o Jalonena. Bída nahrála Hadamczikově plánu, spojenec spustil

This is another disgusting article. Spleculation and conspiracies, how Hadamczik and Dedek plan to get rid of Kari all way long and now they can finally fire up their plan.

Eventhough I dont like Had or Dedek very much. I am 100% with them on this. Anyone with basically any sense of reason and anyone not completely torn out of reality must see, that this WCH was the absolute rock bottom for our hockey. We have never played more terribly nor looked weaker and more embarassing as this year. A coach or the whole staff signed under such embarassing events and results just has no right to continue or to stay in nt.

The interview with Havlat is disgusting. He is an arrogant, delusional and incompetent clown, that all he is.

Pasta also dissapointed me. Eventhough I completely love and worship that guy, he cant possibly think that this is the right way. Sure from player perspective it can look different, maybe Kari is a really nice guy and you like him having as coach, cause he can connect with you nicely on a human level. But dude seriously. You played terrible under him even last year with you in the lineup and with a completely stacked team. That bronze was a pure luck, that we got Germans in QF and US had only three healthy Ds in the bronze medal game. Didnt you forget that it was actually 2:3 after the two?? And we played really badly. only that absolutelly phenomenal third period saved it.

So no If Had fires Kari it would be 100% justified. Cause based on his overall results, and performances of our team during those two years, there is really nothing much going in his favor besides that bronze. But that is all it takes apparently. Our czech public, blind and foggled with pink goggles cause we won a lucky brozne last year, still want Kari as the coach. Apparently its fine if we play on the level of Norway or Denmark and othe second category nations. Cause we got that medaaaal bros :D Pathetic. ...

In a poll if Kari should stay 65% of people voted yes :) completely ridiculous and if there is no help for us so be it. I will be here after next year WCH when it all goes to shit again, laughing and with a big pile of "I told you so" :D

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Zákulisí hry o Jalonena. Bída nahrála Hadamczikově plánu, spojenec spustil

This is another disgusting article. Spleculation and conspiracies, how Hadamczik and Dedek plan to get rid of Kari all way long and now they can finally fire up their plan.

Eventhough I dont like Had or Dedek very much. I am 100% with them on this. Anyone with basically any sense of reason and anyone not completely torn out of reality must see, that this WCH was the absolute rock bottom for our hockey. We have never played more terribly nor looked weaker and more embarassing as this year. A coach or the whole staff signed under such embarassing events and results just has no right to continue or to stay in nt.

The interview with Havlat is disgusting. He is an arrogant, delusional and incompetent clown, that all he is.

Pasta also dissapointed me. Eventhough I completely love and worship that guy, he cant possibly think that this is the right way. Sure from player perspective it can look different, maybe Kari is a really nice guy and you like him having as coach, cause he can connect with you nicely on a human level. But dude seriously. You played terrible under him even last year with you in the lineup and with a completely stacked team. That bronze was a pure luck, that we got Germans in QF and US had only three healthy Ds in the bronze medal game. Didnt you forget that it was actually 2:3 after the two?? And we played really badly. only that absolutelly phenomenal third period saved it.

So no If Had fires Kari it would be 100% justified. Cause based on his overall results, and performances of our team during those two years, there is really nothing much going in his favor besides that bronze. But that is all it takes apparently. Our czech public, blind and foggled with pink goggles cause we won a lucky brozne last year, still want Kari as the coach. Apparently its fine if we play on the level of Norway or Denmark and othe second category nations. Cause we got that medaaaal bros :D Pathetic. ...

In a poll if Kari should stay 65% of people voted yes :) completely ridiculous and if there is no help for us so be it. I will be here after next year WCH when it all goes to shit again, laughing and with a big pile of "I told you so" :D
I agree with all of that. Also read all the articles you refer to - disgusting.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I read Havlat’s interview on isport and threw up in my mouth a little. Deluded, supremely arrogant, condescending towards Nosek, Lauko and others and zero acknowledgment that good players exist in North America outside the NHL. When the interviewer pointed out the make-up of the US team, he responded by babbling about us no longer having as many NHL players as we used to have without acknowledging the existence of the leagues many of the superior American players play in. And his statement on Svozil? 🤮🤮🤮
link????

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Really nice writeup... this was my fav part of it but it was all very good!
The catch is, that we don´t have enough international quality u25 players to make the team out of them. Majority of our youth are guys that are never going to be playing even in extraliga. You´ve seen our u18, there was just Dvorak, Sale Hrabal and Jiricek, then there was massive hole compromised of guys who are going to be happy to play in Chance Liga, some of them are not even good for factories making sanitary napkins.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
The catch is, that we don´t have enough international quality u25 players to make the team out of them. Majority of our youth are guys that are never going to be playing even in extraliga. You´ve seen our u18, there was just Dvorak, Sale Hrabal and Jiricek, then there was massive hole compromised of guys who are going to be happy to play in Chance Liga, some of them are not even good for factories making sanitary napkins.
Yes and no.lol

Yes, not much u25 talent in Europe
We do have a lot of us U25 talent in AHL but they won't look at them and Havlat doesn't visit them. It is a vortex or something as far as Czech people go!

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Proč Havlát nevolal Laukovi a dalším: Koho jsme chtěli, s tím jsem mluvil

He just lost absolutelly any credit or sympathy he got left in my eyes. Completely disgusting person

And to add, a prototype of the czech master of universe and "I know it all best and others around me are complete idiots" type of person. Arrogant and straight up ridiculous.
1685128840617.png

1685128874678.png

1685128902031.png

LOL at these quotes from that article. He's nowhere near professional, very defensive and accepts nothing as his fault.

Is it that f***en hard to keep up with 60 guys over the course of a year. Send a text if you're that busy.

As far as the list they agreed upon... so roughly 40 guys touched the ice in the NHL... another 15 were exclusively in the AHL the entire time. My guess is that they talked to the top 10 guys like Hronek, Pasta, Krejci, Kubalik and Vejmelka. Didn't give a shit about the rest. However, most our best guys were going to playoffs or didn't have contracts (Radko for instance) so why even talk to them?

What I mean... nerds like me sat down in March and starting looking at NHL and AHL standings and thinking of guys that might become available. Marty followed the AHL playoffs and was aware when teams would be eliminated. Chainshot kept us up to date about Kulich and Rousek.

We are just internet people talking hockey and we were more thorough than Havlat.lol

I'm also not sure what the point of the visits are.. get him an NHL.com and AHL.com subscription... find the guys you want and watch their games.

The NCAA answer was awesome too. He basically had a list of 10 guys in North America, ignored the other 50 and then got defensive about it. Meanwhille, they had the Extraliga scouted because they go to games and have drinks in the pressbox. That is the process from what I can see.

This is why you don't give former NHLers executive jobs till they've proven something. Same for NHL.. they hire former starts.. almost never works. Anyone remember Gretzky as a coach?lol

It all drives me bananas because I think I could get the Czech posters on HF in a group chat in March and we could be more effective after hurling a few insults at each other.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
And since I'm on it.lol

You want Pasta.. do you really need to go to Boston to watch Pasta play a game. LIke how does that change your opinion or view? It's blatantly obvious he's good enough to make the team.lol

Reactions: Old Man Jags

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Oh... Losing your 1c and 2c is probably insurmountable for any team. I am sympathetic to that part!

They need an AHL scout... They can do it online from home. I rpomise you that AHL czechs aren't saying no to an invite.

I am available and will work cheap.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
And since I'm on it.lol

You want Pasta.. do you really need to go to Boston to watch Pasta play a game. LIke how does that change your opinion or view? It's blatantly obvious he's good enough to make the team.lol
Yeah lol like you really need to watch the top guys we have in NHL to assume they are good enough for WCH. And you dont care about the rest ... then WHAT THE f*** YOU EVEN DO ??? lol like what is even your job?? Your job is to exactly scout those not so known players we have there and evaluate if they can be addition to NT and are good enough to play at wch.

As you said you dont really need to travel to US to watch Pasta, Hertl, Hronek, Vrana, Kubalik etc. lol ... and if you need to watch them, you can do it online lol ...

Complete waste of space this guy.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Not really true. Well maybe the euro part to some point, but I think we can easily field at least 10good U25 players from europe. But mostly, our best U25 players are in america and those are overlooked for no good reason.

Just for fun I will give a couple of names and that is EXCLUDING our U25 NHL guys.:

Forwards: Rousek, Kulich, Blumel, Jenik, Kaut, Lauko, Mysak, Sapovaliv, Szturc, Brabenec, Sale, Flynn, A.Najman, Kubik, P.Kousal, Bambula

Defenders: Jiricek, Svozil, Galvas, Kral, Spacek, Moravec, Tichacek, Zabransky

Goalies: Dostal, Patera, Suchanek

I seriously think that a team like this would not do any worse, that the team we actually had this year at WCH lol ...

And you just dont have to never exclusively make the team from just U25 guys, you mix in couple of experienced guys, of course bring some stars from NHL and voila. You have a young, promising and interesting team, which I guarantee you will be fun to watch.

Just again pointing out our 2018 roster. Avg. age 25.3 so we almost got under that U25 quota. And we did completely fine at that WCH, got qf no problems and there got eliminated by strong US team (with Kane in the squad lol) in a 50:50 game which was decided by one unlucky goal.

So the quality is there. Maybe we lack the depth in comparison to Sweden or Finland, but the quality is certainly there. The problem is that we just cant or are not willing to effectively use this quality. Thats the main problem.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
In the end, my sole wish looking at next year is that I won't be forced to watch M. Jordan skate. Never again please and I'll die a happy man. :nod:
Same, I am biased because I just despise the guy as a player at this point, but for one decent play he would make like five awful ones. Only fitting he scored the GWG for USA... lol

Though as you said, defense as whole was terrible, Knot getting benched didn't make much sense. Kempny was fine and that's about it. What a day and night compared to the silver U20 squad.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
That interview with Havlat reads a little like he is trying to hide the fact that he knows he made a mistake not to contact Lauko and Nosek. Very obvious he keeps trying to avoid the question. Extremely defensive.

If it's true that they planned to only contact those players they were interested in, then that's a bizarre strategy. I would contact all of them, make a list of who wants what role and how they feel and job done. Then we can narrow the list down based on who's available when the time comes. Stupid to narrow the list down before then.

I could do it in a week on Teams/Zoom and I wouldn't need to fly anywhere. To think, how much money I could save the hockey association!

I like the interviewer though, asks all the right questions that are sure to annoy him! 😄

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Birner another one defending Kari, and even attacking and mocking people WHO wants him fired.

Its funny really how many even actuall profesional players or hockey experts, are completely delusional and torn out of reality only because we won a one lucky medal last year lol. The pink goggles are blinding czech hockey public big time.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006
Birner another one defending Kari, and even attacking and mocking people WHO wants him fired.

Its funny really how many even actuall profesional players or hockey experts, are completely delusional and torn out of reality only because we won a one lucky medal last year lol. The pink goggles are blinding czech hockey public big time.
I think the problem is wider in scope than simply a rose-tinted view of last year’s medal. They all cling to the crazy belief that the Extraliga is good and the AHL is not a serious league. They think that salvation lies in slow veterans from the domestic league. That was my issue with Czech coaches before Jalonen and my hope was that he would fix this. But he has the same attitude. So the problem with him is not that he is foreign, but that he is not foreign enough (or too Czech, if you will). So other than imposing a defensive Finnish system that does not suit us, he also repeats the mistakes of the Czech coaches. Paradoxically, those mistakes may actually count in his favour when his work is assessed by the Czech hockey world.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
If the federation wants to fire Jalonen based on a failed tournament and an eighth place finish, I have no problem with that. Yes, the tournament went badly, the game was bad and only the loss of the first two C's can be an argument for Jalonen.

But the behavior of Mr. Millionaire and Lojza is far beyond the bounds of decency, which is also why Pastrnak contacted us from the USA. This comedy is especially unworthy of Jalonen. He is a respected person in the hockey world, and if he doesn't succeed, I think he has no problem with ending up as a coach. But why should he be dragged into a stupid media firefight with people who decided his fate before the tournament? If this is all pressure for Jalonen to resign himself, then the federation is full of clowns. And I would very much like to see the faces of Lojza and Mr. Millionaire if Rulík told them that he would like to continue with the U20 team or even better, if he took a full year off like Varada. He still has a nice severance package from Pardubice..

Reactions: Voodoozz

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Finally someone normal. Big thumbs up for Koreis, he named perfectly every problem this NT had or has currently and I agree with him 100%.

Old Man Jags

Mar 25, 2006

Finally someone normal. Big thumbs up for Koreis, he named perfectly every problem this NT had or has currently and I agree with him 100%.
This is such an excellent interview, 100% spot-on. Thank you for referencing it here - I just read it and am relieved that at least someone in Czech hockey gets it.

Reactions: Czechboy and Swipes

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
That interview with Havlat reads a little like he is trying to hide the fact that he knows he made a mistake
That's been the whole tourney in a funny way.

We don't play Vejmelka.. ask Orct.

Zacha is not coming.. ask Zacha.

Not enough NHLers.. ask Havlat.

No AHL, NCAA or North American based guys.. not Havlat's job.

PP sucks.. blame Erat.

It just goes on and on. No one is in charge of anything.lol

Interviewer was great! Was it one of us?lol

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
That's been the whole tourney in a funny way.

We don't play Vejmelka.. ask Orct.

Zacha is not coming.. ask Zacha.

Not enough NHLers.. ask Havlat.

No AHL, NCAA or North American based guys.. not Havlat's job.

PP sucks.. blame Erat.

It just goes on and on. No one is in charge of anything.lol

Interviewer was great! Was it one of us?lol

A game of pass the parcel...

Haha it could well have been!

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

Cmon bring back Jandac, another good interview and what can be undestood from the way he talks, he would certainly try to compose the team and play the way we all would like to see here.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

That was a good read!

My fav part was that they really don't call guys that aren't NHL first liners.lol

I swear they see it like this:

Pasta
Necas
Hertl
Kubalik
Hronek
Extraliga players
Cervus
Don't care who else there is

Like the article says.. most our best players are in great spots to be successful and should be on playoff teams.. I actually expect Vejmelka to be traded to a stronger team this summer too. I think he's made a name for himself and he has a great contract.

What I hate is that even he says we have like 15 guys in the NHL.. we had 39 play in the NHL and they ALL should be considered! Then also about the top 10 AHL guys.

Our third goalie was a 31 year old journeyman.. so stupid. Get a kid in that spot. Make Svozil your 7th defender with minimal minutes but get him on PP2. No one is saying 20 a night and PP1. He could've been sheltered and developed a little. Cut him for the QF is you need to. No problem. They scratched Jiricek last year a few times and no one complained!

Really curiuos how that roster looks next year because the last one in Prague had an underwhelming line with lots of 'no's'. Last fully stacked team I remember was 2011 in Bratislava.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
A game of pass the parcel...

Haha it could well have been!
Hey Martin! Tell me everything you know about Ondrej Pavel in the NCAA

I would've loved that question.

Woo was saying he may crack the Avs next year. Such a glaring blind spot for the Czechs. You are either on the first line in NHL or in Europe.lol Missing out on 40 players.

Reactions: Swipes

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

FTR... if Hadamczak thinks Jalonen should go then I think he should stay!

I hate Hadamczak.. the fact he has a job with us is enfuriating! He's a lying, calculating and self centred man.

He was losing with unreal rosters. He was the one that started the trend of playing his fav Euro goalie over the NHL one. He was the one that started not bringing big players and favoring no names. Barinka over Hejda. At U18... Barinka over Mysak.

He's brutal and a big part of our decline. He was successful when we still had a strong talent pool (Vyborny led silver aside).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad