Prospect Info: 2022 Young Stars Roster/Discussion

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Perfetti has much better explosiveness now. Thought he had it, then almost set a guy up in the slot.

It's going to be fun to watch when he gets to play with linemates that read the game better. He's doing a lot despite not being given many options.

Yeah the plays he makes are plays every coach loves.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Tyler Boland has been consistently effective in the offensive zone, which is how I remember him being advertised when he was called up to the Moose last year. At 26 years old though you'd hope that he'd show well at a tournament like this.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Jets are collapsing consitiently to the net and taking shots away more then in past years. Think variations of the big plus 1 is what is going to be employed. Need a tonne of work still on breakouts but I imagine the defensive scheme is the major focus for the group to start.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
That was a great sequence by Lambert finishing with the goal, crazy how much better he's looked in these games than he did in the WJC.
Yep. Looks much more comfortable, game after game.

Systems?

Teammates?

No dad to interfere?

Reactions: Jet

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Not a bad 1st considering how slow we started. Liked Perfetti, was super dangerous every time on the ice. Kuzmin looked good. Liked Bauer as the game went along as well.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Helps when you are allowed to just play. He has a lot of skill and just needs to quiet certain areas of his game down but otherwise he is a good hockey player with excellent tools. Probably helps playing with a very good and cerebral center.

He has to realize if he puts effort in his game without the puck he has the skill to be really effective. Showed some good tenacity on that goal to get a turnover and go to some open ice

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Helps when you are allowed to just play. He has a lot of skill and just needs to quiet certain areas of his game down but otherwise he is a good hockey player with excellent tools. Probably helps playing with a very good and cerebral center.
Yeah, he's showing skill in the offensive zone but has also made more than a few ugly plays in the defensive zone. I think the main difference from Juniors is just that he's being given the opportunity to play offensively, his game apart from that hasn't looked very different.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah, he's showing skill in the offensive zone but has also made more than a few ugly plays in the defensive zone. I think the main difference from Juniors is just that he's being given the opportunity to play offensively, his game apart from that hasn't looked very different.

Yup, he definitely has a lot to clean up on his side of the red line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad