Prospect Info: 2022 Young Stars Roster/Discussion

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
I didn't realize that had happened. He does seem very competent in his own end.
For sure. I didn't know he was a forward when I watched him, but he stuck out. He was very smooth skating and a threat when he was on the ice. I remember thinking that he reminded me of a Duncan Keith-lite. He is an interesting prospect for sure.

Reactions: Atoyot

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Here's the full game for those who missed it.

Thanks so much for this Guardian!
Perfetti is going to be SO good. So smart and for a smaller guy, he’s a bit of a beast.
Lambert had a chance to show off his speed today and it worked well for him.
Zhilkin as well. I’m looking forward to seeing his progress this year.
Of the others, I thought Boland and Meireles both had really solid games and looked a lot better than their careers have shown so far.
Of course our goalie D…………, was also very good.

Last edited:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Wait, what?
Did he play a lot of last season on defense?

Can't say how much, I just know that he 100% spent some time at D.

Apparently he played at least a game and a half on D, wasn’t a regular.

Also took a ton of faceoffs and was relied on for his all-round play in some key situations.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think the opening day roster has these 23 players, unless some gets hurt.

#2 Dylan De Melo
#4 Neal Pionk
#5 Brendan Dillon
#12 Jansen Harkins
#17 Adam Lowry
#19 David Gustafsson
#21 Dominic Toninto
#22 Mason Appleton
#26 Blake Wheeler
#27 Nikolaj Ehlers
#33 David Rittich
#37 Connor Helleybuck
#44 Josh Morrissey
#47 Morgan Barron
#54 Dylan Samberg*
#55 Mark Scheifele
#64 Logan Stanley
#65 Jonathan Kovacevic
#80 Pierre-Luc Dubois
#81 Kyle Connor
#88 Nate Schmidt
#89 Sam Gagner
#91 Cole Perfetti*

2 rookies to start as both Barron and Gustafsson have exceeded the game limit. Perfetti, Samberg and Barron are all still waiver eligible ELCs but I'd say they might have spots to lose in camp.

The only players who would have to clear waivers under such a lineup are Kevin Stenlund, #11, Kyle Capobianco, #75, as well as Ashton Sauntner, Alex Limoges and Mikey Essimont, and I think all are safe.

Things to watch:

Defensive competition in TC. Probably a couple of spots that can be decided still. I don't necessarily know if previous combinations will be much of a factor under a new coach.

Forward spots look taken up as well if the Jets carry 13 forwards, but where players can play can still be decided. It's possbile the Jets carry 2 extra forwards, and if so that would increase the competition. I wonder about a player like Chaz Lucius traveling with the team to start, getting a bit of a college bonus, and an opportunity to gel with the group. A player like Maenalanen who made the jump to make the NHL you would have to think is competing hard in camp.

Special teams units. There is where Stanley lost his spot to Samberg last year. How does Bowness use Perfetti?

Without Copp and Stastny who are the main faceoff guys for Bowness? Guaranteed it will be Lowry in the defensive zone. Scheifele is the only other roster player, who took a lot of draws, and made it over 50% last year.

Where does Wheeler fit now? Be interesting to see.

Last year is water under the bridge. I think that a lot of things from last year will not matter once the puck drops. Could see some new and different combinations. Could see more of the same, just a different coat of paint.

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
You have Stanley in there twice. Who would you put in place of the second Stanley?
I was half asleep when I typed this. #2 is Dylan DeMelo so I corrected it. I think those are the 23. Maenalanen being waiver eligible would need to have a hell of a camp to earn a spot. I still think given the glut of d-men that the Jets start with 8 on the roster.

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Apparently he played at least a game and a half on D, wasn’t a regular.

Also took a ton of faceoffs and was relied on for his all-round play in some key situations.

Watching this games again I think Danny could play in the AHL this year. Don’t think he would be a top line player but he could hang with the group

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Watching this games again I think Danny could play in the AHL this year. Don’t think he would be a top line player but he could hang with the group
Is he allowed to? I'm not fully versed on the import draft Junior/AHL agreements.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Right. Too bad, would have liked to have seen him with the other top guys. A comparison between him and Lambert would have been interesting.

Agree. I'm looking forward to watching McGrooooaaaarty develop. I think he's going to be a really interesting player for the next wave Jets.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Got to see a Moose game for the first time while on a short visit to the Peg over the holidays. Short because of Elliott - thanks you prick. The Moose were outmatched by Abottsford - the Moose guys in the show would have leveled the ice for sure. Got to see Tyler Boland pot 2, and looking really good doing so. Probably the highlight game of his career.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4