Prospect Info: 2022 Young Stars Roster/Discussion

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think I'd like to see Perfetti and Lucius. That's the future.

If I was testing Lambert out, I'd stick him on a line with Torgersson and Nikkanen, see if how he fits with two AHL bound prospects, since that's where he would be headed if he's going to make it.

Interesting that Johannesson got an invite. I had him pegged as never gettting a contract. This will be the first chance for alot of people to see what he's capable of.

Zhilkin and Kuzmin will be a couple more players to watch,

And the goalies of course.

There's a lot of ECHL content on the roster, so it's really difficult to assess the talent, as I am sure the other 3 teams look similar.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Will these games be live-streamed?

Yes, I believe so. Information can be found here:

Fans can catch all the action from Penticton live on WinnipegJets.com or on the Jets Facebook, Youtube or TikTok.

Are all the rosters released?
I haven't seen anything for the Oilers yet, but the rest can be found at the following links:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Great idea. Take a guy you are expecting to play a major role on the Jets this season, stick him in a meaningless tourney that has been known in the past for showcasing Young Thugs looking to make a name for themselves, and risk losing him for 4-6 weeks. :thumbu:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Great idea. Take a guy you are expecting to play a major role on the Jets this season, stick him in a meaningless tourney that has been known in the past for showcasing Young Thugs looking to make a name for themselves, and risk losing him for 4-6 weeks. :thumbu:

Pretty much my thoughts on the matter. He has nothing to gain by playing in these games.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I don't know that Meireles will ever be an NHL player, but at his age and skill level I feel like he'll be one of the better players in this tournament.

Very excited to watch Johannesson. And others obviously, but opportunities to watch Johannesson has been few and far between since he was drafted.

Reactions: hn777

hockeyarena

Aug 11, 2011
Winnipeg
www.hockeyarena.net
Which is also why some people think his appearance in this tournament is strange.

EDIT: Also, he was injured earlier in the summer, I'm unsure when he was back to 100%
because they think a young stars tournament prior to training camp is the same weight as a WJC in the middle of the nhl season? Those people are morons.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
because they think a young stars tournament prior to training camp is the same weight as a WJC in the middle of the nhl season? Those people are morons.

Well, one of them is the gold-standard for junior hockey. The other is a completely meaningless handful of games featuring bunch of goons looking to make a name for themselves before training camp starts, mixed with some promising young talent.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well, one of them is the gold-standard for junior hockey. The other is a completely meaningless handful of games featuring bunch of goons looking to make a name for themselves before training camp starts, mixed with some promising young talent.

My guess is he requested to play so that he gets more games in due to missing all that time last year.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Torgesson, Nikkannen, Zhilkin, Johannesen, Kuzmin, Lundmark and the goalies Salminen and Holm are the players I am most interested in as they come from European leagues and it's hard to evaluate how their games will translate to North America until they actually play here....

Of course I won't go to the fridge for more beer if Lucius, Perfetti and that other guy...

Whats his name...? Ya if that guy plays... I won't go for more beers...

:popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad