Prospect Info: 2022 Young Stars Roster/Discussion

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Yeah, he's showing skill in the offensive zone but has also made more than a few ugly plays in the defensive zone. I think the main difference from Juniors is just that he's being given the opportunity to play offensively, his game apart from that hasn't looked very different.

I feel like he's playing a bit more aggressively without the puck, but then my Finnish mate here who has watched him for years says that he can be a real puck hound when he's engaged in a game, but not always consistently.

He has the speed and skill to be at least evens at both ends of the ice if he can follow the play more consistently and aggressively and prune the giveaways out of his game. Not too tall an order for a younger prospect given the right dev conditions.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yup, he definitely has a lot to clean up on his side of the red line.
His usage at the World Juniors was very strange to me. I'm a fan of Helenius but he's so defensive minded that putting Lambert with him seemed to just make both of them worse at what they do. Lambert didn't have anybody to work with in the offensive zone and Helenius was less effective at shutting down opponents because of Lambert. Rather than trying to offset Lambert's defensive deficiencies I feel like he's best used on a line that just spends as little time as possible in the defensive zone.

Reactions: surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
His usage at the World Juniors was very strange to me. I'm a fan of Helenius but he's so defensive minded that putting Lambert with him seemed to just make both of them worse at what they do. Lambert didn't have anybody to work with in the offensive zone and Helenius was less effective at shutting down opponents because of Lambert. Rather than trying to offset Lambert's defensive deficiencies I feel like he's best used on a line that just spends as little time as possible in the defensive zone.

Yeah his usage was odd I that tournament. Not every offensive player is good in a fourth line defensive role in short tournaments.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Yeah his usage was odd I that tournament. Not every offensive player is good in a fourth line defensive role in short tournaments.
It kind of felt like the Laine-Little pairing where Little was tasked with cleaning up defensively to the point where the entire line was completely ineffective at both ends of the ice.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I'm not sure if it's just expectations because he's a 1st round pick, but I have Lucius as the Jets' 3rd or 4th best forward since the first game. I'm actually encouraged by his game considering how long he's been out.

Perfetti really wanting to take that face-off despite probably running around 30% in this tournament.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I'm not sure if it's just expectations because he's a 1st round pick, but I have Lucius as the Jets' 3rd or 4th best forward since the first game. I'm actually encouraged by his game considering how long he's been out.

Perfetti really wanting to take that face-off despite probably running around 30% in this tournament.
It might be for sure, I might be hoping for more because of expectations. And he's been out for a while and has had surgery. I'm really hoping he has a big year.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

It's just he doesn't really drive play as a center. He's more a give and go type and if you have him in the wing with a play driver he's fine but I don't see a center.

Reactions: Atoyot

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
As much as Perfetti is great at pick pocketing, it's also incredible watching him being constantly disruptive. His linemates get several takeaways per game just from Perfetti timing a disruption with the intent of letting a linemate strip the puck.

Perfetti a demon on the boards on this PK.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
As much as Perfetti is great at pick pocketing, it's also incredible watching him being constantly disruptive. His linemates get several takeaways per game just from Perfetti timing a disruption with the intent of letting a linemate strip the puck.

Yeah, that was a terrific PK sequence. There is a lot of Mark Stone in his game away from the puck.

The no look passes in our end need to stop.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Lucius comes back with speed, hits the man with the puck, transitions it the other way and Boland nearly scores on a partial breakaway. I'm having zero issues with Lucius' skating these past two games.

Mathil8

▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌
Jul 24, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Yeah, I liked seeing the aggressiveness there on the PK from Perfetti.

Also liking the bursts of speed I've seen from Lucius in today's game.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Kuzmin lucky to not take a tripping there, but I assume that's the makeup for not calling the hit on Nikkanen.

Shots 40-12. Jesus.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3