Prospect Info: 2022 Young Stars Roster/Discussion

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Really thought Lucius came on that period. His release is unreal. His skating looked solid.

Nice to see them toss Perfetti and Lambert out on the 4 on 4. Really showed some skill there

Reactions: snowkiddin

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Puck management remains an issue, largely because of lack of PMD and a transition scheme. Hard to pencil something together for a small three game tournament, so you're relying on IQ and skill more than systems.

I agree we are playing with a non existent breakout scheme which is causing moat if our defensive issues. That needs to be given a lot of focus in training camp.

None

Feb 22, 2012
Nice puck protection there by Perfetti, didn't even let the Flames defenseman take a penalty to stop him.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Wonder when they offer DiVincentiis a contract (if they haven't already).

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Well that was a good way to finish. Thought we were the better team in the third and closed it out well.

Perfetti with a terrific game. He only had one goal but could have easily had 3 or 4. He was his usual offensive creative self and showed terrific strength on the puck and excellent stick skills in traffic. Equally impressive was his play away from the Puck. He was disruptive, physical, and in terrific position to turn things over. He's also very good at providing proper support and outlet options to his dmen. He definitely looks to have the makings of a top end all around center.

Lambert played really well off of Cole. He was showing good ability to read the play and his speed was a big asset at pushing the Flames back. He cycled well and was hounding the Puck quite well. Puck management was much better as well. There is a player here with further experience/refinement.

Lucious played his best game. He was more disruptive and with turning pucks over and sending the counter attack going in the nz. His goal was well taken and he was using his size and reach to create more space and time for himself. Skating was also better. I'm still seeing more of a guy who would be best suited with a playmaking center who can drive play while he finds the soft ice.

Zhilkin: The guy is all around the Puck and has good hands and speed. One to watch foresure.

Torganson looked much better, was playing physical and going to the net. He has limitations in what he can do with the Puck so he needs to really get good at forechecking, digging out pucks and then getting open to use his shot or to pot rebounds.

Bauer still looks lost in his end but managed the Puck better today. His physicality was good and got some good shots on net.

Landmark really surprised me with some of that offensive confidence. He wasn't afraid to make a move at the blue line and walked in a couple of times to shoot. If he can add that to his already strong defensive game it gives him more of a chance to make the NHL at some point. I think he has some DeMelo in his game.

Kuzzman was a bit of a mess in his end tonight I found. He had a hard time with th3 bigger Flames forwards and their forecheck.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Granada vs Osasuna
    Granada vs Osasuna
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $20.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00