Prospect Info: 2022 Young Stars Roster/Discussion

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I hope Perfetti sits out the Flames game. I keep thinking of Hawerchuk-Macoun and Scheifele-Tkachuk. Shit just seems to happen against that team.

Reactions: hn777

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Was watching Johannessen in particular since nobody has seen or heard anything about him. I thought he looked really comfortable out there overall but obviously needs to get better at board battles when under physical pressure. Interesting that coach`s put him out there on PP, altho opportunities were few. He`s obviously working at a size disadvantage but interesting that he`s here.
I thought he was shakey to start and then got better as the game went on. Him and Perfetti were working with each other a ton, reminded me of Perfetti and Heinola on the Moose, so much passing skill and ability to find open space that they just naturally keep finding each other.

I liked Nikkanen's game a lot. Created a lot and at one point I started counting his faceoffs and he only lost 1 that I noticed. Battles really well along the boards and has a good cycle game.

Lambert had a few brain dead plays like we saw at the World Juniors, but looked better overall.

Lucius was awful. Every time he touched the puck the other team had it within 3 seconds. With that being said, it's been a long time since he's played a game and even longer since he played one as center. If this game is indicative of his passing ability, then center probably isn't for him.

Torgersson wasn't really noticeable.

Prefetti was easily the best player on the Jets, his flub notwithstanding.

Holm made some big saves, but was also caught swimming and out of position a lot. I didn't like his game overall.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I thought he was shakey to start and then got better as the game went on. Him and Perfetti were working with each other a ton, reminded me of Perfetti and Heinola on the Moose, so much passing skill and ability to find open space that they just naturally keep finding each other.

I liked Nikkanen's game a lot. Created a lot and at one point I started counting his faceoffs and he only lost 1 that I noticed. Battles really well along the boards and has a good cycle game.

Lambert had a few brain dead plays like we saw at the World Juniors, but looked better overall.

Lucius was awful. Every time he touched the puck the other team had it within 3 seconds. With that being said, it's been a long time since he's played a game and even longer since he played one as center. If this game is indicative of his passing ability, then center probably isn't for him.

Torgersson wasn't really noticeable.

Prefetti was easily the best player on the Jets, his flub notwithstanding.

Holm made some big saves, but was also caught swimming and out of position a lot. I didn't like his game overall.
Yeah I have never seen the play driving and passing ability that a top 6 center needs to have in Lucia's but not going to read too much into one game. I think if he makes it he will be a Toffoli type complimentary winger.

Perfetti I can still easily see play as a center. His defensive reads were generally good. Well as good as could be expected in a new system where everyone was having difficulties with what they were supposed to be doing. I'll be watching for some further refinement in the dzone from everyone tomorrow now that they have a game under their belt.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Did we sign him? If so then the Moose should do him good.
Do you think that another year of physically maturing before coming over would do him some good? Moose could have an interesting defense next year, with a lot of players graduating. Maybe Kuzmin-Lundmark, Johannesson-Salomonsson, and someone to play with Tyrel Bauer.

Maybe get a contract at the end of the Swedish season? Right now there's alot of defensemen on the Moose, and the ECHL is not worth coming across the pond for.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Do you think that another year of physically maturing before coming over would do him some good? Moose could have an interesting defense next year, with a lot of players graduating. Maybe Kuzmin-Lundmark, Johannesson-Salomonsson, and someone to play with Tyrel Bauer.

Maybe get a contract at the end of the Swedish season? Right now there's alot of defensemen on the Moose, and the ECHL is not worth coming across the pond for.

If he can play in SHL next year then I would be fine leaving him over another year but it seems he's been stuck in their junior leagues for years. If it is between that and us having more say over here then I say bring him over.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Ha Johannesson just passed to Bertholet who had 7 Canucks around him trying to get them to take a too many men penalty.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The wingers need way more work on their breakouts. It's pizza city so far. Some good defensive sequences at C for Cole.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Our dmen letting their forwards get behind them. On the goal and on that last play it was a slow shot/pass that we allowed them to get to first.

Lucious doesn't look ready for pro hockey to me so far.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Nikkanen using his range well on that rush.

Our dmen letting their forwards get behind them. On the goal and on that last play it was a slow shot/pass that we allowed them to get to first.

Lucious doesn't look ready for pro hockey to me so far.
I think he's looking miles better than he did last game. His skating looks downright serviceable.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Nikkanen using his range well on that rush.

I think he's looking miles better than he did last game. His skating looks downright serviceable.

He looks better but to me the WHL is looking like the better option at this point.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
We are getting worked this period. A lot of confusion on where to go.

Great last shift by Cole. Walks the team and gets a good shot then keeps on it and sets up his teammate in the slot. Some more shifts like that please.

Reactions: Guardian17

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
From what I’ve seen Lucius needs some serious work. That ankle injury may have materially impacted his game. He doesn’t have the speed or strength to make any room for himself.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Really liking Zhilkin today, Nikkanen too again. Torgersson is looking effective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad