GDT: 2022 MLB Regular Season thread

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Mets choked hard again after having another one of our starting pitchers on the ropes early. Our bullpen has been lights out though.
Yeah - it's been kind of amazing how the talk has all been about the Mets choking in this series. The Braves being pretty damn good probably has something to do with it too. Atlanta has guys with deep playoff experience, good depth and a terrific pen.

*Although I do give the Mets full props for choking with having the easiest September schedule in the history of baseball and still managing to lose several games to those bad teams.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Braves complete the sweep and 99.99% confirm their division title. Mets have only themselves to blame for pissing away home games against the Nats, Cubs, Marlins, etc.
Once the Mets got swept by the Cubs I knew we were going nowhere this postseason. Had a much easier September schedule than the Braves and still blew the division to me.

So happy the Vikings are off to a 3-1 start and the Lightning season is about to start so I don't have to worry about these choke artist losers anymore. Never thought I'd hate a Mets team that made the playoffs as much as I hate this one. Heck, I even loved our 2019 team that missed the playoffs.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Is this a troll post? FX and FXX? What the heck?

Braves complete the sweep and 99.99% confirm their division title. Mets have only themselves to blame for pissing away home games against the Nats, Cubs, Marlins, etc.

FX was used for ESPN rights overflow before, when it carried UFC programming on the same day ESPN usually carries college football. In September 2019 preliminary bouts for UFC 242 aired on FX because ESPN2, which normally aired UFC prelims, was busy airing college football. FX will also air some XFL games when the league returns in 2023.

So there's no reason FX and FXX couldn't be used as overflow for MLB playoff games ESPN has the rights to.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Brian Snitker might be the worst manager to win 100 gms in a season

Braves win in spite of him

The Braves can basically thank the cheapskate A’s for winning this division

OAK basically gift wrapped them Matt Olson, won a game off DeGrom, and basically laid down for ATL

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The Braves are literally only in 1st place because EVERY team on their schedule rolls over for them

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Once the Mets got swept by the Cubs I knew we were going nowhere this postseason. Had a much easier September schedule than the Braves and still blew the division to me.

So happy the Vikings are off to a 3-1 start and the Lightning season is about to start so I don't have to worry about these choke artist losers anymore. Never thought I'd hate a Mets team that made the playoffs as much as I hate this one. Heck, I even loved our 2019 team that missed the playoffs.

If you ask me the bye is detrimental. I personally could care less about the division. Beat San Diego or Philly who are not great road teams and you’re in the LDS anyway and not having sat around for 4-5 days which as I said above I’m convinced will badly hurt teams and by 2027 people will be begging for this format to change as a result

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
If you ask me the bye is detrimental. I personally could care less about the division. Beat San Diego or Philly who are not great road teams and you’re in the LDS anyway and not having sat around for 4-5 days which as I said above I’m convinced will badly hurt teams and by 2027 people will be begging for this format to change as a result
Don't know how much time is in between the WC and LDS, but if it's short, what hurts the WC team is having to expend their ace(s) in that round and not have them early in the LDS.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Braves are literally only in 1st place because EVERY team on their schedule rolls over for them
Please, the reason the Mets didnt win the division is they werent able to beat up on the Phillies anymore :laugh::laugh:. They rolled over for them.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Matt Olson never ever hit a meaningful HR in Oakland and now suddenly he’s Mr Clutch in ATL

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Please, the reason the Mets didnt win the division is they werent able to beat up on the Phillies anymore :laugh::laugh:. They rolled over for them.

The Braves record was really meh this year vs teams over 500, I’m not sure to expect much from them in the playoffs or not. I definitely could see them losing to st Louis

Sep 19, 2008
hope the phillies implode even though my good friend Jake Tapper wishes them well

they came into the nats series losing 5 straight and suddenly got hot winning 3 out of those 4. Now they can put things away :(

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
FX was used for ESPN rights overflow before, when it carried UFC programming on the same day ESPN usually carries college football. In September 2019 preliminary bouts for UFC 242 aired on FX because ESPN2, which normally aired UFC prelims, was busy airing college football. FX will also air some XFL games when the league returns in 2023.

So there's no reason FX and FXX couldn't be used as overflow for MLB playoff games ESPN has the rights to.
OK... but you do realize you are posting in the MLB thread advocating for some random channel to carry the baseball playoffs instead of the main ones? It's just a bizarre stance to take and you seem to want it to happen.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
The Braves record was really meh this year vs teams over 500, I’m not sure to expect much from them in the playoffs or not. I definitely could see them losing to st Louis
Anyone can beat anyone come playoff time, that's the beauty or curse of baseball. But...

The Braves are defending champs and arguably better than they were last year. Other than Hou or LA probably everyone is "meh" vs. playoff teams. They have the 2nd best record in baseball since June and went 11-3 in their last 14 vs. NY & Philly. Strong lineup, good pitching esp. bullpen, and good depth. Plus lots of guys with experience with deep playoff runs the last two years.

NY is probably going to lose the division because they lost 9 games in September to Pit, Wash, the Cubs, Oak and Mia. And six of their last seven to Atlanta.

Winning/losing the division in this case is huge. Not only does the winner get to rest people (like Strider for Atl), but they avoid LA until the NLCS.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: