GDT: 2022 MLB Regular Season thread

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
7187455B-2123-4834-BC3B-05119939236D.png

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Jays win and move a step closer to locking down the top WC spot. Would be very tough for the Rays to catch them and part of me thinks they are doing Tampa Bay things and intentionally going for the #6 seed.

It's all gonna come down to the last series for TOR and SEA. Baltimore is still playing scrappy baseball and likely won't lie down but as @Marc the Habs Fan mentioned, the Mariners have 4 with Detroit to finish. However, a loss today to Oakland would make it very unlikely to catch Toronto.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
More good news for Philly as the Marlins somehow keep doing it, they are up 2-0 in Milwaukee.

The Marlins and playing spoiler to ruin team's dreams late in the season is an iconic duo.

The Jays should be way more worried about the Mariners and their ridiculously easy schedule. Just 1 game back in loss column and Mariners have tie-breaker.
The Brewers organization is a joke. My condolences to Brewers fans.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The Brewers have tied the game. They need to win this though. I saw Gallen pitch against the Dodgers a couple weeks ago and he was as a good as any starter Ive seen this year not named deGrom. They have him next series.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Aaron Judge will not hit number 62 at Yankee Stadium.

Orioles can boast that they will have had a winning season, which would have seemed like a pipedream in April.

3-0 A's in Seattle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thucydides

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Brewers lose. How do you lose 3 of 4 at home to the Marlins with your season on the line?

Padres back into the playoffs just as they put together yet another weak as sh*t offensive performance at home.

Phillies can clinch as soon as tomorrow.

Reactions: Thucydides

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I dont think the Phillies could do much in the playoffs with the way they are playing now, I just want them to have the longest drought to be over :laugh:.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

Roger Maris Jr can go suck on elephant testicles, f*** off already.

Bonds holds the f***ing record at 73, you piss ass bitch.

The commissioner of baseball did no such thing.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Disney has exclusive rights to the wild card round.

I think the Saturday games should be placed on FX and FXX (which were part of Disney's acquisition of most of 21st Century Fox in 2019) so that ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2 can devote Saturday exclusively to college football. I understand though the scheduling of the Wild Card series this year is a one-time thing caused by the delay of the end of the season by the lockout.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I would not let Kenley anywhere near this 9th inning.

He is in. Easy 1-2-3. This has been a collapse by the Mets this past month.

Last edited:

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Disney has exclusive rights to the wild card round.

I think the Saturday games should be placed on FX and FXX (which were part of Disney's acquisition of most of 21st Century Fox in 2019) so that ABC, ESPN, and ESPN2 can devote Saturday exclusively to college football. I understand though the scheduling of the Wild Card series this year is a one-time thing caused by the delay of the end of the season by the lockout.

Is this a troll post? FX and FXX? What the heck?

Braves complete the sweep and 99.99% confirm their division title. Mets have only themselves to blame for pissing away home games against the Nats, Cubs, Marlins, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad