2022-2023 Around the League Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Did Granlund really only have 1 point for the Pens? Just heard on the radio, wow Hextall.. the Pens are in a rough spot, Nate should be in Sids ear all summer about how hopeless the Pens are

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
I saw fancy stats by Dom Lucicforeskin or whatever his name is that shows JTC and Eller as two of the top twenty defensive forwards in the league.

Draisatl is slightly above MacK in terms of offence but a negative on defense so MacK is higher overall.

EK is by far the highest offense from a defender but huge negative defensively so only 15th among defenders overall.

There's an Avs defender in the top 20 for defense and offense. And two in the top 20 defenders overall.

Since these stats conform to my preconceived notions they are correct and should not be questioned.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'm not a Hextall fan but he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either they were rebuilding and Crosby was extremely unhappy or they were signing the old guys long term to try one more time.

Wish the GMs would understand that signing old guys to big AAV and term is never, ever a good decision. Past 30 and want term? Let them walk.
Even under those parameters he failed miserably. And he did so in Philly as well. In the end he’s just a really bad GM.

Burke needs to go back to the league office. His stubbornness and intractability make him a bad fit for any team’s front office, but those traits would serve him well squaring off against Bettman et al…which probably means it won’t happen.

But kept Snott and Berube

As an Avs fan I am more than okay with that.

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I saw fancy stats by Dom Lucicforeskin or whatever his name is that shows JTC and Eller as two of the top twenty defensive forwards in the league.

Draisatl is slightly above MacK in terms of offence but a negative on defense so MacK is higher overall.

EK is by far the highest offense from a defender but huge negative defensively so only 15th among defenders overall.

There's an Avs defender in the top 20 for defense and offense. And two in the top 20 defenders overall.

Since these stats conform to my preconceived notions they are correct and should not be questioned.
Omg I audibly laughed reading this :laugh:

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Burke needs to go back to the league office. His stubbornness and intractability make him a bad fit for any team’s front office, but those traits would serve him well squaring off against Bettman et al…which probably means it won’t happen.
Why would Bettman hire someone that'd likely contradict him all the time? He's probably going back to Sportsnet (honestly he was quite good there, he's a great storyteller).

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Why would Bettman hire someone that'd likely contradict him all the time? He's probably going back to Sportsnet (honestly he was quite good there, he's a great storyteller).
That’s probably where he’ll go. And I admitted in my post why it won’t happen, even though that’s where Burke would do the most good for the game.

Deadsy

May 8, 2021
Did Granlund really only have 1 point for the Pens? Just heard on the radio, wow Hextall.. the Pens are in a rough spot, Nate should be in Sids ear all summer about how hopeless the Pens are
No, but not much better really. 1 goal and 4 assists in 21 games.

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
Looking at most of theses "experts" and youtubers predictions, it seems like we might be a bit under the radar. Everyone is jumping on the edmonton oilers bandwagon. I honestly see vegas and LA really pushing them to the edge. Admittedly I might be blinded by my oiler hate but I don't think they even make it to the west final this year

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Looking at most of theses "experts" and youtubers predictions, it seems like we might be a bit under the radar. Everyone is jumping on the edmonton oilers bandwagon. I honestly see vegas and LA really pushing them to the edge. Admittedly I might be blinded by my oiler hate but I don't think they even make it to the west final this year
They barely made it past a depleted LA team last year and then lucked into Markstrom forgetting how to be a goalie. They got swept by Frank lmao.

I don't get the hype. Their 3rd best player has what 40 ES points? They ended up with the same amount of points on the season as us and we've had serious injury concerns.

If their PP gets cold or they don't get the calls they normally do then it could be a quick out. Generational year or not from McDavid.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
They barely made it past a depleted LA team last year and then lucked into Markstrom forgetting how to be a goalie. They got swept by Frank lmao.

I don't get the hype. Their 3rd best player has what 40 ES points? They ended up with the same amount of points on the season as us and we've had serious injury concerns.

If their PP gets cold or they don't get the calls they normally do then it could be a quick out. Generational year or not from McDavid.
They got a defender who knows how to play proper defense to round out their top 4.

And McDavid and Drai have been mailing it in 5 on 5 this year. When the chips are down they'll put in a real effort.

The Oilers are better in the blueline and in net and have the same offense as last year.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
They got a defender who knows how to play proper defense to round out their top 4.

And McDavid and Drai have been mailing it in 5 on 5 this year. When the chips are down they'll put in a real effort.

The Oilers are better in the blueline and in net and have the same offense as last year.
True, but LA got better and Calgary isn't around for a bye series either

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
There's an inherent Canadian bias. Check out all the Calgary picks from last year.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
True, but LA got better and Calgary isn't around for a bye series either
LA got better in some areas but that one two punch of two way centres is a year older.

LA won't be an easy out but they don't have a real chance of beating Edmonton.

Vegas is a very good second round opponent but I'm always willing to bet against simple Jack when the chips are down.

I just can't see Edmonton losing before the semis.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
LA got better in some areas but that one two punch of two way centres is a year older.

LA won't be an easy out but they don't have a real chance of beating Edmonton.

Vegas is a very good second round opponent but I'm always willing to bet against simple Jack when the chips are down.

I just can't see Edmonton losing before the semis.
I just want to dream and meme

Reactions: NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

RampoSanta

Landy was not offside
Apr 1, 2021
Colorado
If Landy is really done or if he needs another year off, that cap space should be exploited to get Sid. 2yrs left at 8.7M. Not sure we have the assets but I would like to drool nonetheless

Reactions: arun

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
If Landy is really done or if he needs another year off, that cap space should be exploited to get Sid. 2yrs left at 8.7M. Not sure we have the assets but I would like to drool nonetheless
Sid isn't leaving the Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad