2022-2023 Around the League Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
People here don't seem to realize Seattle has dominated the Avs all three games this season despite the close scores. That team skates and checks the Avs to death.

Meh, as long as we get shots on net (SEA has the 3rd worst sv% in the league) and capitalize on our PP (6th best) vs their terrible PK (21st), we'll be fine. Plus SEA is one of the few teams actually worst at face-offs than us.

The Oilers are 18-2-1 since March 1st, they have outscored teams 93-55 and have wins against Toronto, Boston, Dallas, Vegas, Los Angeles (twice), and Colorado.

God I hope that team peaked too early. Otherwise if they go on to win the Cup they'll have gone on one of the strongest runs I've seen from March 1st until the end of the playoffs.

That Blues team still better. Last in standings in January to cup champs

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO
The Oilers are 18-2-1 since March 1st, they have outscored teams 93-55 and have wins against Toronto, Boston, Dallas, Vegas, Los Angeles (twice), and Colorado.

God I hope that team peaked too early. Otherwise if they go on to win the Cup they'll have gone on one of the strongest runs I've seen from March 1st until the end of the playoffs.
And you living around Oiler fans will be super fun I bet! Assuming they get the cup

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Yah its been impressive. I just dont know how that D is going to hold up when it matters BUT if any team can outscore their defensive issues its the Oilers. Every forward whose played a significant amount of games for them is double digits in goals. I didnt realize that. The PP is the best in the history of hockey and they have the most shorthanded goals this season. Would be hilarious if they lost to the Jets.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Pacific is set.

Vegas/Winnipeg
Edmonton/Los Angeles

Best case scenario IMO. Los Angeles will be out for blood against Edmonton after last year and McDavid hurting Anderson. They won't win but I hope they take a huge chunk out of the Oilers along the way. Especially since those idiot fans were actually celebrating Landeskog being injured today and calling it poetic justice.

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
Pacific is set.

Vegas/Winnipeg
Edmonton/Los Angeles

Best case scenario IMO. Los Angeles will be out for blood against Edmonton after last year and McDavid hurting Anderson. They won't win but I hope they take a huge chunk out of the Oilers along the way. Especially since those idiot fans were actually celebrating Landeskog being injured today and calling it poetic justice.
Yeah, I just had the misfortune of reading their thread. f*** the oilers. Hopefully the kings take them out. That would an epic meltdown lol. Celebrating injuries is so childish. Such a classless and bitter fan base.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Wow man. I just read that Oilers thread about the Landy injury... Disgusting group of fans. I dont think I've ever seen a worse group of individuals then the Oilers fans that come to this website.

Hopefully Karma serves something up for them this playoff run. Cheering a potential career ending injury. Absolutely pathetic.

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Wow man. I just read that Oilers thread about the Landy injury... Disgusting group of fans. I dont think I've ever seen a worse group of individuals then the Oilers fans that come to this website.

Hopefully Karma serves something up for them this playoff run. Cheering a potential career ending injury. Absolutely pathetic.
On this site in particular, the Oilers fans take the cake as the biggest dipshit assholes, only beating the bLosers due to their sheer number of dumbasses.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I'm rooting for The Panthers over Boston, because it would be hilarious after the season they just had.

Tampa over Toronto so the first round exit meme can still live.

Islanders over the Canes, because that team just annoys the f*** out of me.

And finally the Devils over the Rangers because their fans have been extremely annoying this year.

Don't sell the Devils fans short. They've become more obnoxious this year.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Writing was on the wall, it was just a matter of how long they would wait. The answer is, they didn't wait at all.

Reactions: sethro109

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Writing was on the wall, it was just a matter of how long they would wait. The answer is, they didn't wait at all.
I'm not a Hextall fan but he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either they were rebuilding and Crosby was extremely unhappy or they were signing the old guys long term to try one more time.

Wish the GMs would understand that signing old guys to big AAV and term is never, ever a good decision. Past 30 and want term? Let them walk.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm not a Hextall fan but he was stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either they were rebuilding and Crosby was unhappy or they were signing the old guys long term to try one more time.

And Fenway group agrees it was the right call. What happened outside of re-signing Malkin and Letang however, that's different.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They completely screwed them for the future and left a nice cherry on top with Granlund and his contract. Just a disaster class by the old boys club, who went in there and got rid of the analytics people so they could carry out this vision.

Do the right thing, Sid! Join your boy.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
They completely screwed them for the future and left a nice cherry on top with Granlund and his contract. Just a disaster class by the old boys club, who went in there and got rid of the analytics people so they could carry out this vision.

Do the right thing, Sid! Join your boy.
Sid is the reason they screwed up.

Reactions: Nihiliste
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad