2022-2023 Around the League Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't think it was so much Anderson they were upset about as it was what Sakic paid for Kuemper. As bad as Kuemper was last postseason the Avs probably still would have won the cup with Anderson AND kept their first rounder and Timmins.
What about the 3rd pick?

Vk1ing

Feb 12, 2016
Sutters obviously the owners guy and this proves it. Based on the presser and stuff its clear that Treliving dipped before things got worse.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Kings are a good team with inconsistent goaltending. If Korpisalo gets hot, I can see them get out of the West.
That's pretty much most teams in the playoffs. Good enough squad if the goalie carries them through many of the 16 wins. But they have a bad bottom of the lineup, that's going to catch up to them at some point. Having to play guys like Edler and Grunstrom and their other 4th line options makes it really tough because the teams with the worst players on the ice usually don't go far. Its why getting guys like Helm back really makes the Avs hard to beat.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
IMG_4360.jpeg

Pretty much!

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sucks for the Sens

Happens in every sport where players always want to go to popular markets, it's even worse in the NBA when you have constant loading up of superteam mercenaries.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Sucks for the Sens

Meh, he's not worth nearly the amount of money he thinks he is. 9M? No chance.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Happens in every sport where players always want to go to popular markets, it's even worse in the NBA when you have constant loading up of superteam mercenaries.

Pfffffffffft I have no sympathy whatsoever for the Sens, they had more than adequate resources, Dorion is proving he's just not that good. DeBrincat is more than likely just tired of being in a losing situation than he is wanting to go to a bigger market.

Word to the wise, never, ever publicly state that "the rebuild is over." Just send the damned team out there and let expectations fall where they may.

The NBA thing is overstated as well, didn't stop the Milwaukee Bucks from winning a title, and if the Nuggets don't make it, that won't be the reason either. It's annoying that the Lakers can seemingly buy their way out of trouble every few years but they're also paying the price for their hubris.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Pfffffffffft I have no sympathy whatsoever for the Sens, they had more than adequate resources, Dorion is proving he's just not that good. DeBrincat is more than likely just tired of being in a losing situation than he is wanting to go to a bigger market.

Word to the wise, never, ever publicly state that "the rebuild is over." Just send the damned team out there and let expectations fall where they may.

The NBA thing is overstated as well, didn't stop the Milwaukee Bucks from winning a title, and if the Nuggets don't make it, that won't be the reason either. It's annoying that the Lakers can seemingly buy their way out of trouble every few years but they're also paying the price for their hubris.
Small markets always sort of suffer and it is worse when you have a soon-to-be UFA wanting to decide where he wants to go, which majority of the time is a major market. The same thing happened to Columbus as well and that is the price you pay for risking this type of stuff. I think Dorion knew that DeBrincat was never going to sign in Ottawa, but still traded for him to potentially showcase that his team is on the upward trajectory with another fellow USAer as Captain.

In terms of the NBA, I think what happens is if a team gets a franchise player, then that club will have superteam potential as the Bucks did in drafting Giannis, Curry with GS, or Toronto did with Leonard. The problem is that a lot of these players move when their deal eventually runs out and become mercenaries. Nets are a perfect example of that, LeBron going to LA is another example, and Anthony Davis asking for a trade out of New Orleans further showcases what I mean. There are a lot of dead franchises in the NBA IMO like NOLA, Charlotte, Atlanta, Washington, Orlando, Detroit, and Utah which reminds me a lot of Ottawa (Utah). Always have good players, but nobody wants to stay there. Minny was a dead franchise for the longest time too, but supposedly got a franchise player and I would not be surprised if they're the next superteam UFAs will want to jump to.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

"It can't be true look at these exceptions".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad