Post-Game Talk: Cli(e)nched

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don't know, Pickard was playing really good in those two games. He deserves a longer look. We've seen more than enough of Skinner.
If you had said this before game 6 you’d have been proven to be wrong. Why you saying it now. If anything we want the Skinner that won us 16 straight and broke Fuhr’s record. The sharpest Skinne has ever looked. With confidence and mojo maybe we get that from him moving forward. 100% worth the try which is probably why Knob is trying.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I would think it’s more beneficial to fly home tonight- sleep in your bed tonight and tomorrow. Meeting and quick skate Wednesday- fly out right after.
When I used to travel the odd time for work, it always took me two nights to get used to my surroundings in a hotel room and got a good night’s sleep from the 3rd night after. I’d prefer they get to Dallas sooner to settle in instead of the day before, but that’s just me.

Reactions: McDoused

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
No good answer, as they're both scary AF.

Dallas is odd, where when they're at their peak they're the best team in the West, but they're also far more inconsistent than even the Oil.

I do think they caught a break due to the Nichushkin situation, which seemed to wreck COL's focus.

I think COL matches up better against us, as that offence is just scary when on. Though without Nuke they're a lot less scary.

Dallas plays like the Kings on their best days. Which is scary, see game 4 of this year.
Though IMO the Oilers' defence does match up better vs. a team that likes to lean on you with their size and break you down, vs. the Canucks approach of randomly tossing the puck at the net and having it magically pinball in; or COL's overwhelming speed.

The Oil should be grateful they've gotten to practice on how to contain Doughty over the last few playoffs, because Heiskanen brings the same ability to take over the game from the backend.
The biggest thing with Dallas is they are a rush offence team. Ceci is at the bottom of the league against the rush.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Holy f*** are some of you guys ever happy?

Our team just made the WCF and we have posts in here whining about Skinner and the fact that the panel focused on the Canucks.

Who gives a f***? We WON. Enjoy that for what it is.

Not to mention, given the fact this is the last time they’ll be talking about Vancouver, it kind of makes sense to focus on them? They’ll have all of the third round to talk about the Oilers. We’re the last team left in Canada so they’ll have to anyways

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
You can upgrade on Janmark. He has absolutely no offensive finish.
He scored a huge goal this series and it's not even his job.

I don't understand how anyone can watch these games and feel like Janmark is an issue. He plays key roles on this team. Look how the coaches trust him.

McLeod is a shot suppression wizard and hadn’t been on the ice for a goal against until game 5 of round 2.
But I totally agree with you here. McLeod has been excellent. He has given this team really good minutes and while he might be scoring like people want he's excelling at 3C, which we need more.

Last edited:

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Brown and McLeod out, Gagner and Henrique in.
lol, no

He scored a huge goal this series and it's not even his job.

I don't understand how anyone can watch these games and feel like Janmark is an issue. He plays key roles on this team. Look how the coaches trust him.
I didn’t say he was an issue. I said you could upgrade him next year.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Not to mention, given the fact this is the last time they’ll be talking about Vancouver, it kind of makes sense to focus on them? They’ll have all of the third round to talk about the Oilers. We’re the last team left in Canada so they’ll have to anyways

Except they did the same shit when we played the Kings. Or when we lost against Colorado or Vegas. Sportsnet just hates the Oilers, it's pretty obvious by now.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Hopefully Henrique is in for McLeod next game (if healthy). We can’t afford to be gifting teams 4 minute powerplays and goals
WTF are you actually talking about? He’s been shitting down and limiting shots of whoever he is matched up against. He’s been incredible on the PK as well. I’m guessing he lines up against the Johnston line next round.

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Came in here to congrats the oilers

Unlike some salty nucks fans

I accept that the Oilers are simply a better and more experienced team

Good luck rest of the season
Great Season for Vancouver to build off of. VERY close series despite loosing your starring Goalie. Lots to looks forward to over there!

Oilers looked like the better team, esp. thru the first 40. Finally in the last period both teams were playing a game 7 -style game.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
So, let's see how the D made out at even-strength, shall we?:

+8 Ekholm
-9 Nurse

5f67cd34add99c1e680509a3187fc173.gif

BeanBurrito

Nov 8, 2018
It's possible he's been sick as well as he hasn't looked great the last handful of games. Very quiet game wise and not his usual self.
Yeah, I noticed a couple times this game he had a chance to race for a loose puck which usually he is gonna win but he pulled up and just took a defensive angle.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I am wondering if this SN hate of the Oilers has anything to do with them not signing their regional coverage contract yet.

If you recall the Flames signed theirs about two weeks ago for another 10 years. I thought it was odd they didn't announce te Oilers as well.

Hopefully we can get a TSN announcement forthcoming.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
On the drive home from baseball my son accidently hit speakerphone as his friend screamed we won the game.....

Having now watched the game I am pretty thankful that happened lol. That game went from awesome to terrifying in a flash.
Just about killed me. I thought that I would not be quite as nervous as for some games in the past but I must say that I can't remember being this anxious in a long long time. Maybe it's old age.

I am wondering if this SN hate of the Oilers has anything to do with them not signing their regional coverage contract yet.

If you recall the Flames signed theirs about two weeks ago for another 10 years. I thought it was odd they didn't announce te Oilers as well.

Hopefully we can get a TSN announcement forthcoming.
I actually hope that they stay on SN. Selfishly, being on SN makes it easier for me to watch them even with Center Ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad