WJC: 2018 Team USA Roster Talk

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
On first glance, the only surprising omission is David Farrance. He deserved an invite.

Glad to see Andrew Peeke finally get the call.

Excited to see if the more unheralded guys like Gerlach, Samberg, and Badini can challenge for a roster spot.

Nice to see Wahlstrom earn an invite. But it makes the lack of Farabee a bit puzzling as he's a more well rounded player.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012

what the bleep are those? tournament uniforms or just for that NY's Eve outdoor nonsense?

I sincerely hope Hockey Canada doesn't follow suit and go full on ****** for the 2019 tournament. It's already bad enough dealing with their unbridled greed. If they propose an outdoor game in Vancouver, then I'm done with this tournament forever.

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
what the bleep are those? tournament uniforms or just for that NY's Eve outdoor nonsense?

I sincerely hope Hockey Canada doesn't follow suit and go full on ****** for the 2019 tournament. It's already bad enough dealing with their unbridled greed. If they propose an outdoor game in Vancouver, then I'm done with this tournament forever.

Just for the outdoor game

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
On first glance, the only surprising omission is David Farrance. He deserved an invite.

Glad to see Andrew Peeke finally get the call.

Excited to see if the more unheralded guys like Gerlach, Samberg, and Badini can challenge for a roster spot.

Nice to see Wahlstrom earn an invite. But it makes the lack of Farabee a bit puzzling as he's a more well rounded player.

Is JD Greenway still eligible? If so I'd say he's also an omission that I noticed.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Yeah, he's eligible. He's a surprise omission too, although I was unimpressed with him down the stretch for Wisconsin.

I agree, I just wanted to see him out there at this camp. There's a lot I like about his game. Good roster for what's available in this birth year though

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Yeah, he's eligible. He's a surprise omission too, although I was unimpressed with him down the stretch for Wisconsin.

I would be interested to hear you say more about your impressions of Greenway. I only saw him play once, on TV, so I certainly don't have much of a basis for any opinion I might have about him. Thanks in advance.

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I'm about to attend my first WJC in person. I'm all excited to buy my first Team USA jersey and that's what they offer?!?! Those jerseys SUCK!

No way I'm buying that. Will there be other updated jerseys or should I just buy last year's?

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
I would be interested to hear you say more about your impressions of Greenway. I only saw him play once, on TV, so I certainly don't have much of a basis for any opinion I might have about him. Thanks in advance.

For what it's worth I've seen him about 4-5 times in person. The first time I saw him was at the 2014 U17 Five Nations at the old Ann Arbor Ice Cube. I was impressed with how big he was yet he could move around like a smaller guy out there. There was a play where Vitali Abramov who now is a standout in the QMJHL came flying down the wing and tried to put the puck between his legs and Greenway played it perfectly and nearly put him through the boards. I think he's improved his skating a lot and has a very under rated offensive game from the back end. He showed it on his goal against Sweden at the U-18's two years ago as well. One knock I'd say is he sometimes gets scrambly in his own zone but like I've said before I wanted to see what he could do at this camp.

He has a physical presence but imo more importantly he isn't reckless with it and plays the position responsibly.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
The WJC is always one of my favorite times of the year, but this year is particularly exciting with possibly 3 Dallas Stars playing for the US in Oettinger, Tufte and Robertson.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia

Probably 98 heavy;

Anderson
Bellows
Brown
Frederic
Harper
Jones
Lockwood
Mismash
Mittlestadt
Norris
Poehling
Tkachuk
Yamamoto

Day
Fox
Gildon
Hughes
Lindgren
Martin
Peeke/Samberg

Woll
Oettinger
Petruzelli

Harbessix

Jun 2, 2010
Halifax, NS
Sharks fan here, we just drafted Norris, Ferraro, Reedy and McGrew. How many realistically have a shot at the world junior team this December?

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Sharks fan here, we just drafted Norris, Ferraro, Reedy and McGrew. How many realistically have a shot at the world junior team this December?

Norris the only one. Reedy would need a huge start to his freshman campaign after his dismal U18 tournament where he ended up the extra forward.

Ferraro is Canadian.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad