WJC: 2018 Team USA Roster Talk

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
The gold medal game isn't over yet, but I figured it's time to start looking forward to next year.

Potential returning players...

Forwards:

Joey Anderson
Kieffer Bellows
Patrick Harper
Clayton Keller

Defensemen:

Adam Fox
Ryan Lindgren

Goalies:

Jake Oettinger
Joe Woll

Eligible players...

Forwards:

Evan Barratt
Logan Brown
Sasha Chmelevski
Trent Frederic
Timothy Gettinger
Max Jones
Patrick Khodorenko
William Knierim
Vanya Lodnia
Brannon McManus
Casey Mittelstadt
Liam Murphy
Michael Pastujov
Nick Pastujov
Scott Reedy
Riley Tufte
Kailer Yamamoto

Defense:

Cam Dineen
David Farrance
Callan Foote
Max Gildon
Ben Gleason
J.D. Greenway
Chad Krys
Griffin Luce
Luke Martin
Andrew Peeke
Sam Rossini
Jake Toporowski

EDIT: WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

Last edited:

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Don't really see any NHL omissions. Don't think Keller, or Bellows will be ready.

Then again I said the same about Tkachuk and Werenski.

ACtually if I would guess, I'd say Logan Brown is most likely to be out.

Last edited:

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I can't wait. This is my favorite thread because I plan on attending my first tourney in Buffalo next year with my daughter. Can't wait.

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Bellows-Keller-Anderson
Mittelstadt-Brown-Yamamoto
Harper-Poehling-Reedy
Jones-Frederic-Lockwood
Chmelevski

Lindgren-Fox
Dineen-Peeke
Greenway-Martin
Krys

Woll
Oettinger

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Do you guys think this is looking like a down year for the team or another strong group?

Should be strong. I don't think they'll lose anyone to the pros...maybe Keller?

Goaltending should be a big strength and D should be solid. Forwards will be solid but will probably lack the depth from this year's pool.

Let Blaine Die

Holden out 4 a hero
Jan 4, 2012
NYC
Jones - Keller - Anderson
Yamamoto - Brown - Lodnia
Bellows - Mittlestadt - Reedy
Poehling - Frederic - Lockwood
Harper

Lindgren - Fox
Greenway - Peeke
Krys - Martin
Hughes

Oettinger
Woll
Petruzelli

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
Lockwood is an interesting name. He's had a great year at Michigan despite the team being down overall. I can definitely see him making the team if he continues to improve.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Way too early, and after the season finishes, I'm more interested in what a summer camp roster may look like instead of trying to predict the team, but here's my initial guess:

Forwards (x13):

Kieffer Bellows - Clayton Keller - Joey Anderson
Casey Mittelstadt - Logan Brown - Kailer Yamamoto
Max Jones - Trent Frederic - Ivan Lodnia
Jason Robertson - Josh Norris - William Lockwood
Ryan Poehling

Defense (x7):

Ryan Lindgren - Adam Fox
Chad Krys - Luke Martin
JD Greenway - Andrew Peeke
David Farrance

Goalies (x3):

Joseph Woll
Jake Oettinger
Cayden Primeau

Notes:
  • I don't think they should lose anyone to the NHL like they did this year. Keller needs another year to get stronger, and Brown needs more consistency in his game. Hopefully they're available.
  • On first look, this defense will need a few guys to progress and rise to the challenge, much like this year's team. Can Krys take another step in his development? Sean Day?!?
  • Left off Harper as he's barely a returning player. The next DeBrincat? If he can keep up his production in the NCAA next year, he'll obviously be heavily in the running, but I'm skeptical.
  • I'm not that high on the NTDP U18 team, but the IIHF U18 tournament in April will help determine potential front runners. There will definitely be quite a few players on that team at the summer camp, but not that confident on most of those guys being ready for this tournament.
  • Some interesting players in the OHL to follow. I threw on Lodnia and Robertson here, but guys like Gettinger, Chmelevski, Kopacka, and Dineen are worth watching.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Mittelstadt, Yamamoto, and Jones will be three big time adds to this group.

Plus maybe a 2000 sneaks in ala Wise or Wilde depending on depth.

This team will be just as deep IMO. So much 98's to pick from alone...and add Logan Brown now!!! :laugh:

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Way too early, and after the season finishes, I'm more interested in what a summer camp roster may look like instead of trying to predict the team, but here's my initial guess:

Forwards (x13):

Kieffer Bellows - Clayton Keller - Joey Anderson
Casey Mittelstadt - Logan Brown - Kailer Yamamoto
Max Jones - Trent Frederic - Ivan Lodnia
Jason Robertson - Josh Norris - William Lockwood
Ryan Poehling

Defense (x7):

Ryan Lindgren - Adam Fox
Chad Krys - Luke Martin
JD Greenway - Andrew Peeke
David Farrance

Goalies (x3):

Joseph Woll
Jake Oettinger
Cayden Primeau

Notes:
  • I don't think they should lose anyone to the NHL like they did this year. Keller needs another year to get stronger, and Brown needs more consistency in his game. Hopefully they're available.
  • On first look, this defense will need a few guys to progress and rise to the challenge, much like this year's team. Can Krys take another step in his development? Sean Day?!?
  • Left off Harper as he's barely a returning player. The next DeBrincat? If he can keep up his production in the NCAA next year, he'll obviously be heavily in the running, but I'm skeptical.
  • I'm not that high on the NTDP U18 team, but the IIHF U18 tournament in April will help determine potential front runners. There will definitely be quite a few players on that team at the summer camp, but not that confident on most of those guys being ready for this tournament.
  • Some interesting players in the OHL to follow. I threw on Lodnia and Robertson here, but guys like Gettinger, Chmelevski, Kopacka, and Dineen are worth watching.

Maybe slightly off topic for this thread but do you know who, if any, outsiders they might bring in for the U18 tournament like they did with Brown, Mittelstadt, and Yamamoto last year?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->