WJC: 2018 Team USA Roster Talk

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Mittlestadt-Brown-Anderson
Jones-Frederic-Yamamoto
Robertson-Poehling-Lockwood
Bellows-Sasha-Lodnia
Wahlstrom

Spitballing....Off the top of my head....will change tomorrow.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Mittelstadt-Brown-Yamamoto
Bellows-Frederic-Harper
Tufte-Tkachuk-Anderson
Jones-Barratt-Lockwood
Norris

Lindgren-Peeke
Krys-Fox
Gildon-Day
Hughes

Oettinger
Woll
Petruzzelli

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Goalies'

Oettinger
Woll
Petruzzelli

Defense

Lindgren
Fox
Martin
Peeke
Krys
Hughes
Day

Offense

Anderson
Barratt
Bellows
Brown
Frederic
Jones
Mittelstadt
Poehling
Yamamoto
Harper
Norris
Tkachuk
Lockwood

not a bad group - nothing extremely high-end but still a very well balanced team.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

NHL Network will celebrate the Fourth of July with USA Hockey centric programming throughout the day, showcasing international success from the recently concluded 2016-2017 season, and a look back at the United States win in the inaugural World Cup of Hockey in 1996. Programming begins at 7:00 am ET and runs throughout the day and night.

NHL Tonight will present USA Hockey - Year In Review, an hour-long program highlighting the record-breaking four gold medals captured by United States teams in top-level IIHF play in 2016-2017. NHL Network will also air replays of three IIHF gold-medal games in world championship play from 2017.

NHL Network Originals - Orchestrating An Upset - The 1996 World Cup of Hockey - 7:00 am ET-8:00 am ET/10:00 pm ET-11:00 pm ET.
NHL Tonight - USA Hockey - Year in Review - 8:00 am ET-9:00 am ET/1:00 pm ET-2:00 pm ET/6:00 pm ET-7:00 pm ET.

2017 IIHF World Junior Championship - Semifinal - United States vs Russia - 1/4/17 - 9:00 am ET-11:00 am ET.
2017 IIHF World Junior Championship - Gold Medal Game - United States vs Canada - 1/5/17 - 11:00 am ET-1:00 pm ET/7:00 pm ET- 9:00 pm ET.

2017 IIHF U-18 Men's World Championship - Gold Medal Game - USA vs Finland - 4/23/17 - 2:00 pm ET-4:00 pm ET.
2017 IIHF Women's World Championship - Gold Medal Game - USA vs Canada - 4/7/17 - 4:00 pm ET-6:00 pm ET/11:00 pm ET-1:00 am ET.

Last edited:

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
Not sure exactly why but just hearing the words NHL Network always sticks in my craw.

jasonr90

Jun 11, 2014
Maine, USA
2018 Projected WJC Roster

My guess for Team USA. I'm not going to pretend to be smart enough to get the line combinations.

Goalies- Jake Oettinger, Dylan St. Cyr, Joseph Woll

Defense- Sean Day, Adam Fox, Chad Krys, Ryan Lindgren, Dylan Samberg, Andrew Peeke, Luke Martin

Forwards- Joey Anderson, Evan Barratt, Kieffer Bellows, Logan Brown, Trent Frederic, Patrick Harper, Max Jones, Casey Mittelstadt, Brady Tkachuk, Riley Tufte, Kailer Yamamoto, Logan Cockerill, Ryan Poehling

Just going from the camp roster

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Off topic but I just re-watched the 2016 semi vs Russia.

How did we lose that game?? In a 7 game series, we win at least 5.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm not sure if Lindgren is going to be able to play. He was supposed to skate this week at Boston's Dev Camp and was held out as he recovers from his broken leg.

I hope he's able to go for this Summer Showcase

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I'm not sure if Lindgren is going to be able to play. He was supposed to skate this week at Boston's Dev Camp and was held out as he recovers from his broken leg.

I hope he's able to go for this Summer Showcase

He's a lock for the WJC team whether or not he's at the showcase.

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
Any new jerseys coming out for the tournament for Team USA? Besides the Bills jersey? If not I can just buy last year's model anytime.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Getting fired up for Eval Camp. Gonna pay the money to buy the early games on Fast Hockey (or whatever it's called now)....don't tell my wife.

Was Harper the only one who didn't go to Eval Camp last year, then make the team?

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Middlestadt can handle the puck so well in tight, like it's on a string. Nasty goal to put us up 3-2. Barratt played really strong in all 3 zones. My first time seeing Max Gerlach and I like his game a lot. Didn't know he was that quick and made very smart passes in all 3 zones. Yamamoto was one of the better forwards out there too. His spin o rama pass in that 3rd period to nearly set up a goal was great. Plus he's all over the offensive zone and has a lot of patience with the puck. Badini had a bullet of a shot that went top shelf to go up 2-1 in the second.

On D I liked Knoepke's game. He battles so hard in the corners and often does a good job. One of those guys that can contribute quietly on D. Thought Quinn Hughes tried to do a little to much at times carrying the puck. He didn't have a bad game, but I thought he could have been a little bit smarter with the puck in the O zone on his rushes. Finland played a really good game, they are so creative with the puck in the offensive zone and had Team USA White scrambling a few times in each period. Was looking forward to watching them.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
David Farrance and JD Greenway have been added to the roster for the showcase. Farrance will skate for USA White starting today and Greenway for USA Blue starting tomorrow as he'll arrive tonight

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
David Farrance and JD Greenway have been added to the roster for the showcase. Farrance will skate for USA White starting today and Greenway for USA Blue starting tomorrow as he'll arrive tonight

Solid additions. Two guys who probably should have been here from the start, but they also needed more D as Lindgren isn't playing in games at the WJSS.

Lindgren and Lockwood aren't playing in any games as they recuperate from injuries, Max Jones hasn't joined the showcase as he had a death in the family, and Krys was injured yesterday as well.

Last edited:

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Mikey Anderson has been solid in two and a half games so far. He alone has gotten probably 5 pucks to the net, also has great gap control intercepting passes in the neutral zone. Sean Day has had a good bounce back game thus far after turning the puck over to give Sweden the win yesterday. Sean Dhooge really showed how effective he his on the PK at the IIHF U-18's last year. He's picked that up again in the two games thus far, had two really good shifts on the PK, one of them picking off the puck and took off down the left side to get the puck towards the net. Obviously on offense he's good too.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Mikey Anderson has been solid in two and a half games so far. He alone has gotten probably 5 pucks to the net, also has great gap control intercepting passes in the neutral zone. Sean Day has had a good bounce back game thus far after turning the puck over to give Sweden the win yesterday. Sean Dhooge really showed how effective he his on the PK at the IIHF U-18's last year. He's picked that up again in the two games thus far, had two really good shifts on the PK, one of them picking off the puck and took off down the left side to get the puck towards the net. Obviously on offense he's good too.

Thx for the reports.

Hard not to root for Dhooghe to make the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00